“Awesome place with excellent staff”
Review of Adler Hostel

Adler Hostel
Ranked #11 of 248 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I was meet and greet with a staff called NT, he was detailed in the checking process when he told me about the details I need to take note off. He also is knowledgeable in helping me plan my trip in Singapore when I had queries on where should I do and visit. He even assist me with my luggage which I was surprised that hostel had such a service. He stayed back after his working hours to talked to me about the different places I should go for meals, like must try dim sum and ice cream. Bad thing was the room was with a lot other guest which I feel the place is cramp. Overall I think the place is at a good location accessible by MRT, and friendly staffs. I will be back here again if I'm visiting Singapore again.

• Stayed: October 2013
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Christine,

We are pleased to hear that you had such a delightful stay here at Adler Hostel. As you havediscovered, we are blessed to have a wonderful staffs such as Neng Tat who is passionate, truly enjoy working here and serving our guests, and we are delighted that you were the recipients of their hospitality.

Once again, thank you. We will continually strive to provide outstanding service and comments like yours are certainly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to your second home soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2013

hostel is located near chinatown so i can find hostel easily.
room is clean, reception is friendly and very good location.
one of bad points is shower room is too small and there is no elevator.
but overall very favorite hostel in Singapore.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Soryhana
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Ann yeong Soryhana,

it is indeed a great privilege to receive such high praise and we are very happy to know you enjoyed your experience at our hostel. We appreciate your compliments on our location, cleanliness and service

It is with great concern however, that we learned about your issue about the size of some of the toilets. The toilets is a architectural short-coming of the Art Deco shop-house we're located in. As you know, Adler Hostel is situated in a beautifully conserved shop-house which hails from at least the 1940s. As such, we do have restrictions prohibits us from building larger toilets on the upper floors. However we do have two large toilets in the Ivory Room which we are sure you will be more than pleased with.

We will pass on your compliments to our staff and all of us look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Do come back soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

First impression was not so good, as I arrive to the room and smelled the smell of shoes. Then directly headed to shower room, without knowing that power button for water heater is off and located outside the bathroom. Too late when realizing this, alrd wet and freezing (aircon). So, before you headed to the shower room, make sure u turn on the power if u want to use warm water.

But - that's the start only! Once u know this hostel better, u will LOVE it!!!

Bed is nice and clean, towel is big and clean, bathroom is clean and big for SG standard, they even use Kimberly-Clark products for toilet paper, soap, and air refresher! Surely they don't just pick cheapo products!! The tea selection is always ready, and they even don't let us wash the dishes after use! Service was great. Wifi worked perfectly. After 1st stay last week, I alrd came back to stay there and booked another 2 nights stay for nextweek! This is special as I keep changing hostels when I come to SG, >20 hostels tried and no one is as addictive as Adler Hostel!

I gave a 4-star just because it is a lil pricey and location is not so near to MRT station, but I will definitely come back and recommend to all my friends to stay there!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Lucy_backpackgal82
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Lucy,

Thank you for taking time off to share your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor as it means a lot to all of us in Adler Hostel! Your keys are on the front desk ready for your next arrival!

We will pass on your compliments to our staff and all of us look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I decided to try the Hostel world, as a older lady traveling alone it was important i got it right. What I found at Adler exceeded my expectation. I stayed in the Ivory room (ladies only) the room was clean, the curtained bed pod was comfy with privacy, mattress was soft with feather pillow and duvet. Staff are friendly and great fun. Location is fantastic. If i had to comment on what could be improved, the only thing that springs to mind are the showers, some cubicles are a bit tight.

Room Tip: Ivory Room has the bathrooms in the actual room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Asign0
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Asign,

Thank you so much for your compliments here. Your review is a testament to affirm the efforts and hard work of our team. We are very pleased to welcome you to the league of “Adler Residents” that had experienced the Adler product and service.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I opted to stay in hostels during my short stay in Singapore a couple weeks ago, and this was my favorite of the two that I stayed at. The price is slightly high for a hostel, but it's not high enough that I felt like it was unreasonable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent; there's attractions and transportation within easy walking distance. I really like the design of the beds. Each bed has it's own curtain, and inside the bed area is a lockable storage space, a shelf, and an outlet. The curtain provides a level of privacy that makes it feel less like you're sleeping at a hostel, and it also blocks out light caused by people coming and going. Next time I'm in the market for a hostel in Singapore, this will more than likely be my choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Aaron G
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Aaron,

It is indeed a great privilege to receive such high praise and we are very happy to know you enjoyed your experience at our hostel. We appreciate your compliments on our cabins and it's sleep quality, location and service.

Thank you for choosing Adler Hostel and we certainly hope that our paths may cross again in the near future.

Adler Poh

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here in early April 2013. Arriving late at night, the directions and entry instructions were easy to follow. The bed was comfortable, and I appreciated the universal power points! Breakfast was good, and the location was great - just a few minutes' walk to Chinatown MRT station. The staff were extremely helpful about providing ideas and advice during my time there. A good base for a few days in Singapore.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Melburnian,

Greetings from Adler Hostel! Sorry for the delay in this reply. Thank you taking time off to share your experience with everyone on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the compliments on the location, breakfast and service!

We look forward to welcoming you and any of your friends back to your base on South Bridge Road in Singapore.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

There are more and more poshtels opening in the world and Singapore's first and only poshtel is Adler Hostel, very quaint property, a little bit serious and sombre as you enter but once you are inside, its really warm and cozy. The staffs are absolutely amazing, very very friendly, helpful.

The rooms are very clean and the beds with the curtain was a great idea (i was fearly of a 16-bed dorm but seriously its actually fine.) with 4 toilets to supply 16 people. There is never a need to wait. hairdryers and full length mirrors to pamper the girls!

Breakfast was good too with cake and a number of bread, you practically forget that you were in a hostel.

I saw this in huffington post and wow this is really nice place to be in!

• Stayed: August 2013
10  Thank am_layla
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Layla,