“A Sleep Palace at Night ...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adler Luxury Hostel

Adler Luxury Hostel
Munich
“A Sleep Palace at Night ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

..and a Feel Good Lounge during the day. This is the a shortest and best description I can come up with when describing the Adler Hostel.
I have been travelling and staying in hostels all over the world for almost a year now. I stay in hostels to meet other travelers and exchange experiences. I have seen all sort of places and was very pleased when I entered the Adler Hostel. It had exactly what I am as a single traveler looking for. The concept here is different than a regular hostel. It is not about filling the rooms with minimal effort. It is is a premium hostel created from a traveler for travelers.
I highly recommend this place for travelers who are looking for quality instead of cheap. It is worth spending the extra money. The beds are really comfy and you just feel like you are sleeping at home. In the mornings, I enjoyed the breakfast and hanging out in the downstairs lounge with the staff and other travelers. The hostel is clean, comfy and fun. The staff is suuuper friendly, knowledgeable about the city and a lot of fun to hang out with. We had quite a few laughs together and it was a real fun week at the hostel. Next time, when I am back in Singapore, I will definitely be staying at Adler's again and check on my new found friends.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Patty,

Thank you for your charming review and for praising us so highly following your stay. We all love what we do and it makes us so proud when our lovely residents (like you!) say such wonderful things about us.

A toast to our new friendship and we will definitely be missing the time spent together.

Please make plans to return to see us soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Singapore!

Adler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have never thought I could stay in a hostel, but when I was exploring china town and saw the Adler hostel, I was curios and walked in and asked for a show around the hostel, the receptionist kaylen was so welcoming and did show me around this beautiful hostel, I must say, I was so impressed, great facilities, fantastic location with close proximity to MRT, Major attractions, night life just 1 minute walk away, shopping at the door step, in the heart of china town, so I checked out from my hotel and came to stay here, wow, great service, generous team, very professional and efficient, you may rely on them to be your tour guide in Singapore, I really recommend this hostel and I will come back again and stay here. Enjoy

Room Tip: You have two option, either a 6 beds dorm or 18 beds dorm, both are ok, but I prefer the 18 beds sin...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Firas,

A Luxury Hostel indeed!

We are pleased to hear that you had such a delightful stay here at Adler Hostel. As you have discovered, we are blessed to have a wonderful staffs such as Kaylen who is passionate, truly enjoy working here and serving our guests, and we are delighted that you were the recipients of their hospitality.

Once again, thank you. We will continually strive to provide outstanding service and comments like yours are certainly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to your second home soon. See you next week!

Warmest regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights (16 - 18 Oct 2013) in Ivory Room. The location was easily reached. Well, for me, as a first time traveler in Singapore, i could find this place easily.

Pros:
1. Near to the MRT - Chinatown: maybe 5 minutes walking
2. Staffs were kind and helpful. It was my first time in Spore and they helped me a lot with directions and where were the places to visit..
3. The late check in was easy. The receptionist gave me directions how to open the main door and how to find my bed.
4. My bed was big enough for me and it's private. There was thick curtain and no one could see your shadow or what you're doing inside your bed. Furthermore, the thick curtain help me a lot for the total darkness for sleeping.
5. Shower room was very clean and even though i share 4 bathrooms with 14 girls (max), i had no issues in queuing for taking a bath. I thought it was only me in the room.
6. The shower worked well and there was also water heater (Yay! I always love long hot shower).
7. There was no sting smell in the room.
8. Small storage in the bed was big enough for my backpack.
9. Adler was very close to Maxwell food center (this is important)
10. There was very strong wifi signal (love it!)

Cons:
On my arrival, i found some hair in my bed and the bed sheet was wrinkled. Therefore i spent like 7 minutes to make sure whether it was really my room and make sure whether i was in the right bed.

So, if i will stay in this hostel in the near future? Yes absolutely. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose lower bed, away from door and away from the air con (because it's very cold)
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Christina,

Thank you for choosing Adler Hostel for your stay in Singapore and taking time off to share your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor as it means a lot to all of us in Adler Hostel! We greatly appreciate your time extended to share your experience with us as such information enables us to monitor and improve our quality service standards.

It is with great concern however, that we learned about your disappointment in regards to the bed's condition on your arrival and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this had caused you. Furthermore please also rest assured that we since followed up with our team who will both review the processes and initiate corrective measures to avoid such incidents in the future.

Once again our sincerest appreciation and we look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back at the Adler Hostel, Singapore and if I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

adler@adlerintl.com
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days last week and this was perfect. the location was phenomenal right in the middle of chinatown and 5minutes walk from the metro. The service provided was excellent and complimentary breakfast was quite decent. I like the selection of teas available in the lounge and the smell of the whole place. I would highly recommend if you are looking for a cheap place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Sawadeeka Aree,

The perfect hostel! Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in Adler Hostel! It is always heartening to know that the quality of the facilities and standard of service is enjoyed and appreciated by our guests.

It’s my team’s pleasure to be of service, we will be missing you over at Adler Hostel!

Warm Regards,
Adler Poh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed 4 days when it's long weekend in Indonesia. Nice hostels, great and friendly staff.. All of the rooms are clean, bathroom with hot-cool water, strong wifi signal, quiet dorms.. Really you will sleep so tite, and can't wake up early, ;-).. There are many special offer if you stay in this hostel for the Singapore tourism place.. Four thumbs up, (plus my feet thumbs).. The place is near from the MRT Station, bus, Money Changer, food, ChinaTown Point. and souvenir place, which is easy to you to get so many cheap souvenir.. It's good to stay at this hostel guys...

Room Tip: Prefer to Chamber Room...
1 Thank Mochammad R
Dear Mochammad,

Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Adler Hostel! It is always heartening to know that our quality of the facilities and standard of service has met our guest’s expectation

Chamber room is also one of our favorite rooms!

Once again thank you for your compliments for our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel!

Adler Poh
Tg.Balai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I was meet and greet with a staff called NT, he was detailed in the checking process when he told me about the details I need to take note off. He also is knowledgeable in helping me plan my trip in Singapore when I had queries on where should I do and visit. He even assist me with my luggage which I was surprised that hostel had such a service. He stayed back after his working hours to talked to me about the different places I should go for meals, like must try dim sum and ice cream. Bad thing was the room was with a lot other guest which I feel the place is cramp. Overall I think the place is at a good location accessible by MRT, and friendly staffs. I will be back here again if I'm visiting Singapore again.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Christine,

We are pleased to hear that you had such a delightful stay here at Adler Hostel. As you havediscovered, we are blessed to have a wonderful staffs such as Neng Tat who is passionate, truly enjoy working here and serving our guests, and we are delighted that you were the recipients of their hospitality.

Kind Regards,
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

hostel is located near chinatown so i can find hostel easily.
room is clean, reception is friendly and very good location.
one of bad points is shower room is too small and there is no elevator.
but overall very favorite hostel in Singapore.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Soryhana
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Ann yeong Soryhana,

it is indeed a great privilege to receive such high praise and we are very happy to know you enjoyed your experience at our hostel. We appreciate your compliments on our location, cleanliness and service

It is with great concern however, that we learned about your issue about the size of some of the toilets. The toilets is a architectural short-coming of the Art Deco shop-house we're located in. As you know, Adler Hostel is situated in a beautifully conserved shop-house which hails from at least the 1940s. As such, we do have restrictions prohibits us from building larger toilets on the upper floors. However we do have two large toilets in the Ivory Room which we are sure you will be more than pleased with.

We will pass on your compliments to our staff and all of us look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Do come back soon!

Warm Regards,