We were extremely disappointed during our stay last this week. We thought that the service was great when we read the review; HOWEVER, this was totally opposite.
1. When I made the booking about two months prior to our arrival date, the owner Audrey gave me a rate of 170 SGD for 7 adults which we both agreed and confirmed the reservation. However, a week prior to our arrival, she then sent me an email that an ADDITIONAL RATE of 10% will be added to the room rate WHICH IN THE FIRST PLACE SHE MENTIONED THAT RATE 170 SGD IS ALREADY NETT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CHARGES. I just slipped it away since we will be arriving the soonest.
2. Since our flight is arriving at midnight, I inquired if their combivan which Audrey quoted at 55 SGD is already nett and if it includes midnight surcharge, she AGAIN mentioned that it is NETT WITH ALL CHARGES; however, she AGAIN sent an email a day prior to our arrival that there would be an additional rate of 10 SGD for midnight surcharge. To my upset, I cancelled automatically the car directly. I began to think that they are not consistent with what they are committing to their guests.
3. When we arrived past midnight due to the late arrival of the aircraft, we were hoping that someone will greet and help us, UNFORTUNATELY, a front desk staff RUDELY said to us that "Why did we arrive late for we wake her up at this time". Doesn't she have any sympathy, anricipation or common sense to ask if how are we on our long flight instead of being so rude?
4. When we arrive in our room, it smelled newly painted wooden bed so we have to open the window to get rid of the smell. At morning, breakfast was not clearly advised and instructed.
5. Lastly, when we paid the room, the front desk told me that the room rate is at 190 SGD (which was not the rate quoted to me through email). I told the front desk that the rate was 187 SGD (170+10%) and she yelled at me that it's 190. I then insisted the exact rate which was given by Audrey. When that rude and ugly front desk called her and passed the phone to me, I was shocked when she told me that the rate is 190 for she ROUNDED OFF the rate from 187 to 190. I then told her that she doesn't have the right to round off any rate that was not confirmed! I have been alot of hotel/ backpackers and I haven't experienced this kind of lame excuse and terrible service in my entire life!!!
So if you are planning to stay in this Hostel, well think about it over and over again!
BELIEVE ME THEY WILL RUIN YOU'RE VACATION!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, newly opened is your home in the city. Dormitory Style Bedrooms with free Wifi throughout.Breakfast provided from 7-11am.3 Min walk to Lavender Subway that will take you to all the sights in Singapore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore