“Cheapest in Singapore”

Ranked #64 of 223 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Montreal
“Cheapest in Singapore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We took this hostel because of the price. Singapore is quite expensive and it was a great value. We actually stayed at the new one near Arab St. The hostel just finished being done, so the rooms smelled like paint and other material. I had trouble sleeping the 1st night because of the smell, but I'm sure now it is couple months old that the odour is gone. The rooms are quite small but comfortable. You have a bed on top and a sofa below and not a lot of space to move around. The bathroom is big if you ask for private room, if not there are showers and toilet for everyone for the dorms which are very clean. That being said, there is a small kitchen in the entrance where you can put your food and enjoy free coffee and some table to relax and eat. I really like the ambiance of this hostel, and the staff helped us planned our day. They are the best employees ever!

Room Tip: choose a price room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
PB1_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Bugis, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear MontrealMissy

Thank you for a review on 5Footway.inn Project Bugis with great compliments!

It seems to me that you had stayed in Project Bugis on April of 2012.

We did renovate Terrace Garden Rooftop and room facilities so as to offer better service quality.

Please revisit and rate us once more regarding new environment!

Thank you again and look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

my booking for a dorm room. but since there is promotion and only adds $ 5 I got a single private room.

rooms are amazingly clean. window overlooking the vibrant kampoeng glam.

free wifi in the room. and the staff is friendly and fun.
The perfect hostel for backpackers. close to the MRT station.
I would go back there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear K8teahicks

Thank you for writing a positive review on 5footway.inn Project Bugis!

We are glad to know that you have been enjoyed your stay and are willing to come back in your next stay in Singapore!

Please do remember that revisit of 5Footwayinn can have a 5% discount, and contact our reservation team in advance!

Thank you again and hope to see you soon!
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed in the 1 bed room for one night. Pros were clean room, comfy bed, good air con, high ceiling. Cons were that my room was next to the fire-door which led into reception (bit noisy in morning). Also this room has no windows - the high ceiling helps but if you get claustrophobia you may not be too happy. Finally the loos were a bit iffy - one was constantly flushing but I would say the bathrooms were clean in general. Wear flip-flops/thongs in the shower.

Very very helpful and considerate staff - you have to pay cash (which I didn't know) and they offered for me to pay up the next morning so I could get some rest first.

Breakfast confused me but this could have just been me. Didn't know which food was for whom. Lots of people were clustered round some bread and jam - this could have been breakfast. There are numerous 7elevens and places to get fruit for brekkie if you don't want the hostel one though.

This area is awesome. Much more down to earth than a lot of Singapore. I had a great massage at Tang Dynasty on the corner of Aliwal St - do it!

I echo previous reviewers about good wifi and power points etc.

Room Tip: I would try to get one with a window. Though I didn't hear the call to prayer which some reviewe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear K8teahicks

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review in Project Bugis with your valuable comments!

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize any inconvenience caused during your stay.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and management will take an action to improve soundproof system in all the rooms.

Thank you again for choosing 5Footway.inn Project Bugis and look forward to hosting you again!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a hostel and we got a bunk bed private room with attached toilet. The room was spotlessly clean. Room was small, but the bed was fairly big. Its a room which would suit for travellers planning to use the room only to sleep and relax a few min between jaunts.
Great plus points: Front desk staff one of the best i've seen, 530 am checkout, how to go around, ticket print out at 12am.
Breakfast is not much, but fair enough for a free one.
Location - Just few min walk off arab street and turkish cafe. No matter what time you return you'll always have a restaurant serving food and turkish cafe with its hookahs.
About 15 min walk from Bugis metro station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PB1_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Bugis, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hi Ragha 1985!

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Project Bugis with your generous full rating!

We are please to know that you have enjoyed your stay with our friendly staff!

Hope to host you again in Singapore, and let us know when you come back for discount of returning!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Better than the picture had shown. We had a space which is pretty cosy although small. Clean and hygienic. Good location for people who are into artsy stuff as it's near haji lane, etc. Walking distance to the bars as well if you want a drink or too. Overall satisfactory.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hi firewolfy!

Thank you for your second stay in Projct Bugis and great compliments on our crews!

It is glad to know that we exceed your satisfaction every time you are staying with us!

Please let us know when you are coming back to Singapore, so we can offer you discount as a returning guest.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

It was a pleasant stay, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I only stayed here for 1 night, in a private room, but i love it here. The room was small, only a bed and a table, but has AC and free wi-fi in room. That's all I need for a short stay, with a very reasonable price. I also had a glance at 2-room and 4-room dormitories. They were all very tidy, clean and comfy enough. The shared bathroom was clean, with provided shampoo and shower gel, and personal towel. I was surprised really, I thought I had to buy these for myself :D. They kept a strict rule for tourists staying here, one especially to ask guests to voice down after 11, which was really nice since I cant sleep if it's noisy. The hostel was located pretty near the center of Bugis, about 15 mins on foot for me. Well I hope it could be a bit closer but still its ok. The staff, Hoon, Wei Hao and Alisha, was very friendly and helpful during my short stay. If i'm coming back to S'pore, I'd like to stay here again and this is definitely will be listed as my recommendations for my friends and families :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear ChibiCaroline

Thank you for choosing 5footway.inn Project Bugis during your visit to Singapore and also generous full rating!!

We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us and we look forward to having you guys back in the near future.

Thank you!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Decided for the first time, to try out staying in a hostel as the reviews had been good, so booked in for 2 nights in a bunk room with private toilet/shower facilities.

On the minus side - found our room to be very dungeon like as it had no windows which made it very dark; the air conditioning unit was loud; extremely small with barely enough room to open up your suitcase; would have been nice to have had some sort of sheving in the toilet/shower area.

However, on the plus side - the location in relation to the Nicholl Highway MRT was good, which made getting around really easy and the area had plenty of bars and restaurants which meant it was nice and lively both in the day and in the evening.

Despite the negatives, while I probably wouldn't choose to stay in the hostel again, it served it's purpose for our 2 night stay and was a far cheaper option than most of the hotels!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple