“Very Homey.”

Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Very Homey.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

10 reasons why stay in Gusti B&B:

1) They have the friendliest and most attentive staff of all the b&bs i've stayed at. The owner, Audrey is so nice as well as her sister who's in charge in the front desk when we were there.
2) Spacious rooms. Our room have huge entertainment and dining area.
3) Perfect place if you're travelling with family and groups.
4) So good location. Near Lavender Station.
5) Convenient store available,located beside the entrance.
6) They reply so quick when u email them (reservations matters)
7) We rode a limousine going to universal studios baby! c/o Gusti also.
8) Very heplful in arranging our tours like getting tickets and transpo.
9) You got to mingle with the other guests in the main lobby.
10) Super affordable! You get more than you pay for.

The only turn-off: No lifts! it's like 5 storey bldg, we occupied the 3rd level. Kinda okay for the not so old people but we had with us our grandma so eeerrrr, not so good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank iamdhalal
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Its good to know you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Cheers;
Audrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Friendly, clean and reasonably quite (apart from the girl singing in our dorm!). Walking distance to the huge and delicious Lavendar food court. Right near the Lavender MRT station. And cheap! Recommended!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank nascogirl
Hi,

Thank you for your positive review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I arrived in the evening after having reserved my room through whatsapp. Very easy! The rooms were quite emtpy already but I truly enjoyed my stay. The rooms are very clean, the wifi is fast and the beds are quiet (sometimes BnB's use terrible metal bed frames making terrible noises).

Breakfast is simple as I am used to at these places, but most importantly it was quiet and friendly. Top notch!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank henkisdabro
Hello :)

Thank you so much for the positive review.

Am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Do visit and stay with us again.

Cheers;

Dehradun, India
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Very nice! It is near the central City. Take the mrt(metro) from the airport(cheap) and get out at lavender station. Easy to find. Clean, cozy. We asked for an all girls dorm. The people in the reception were so helpful. Mention tripadvisor in your reservation and get 10 discount. 27 dollars pr. Night. Aircon in the room. Food court and supermarked 5 min away.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Frkappel
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello Liv,

Thank you for writing such a good review. We are so happy to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore. Good to know that we are able to accommodate you in all gals room as on a normal basis we are actually a mixed dormitories.
Anyway hope to welcome you back again. Take care, and have fun in your next destination Bali :)
- Audrey-GUSTI BnB
Lusaka, Zambia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Everything about this place is excellent..rooms are clean, location is perfect, staff are very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again when i go back to singapore. Recommending it to everyone

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mohamed S
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello Hadhramy,

We are so honoured at reading your positive and encouraging reviews. Thank you so much for writing and recommending GUSTI BnB to everyone. We will definitely try to maintain standard and hope to welcome you back. Once again thank you. - Audrey GUSTI BnB Team.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very friendly and attentive staff. Always room for one more - space is not tight. Location is good and close to transport. Plenty of showers and sinks. Breakfast is served - a bonus already. No toiletries brought? Shouldn't be a worry as they are readily available there for minimal fees.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank PasyaDong
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Hello Pasya,

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are so happy you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Please do come back and stay with us again on your next trip to Singapore.
Looking forward to welcoming you to GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore.

GUSTI BnB Team
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

When I first arrived at Gusti's B & B, I was a bit confused as to how to get in. You'll have to ring the bell first, as the door is locked to make sure no unwelcome intruders will bother the guests.
The stairhouse made the impression of a regular housing block with many families living in it on me. Make sure you take off your shoes before you enter the main room with the reception.

To be honest, my first thoughts after checking in and seeing my room were: "Can I really stay in this place?"
It reminded me of the kind of hostels I hadn't stayed in since I was a pupil in Elementary school. The bunk beds also reminded me of my childhood. Also, the idea of having to share a room with a lot of other people didn't make me ecstatic. But upon return to the hostel after being out to meet a friend on my arrival day, I started to appreciate this place a whole lot.

First of all, it's very convenient that you'll receive your own key card, so you can check in whenever you want(no curfew). Also, there's usually always still someone awake and I'm not sure if the other guests are always as nice and kind as they were during my stay, but within a day, I started to make acquaintances there and the whole place started to feel like a home, away from home. The staff is very nice(maybe because they are Indonesian or have Indonesian ancestors?), the toilet and shower is very clean, the kitchen too. Having to sleep in one room with others is actually quite nice too, even though there's one thing you should be aware of:
I'm 188cm and I just fit into the bed...I think if you're 190cm or taller, you'll have some problems to fit into the bed. Other than that, I can't complain:). The matress is not soft, but it didn't affect my sleep, I actually slept a lot better during my stay in Singapore than I did at home. There's an adapter if you have electronics that require European outlets(otherwise, you can "cheat" the outlet by pressing some stick or pen into the upper hole and pushing your cable into the other 2 holes).
The guests seemed to be mostly other South-East-Asians, which is a big plus for me, as I feel that many Singaporeans are quite cold, while most other South-East-Asians are very friendly and naturally curious. Even if you're a rather reserved character such as myself, you'll easily make friends there:).

The price is also absolutely fair and ok. During my last visit to Singapore in October, I slept at the airport for 2 days, because I wasn't willing to pay 200SGD or more for a hotel room only, but here, you only pay around 25 SGD per night, plus a 20 SGD deposit that'll be refunded when you check-out. Speaking of which, the staff is also lenient on the check-out time:).

The proximity to the MRT station Lavender is also a big plus. In case you don't know the area:
Once u leave the MRT station, turn right after the escalator(you'll pass several food stalls), cross the street, go right, left, right and you'll be there:).

I'll definitely stay at this place again during any future stay in Singapore:)!

Kind Regards to the whole Gusti Team...terima kasih banyak:)!

Florian

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank lironicus
GustiSG, Owner at GUSTI Bed & Breakfast Singapore, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hello Florian,

Thank you for such a nice review. Its so encouraging to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.