Visited The Ramada, Singapore in May 2014, we stayed from the 1st to 8th of May, summarized below are the positives and negatives of our experience with this hotel :
Positives of the hotel :
1- Location though not very convenient is complemented by free shuttle bus services provided by the hotel to Novena station MRT and Orchard Road.
2- Shopping mall attached to the hotel premises.
3- Nice, clean, & well maintained pool.
4- Overall hotel premises well maintained.
5- Kind behavior of Front Office staff who try to help on quires raised.
6- Early check in raequest very kindly accepted by the hotel, probably due to our correspondence with the GM prior to booking.
7- Very kind and helping GM.
Negatives of the hotel :
1- The service centre executives who reply to the correspondence done via email are either Novice or need extensive training as they just do not understand what you are trying to convey. It is a task to try and make them understand if you have many quires like we had.
2- We had clearly indicated before booking the hotel that we prefer a room on a higher floor preferably above 10th floor, during check in we were informed that there is only 1 room available on the 10th floor and all other rooms on the higher floor are already occupied. Reluctantly we agreed to the 10th floor room, however when we opened the door of the room we were disappointed to see that the room had not been cleaned. On informing the reception we were told that it has already been cleaned as confirmed by the hotel Housekeeping. We then invited the receptionist to come and have a look at the room for their satisfaction. We were then immediately offered another room on the 16th floor ( which was supposed to be occupied as confirmed during check-in ).
3- Though we were two of us in the room, to our surprise on the second day housekeeping had provided only one towel and no shower gel in the bathroom and had to be requested for.
4- On the subsequent day we found some brown color stains on the inner side of the Quilt on return to are room at night. When we requested for a change of cover, housekeeping was not working at night at the hotel hence had to wait till the next day morning for the same.
5- The hotel was kind enough to give us some fruits on our first day of arrival as we had a long stay at the hotel. The kind staff who had provided us these fruits also asked us for preference of fruits and informed us that the same would be refilled after 2-3 days. The same was done however the preference of fruit we had given did not seem to affect this refill, however our preferential fruits were kept in our room the night before departure. Since we needed to the reach the airport by 5:30am for our flight back, we could only admire those fruits.
6- On the first day we ordered ice which the Dinning Staff was kind enough to provide on the second day however we were informed by them that we can order ice only once during our stay for free, all subsequent requests for ice will be charged. Only on raising our voice over this issue, did they agree to provide us one free bucket of ice per day. Our argument was simple, how can a person staying for 1 night or 1 week or 1 month get only 1 bucket of ice throughout the stay.
7- Also no additional tourist information is provided by the staff unless specific quires are raised. There may be places close to the hotel or around Singapore which are not commonly known, which are worth visiting, however the information on the same is not provided by the staff.
• Given the above facts the hotel is still a good property and well maintained overall and worth the stay (though I did give them a harsher feedback ontheir online feedback form, as there are improvements needed, would have probably given them rating as Good, however there is no such option available in TA ).
If you need some more details on Singapore in general, please do visit my Blog at :
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park is the only four-star international chain hotel in Novena, which is flanked by an array of restaurants, providing visitors a wide choice of pubs, local, western and Chinese cuisine.The hotel features Flavours, an all-day dining restaurant serving predominantly local Singaporean and Southeast Asian culinary delights, Business Centre with Free Internet Computer stations, Gym, Swimming Pool, 540 square-meters of Meeting and Banquet space, Underground Car park and two-level retail mall.Ramada Singapore at Zhongshan Park offers 384 well-appointed guest rooms with premium Serta mattress for a good night’s rest, Complimentary High Speed Internet Access, Free Local Calls, Complimentary use of the Gymnasium and Swimming Pool and a breakfast worth waking up for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Singapore At Zhongshan Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Singapore At Zhongshan Park