“wonderful experience”

Ranked #63 of 230 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Sabah, Malaysia
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Staff are friendly, funny and help us when we ask direction.
staff also suggest few great places to visit.
dining area/room feel like home.
room kinda small, but still okay & clean.
wifi connection very good.
safe place to walk around accommodation.
we really enjoyed our stay and will come again :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

we went to Sg for 5 days 'n found these hotels by searching on internet. we check-in earlier, the staffs in front desk were so helpful with all those luggages and suggested some destination nearby. overall, the staffs are their best assets... rooms, quite small, breakfast's average (wake up earlier coz by 8 a.m u just get the toast bread), thankfully the coffee machines is ready for all day long. u also could get some discounts for various attractions by booked in front desk.....on any time. don't have any hesitation to ask any information to staffs (Hidaya & fatimah'r fluent in Malay language). but i hope they could attach some hanger outside for towels so the room's lesser humid n smelly. thanks for serving us during our trip

Room Tip: try to get room ensuite with bathroom for family
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Too bad I only had to stay here for a night.. I would certainly recommend this hostel to all of my friends who wants to stay in Bugis. Compared to 2 hostels in this area, this little haven just feels like home. The beds have good linen and the loft I stayed in for one person even fits two.. IT is very near Bugis and the Nicoll Highway MRT. It is very peaceful and clean.. And should I mention that their kitchen and dining area is spacious and squeaky clean and tidy..

You immediately feel a sense of relaxation as you enter the reception area.. The white walls give the area a somewhat "sterile" feeling....

I love the architecture of this area too.. It reminds me of the old chinese houses..

Plus the staff that gladly helped me get an upgrade to a one-bedroom loft was so amiable and helpful..

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

this place was so nice and i dont regret at all spent my nights in spore at this place. a gud friend recommended this to me, and she's right..the place was so nice, so comfy,and just a few minutes from MRT station. the staffs are so helpful..the facilities also quite complete. i'll recommend this place to my relatives who'll go to spore..for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed April 27, 2013

thank u so much for d wonderful stay... wifi connection is great... near the bus station (buses going around the city and bus from Thailand and Malaysia <golden mile tower>), mrt and food stalls. The staff are very accommodating... i really like the reception area it's so cute...

we really enjoyed our stay...

all in all its a fantabulous experience

FANTASTIC and FABULOUS

thanks

^_^

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

4 female dorm room:

First time in trying hostel alone in singapore. Came to visit a friend and decided to experience the hostel lifestyle solo. Bugis MRT is about 15-20mins walk and Nicoll highway link is about 10-15mins walk too depending where you want to go. Free wifi was convenient. I check in on the 19/4, 22/4, 23/4 stay on level 2 on female side, although the rooms are small and cramp, it was ok for the value. As long there was aircond im not complaining lol. Theres no windows but i felt theres no need because most of the time you are out. Everyone just have to lock the doors whenever they go out even though there is a person in there. On the 22/4 and 23/4 , my room was on the Level 1 and it was so convenient to have the bathroom inside the room. Most of all I was lucky to have the room to myself with no one except one asian girl who i didnt meet and she left quite early.

Feedback:

5 Foot iinch way staff: Thanks for giving me the lower bunk and lower rectangle locker as per requested.Staff were quite attentive, friendly and helpful and try to meet our request promptly. I met few staff such as Fatima, Chris, Aghandi, Wei hao who were very welcoming and helpful in my short stays. Chris even gave me a rag cloth to wipe my leakage in my bag. One of the days it was raining, one of the girls say i could even borrow an umbrella as long as i bring it back (I forgot your name sorry). Staff can speak english. I left at 1430hrs and staff was helpful in organising a taxi for me to go to the airport. Thankyou

Kitchen: Free breakfast between 630-10am. Just the normal toast, cornflakes and spreads for a quick bite. Singapore has plenty of choices and eateries so if you are really hungry and new to the country, the breakky is quite handy. I like the teh tarik machine lol. Theres free water for refills and 24/7 coffee/teh tarik if you feel like chilling outside. It was a good idea to inform everyone to clean/wash up after eating/drinking.

Internet and wifi: Free, Fast and accessible

Reception: 24/7

Bed and price: Clean and worth the value for short stays and people on a budget

Shower and toilet accessibility: Clean

Lockers and luggage and CCTV: You get a locker to store your luggage away. Just have to paid $20 deposit for the key card. It will be returned once you checkout. Just be mindful of your belongings etc and lock the doors when you are out or if anyone goes out. Theres CCTV in the building. Guest can store their luggage in a store room if there are going away. $2 per day only. Just need to labelled your name clearly.

Overall touchwood, I had a safe and comfortable stay with a cool room :). If your into trying hostels and meeting new people or even being a first timer, 5footinchway hostel in bugis is a starting journey or even your first stop if you decided to stay in Singapore.

Room Tip: I hate climbing bunks, so lower bunk is my preference
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great place to stay, staff are friendly and very approachable...location is convenience and near the MRT as well as bus station..wifi free....thank you 5footwayinn for making my stay here safe and comfortable...