Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews chinatown mrt dorm room no lift air con bus stop location is excellent min walk early check privacy pod
Selected filters
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my first time in Singapore on a stopover heading home. It is also the first hostel i've stayed in for over 12 years....

Being completely clueless about Singapore, I learnt about upmarket hostels & boutique hotels. I liked the appeal in the photo's i had seen, & great reviews on TA. I began with some initial emails regarding accommodation & bookings, Adler staff consistently replied in an efficient, informative & prompt manner. My itinerary changed 4 times before i could make a confirmed booking, i can't thank them enough for their patience & open communication.

It's been often repeated already about their variety of breakfast, tea, coffee & beer. Yes i agree. True the beds are very comfortable & private without feeling stuffy. They are however slightly shorter than i expected. Yes it is easy to get to from Chinatown MRT.

So what does that leave me? A place that felt welcoming & homely from the moment i walked in. I appreciate after checking in being shown the after hours procedures, hostel facilities & bed. I was very pleased to see the photo's on the website are a true representation of the furniture/facilities of the hostel, & not photo-shopped as other businesses have done. The dorm room was very quiet no traffic noise even though on a main street. And there was no body odour, sports shoe or other smells you usually encounter when staying in a hostel.

Both staff & most guests were willing to talk with you, whether about local information, travel experiences, transport options, the diversity & willingness from people really gave it a great atmosphere. Although i did struggle to remember everyone's name, even though they knew mine....

With all positives come negatives Adler is no exception. Except that the negatives were not the fault of Adler Hostel or it's staff.

My bed was located very near to the dormitory entry door. On my 2nd night i was woken many times by 3 drunk men. They were very loud in the communal area downstairs, then decided to have their conversation in the hallway & outside the door. Earlier in the evening they had a hostile attitude on the phone when trying to order a pizza delivery. These men were also the least willing to associate with other guests at Adler. I think as long term residents they have become complacent & over settled, showing little regard for courtesy to other guests. Their actions really brought down the atmosphere & feeling of the hostel.

There is a female only bathroom located across from my bed. Which may be convenient if you are a woman, & sleeping at the other end of the dorm. I did not appreciate being woken by the sound of a drunk woman vomiting during the night.

Although a high security residence, more often than not the dorm room door was left either unlocked, or locked but wedged open. I would reset it & shortly after it would be changed again.

Even though a busy street & nearby taxi rank, i noticed on many occasions taxi drivers being very selective about who they stopped for & where they would take them.... this included a recent reviewer MartyDGM.

There is a high rotation of staff working at Adler Hostel, so i got to know some more than others in my brief stay. A big thankyou to D.J. for his relentless manner in my many varied emails we exchanged, To San San, J.T., Xinying, & Kay for being such wonderful accommodating hosts, Mr Adler himself for a great hostel with great staff, & to the guests i got to know either briefly or indepth - thankyou for making it a great experience :-)

Room tip: If possible a lower bunk at the far end away from the door.
2  Thank RovingRiffy
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your kind words on your 'Adler' experience. We are glad to hear that we have lived up to your expectations as "Singapore’s First Luxury Hostel". It was a pleasure hosting you, we are glad you've enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding the incident on your second night, we sincerely apologize as it was a one-off event and we do hope that you'll accept our apology. We are always on the lookout for areas of improvement and appreciate your feedback on our security door lock, point taken.

We will pass on your compliments to our staff. Once again, thank you for choosing Adler Hostel and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This summer, I was lucky enough to stumble upon this gem in the heart of Singapore’s Chinatown. Initially, my stay at Adler Hostel was meant to be a temporary affair—nothing more than a bed to sleep in for a few nights before I found an apartment for the rest of my month-long research trip—but it quickly became much more than that, even after I moved out.

Right off the bat, I was impressed by how much attention to detail was put into the resident’s experience: the cleanliness and comfort (absolutely impeccable!), the privacy, the prime location, personal safe, the wholesome breakfast options, …the list goes on. And after a day’s worth of travel, damn that bed felt like a cloud! In short, Adler takes all the things you could wish for in a hostel and does it the best by a long shot—right down the gourmet coffee and tea they serve all day. Truly a luxury hostel, no exaggeration.

While I could rave on and on about the accommodations alone, the fact is that those details are only a fraction of the whole. The people of Adler Hostel—staff and residents alike—are what complete the whole, making it truly the best hostel on the planet.

- First, the residents: Adler attracts and actively encourages the intermingling of people from all around the world—businessmen, students, foodies, travelers who call the world their home, and lucky people like me who have had the honor of being inspired by their stories.
- The staff: I cannot even begin to describe the genuine passion and dedication that Adler and the crew bring to each individual’s experience. They go out of their way to make you feel at home and to get to know you as a friend. Thank you for your bright smiles and general assistance with anything and everything, even after I was no longer officially a resident.

As a solo traveler in a foreign country, it’s easy to lose a sense of personal experience. I found one that I will treasure forever at Adler Hostel. I am so humbled and fortunate to have been welcomed into the open arms of their extended family.

In summary: Adler is the bomb-diggity.

3  Thank joyceh2524
Adler_Poh, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Joyce,

Many thanks for your heartfelt review. It has been our pleasure hosting your stay in Singapore.

My staff and I can't help but feel extremely touched by your kind review. Your detailed review has given credit to our brand excellence of providing the very best product and service possible to all our residents, with our sincere style of hospitality. Building the Adler brand hasn't been easy and your review has most definitely given us the recognition we need to move on through many years ahead. We will work harder to refining our service and product and hope to "wow" many more residents that pass through the doors of Adler.

We look forward to welcome you soon and wish you the very best on your onward journey to Beijing. Take care and loads of love from the Adler family!

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Yep, meet the first luxury hostel in Singapore. Located in the heart of the city, this hostel is very very accessible and is 3-4minutes from Chinatown MRT which links you to everywhere! the hostel is always clean and tidy and quiet! The cabins with the curtains are perfecto! give you a very private feel without having to splurge a lot for a hotel room in singapore which is CRAZILY expensive. To add on, the hostel gives free towels, earplugs, water on arrival and there is also free gourmet coffee(really good coffee btw) and tea selections in the lounge with fresh fruits. Breakfast is actually some simple local spread which can fill your stomach and save you some breakfast money!

1  Thank Jacquelinetottewitz
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Jacq,

Thank you for the great words on your 'Adler' experience. We are so glad to hear that we had lived up to your expectations as "Singapore’s First Luxury Hostel". It was great pleasure having you with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Adler Hostel. Be sure to spread the word around to your family, friends and colleagues!

We will pass on the compliments to our staff and once again thank you for choosing Adler Hostel and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel soon.

Adler

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I ve been in this osthel for a month and i LOVE it. People are really good, you can meet a lot of interesting girls and guys, businessman, students or travelers. The hostel is not very big, so it sounds like a "big family";it is located in Chinatown, very close to MRT and in front of the Bus stop, so the position is really good. You can reach Riverwalk, Clarke Quay and Bot Quay walking 5 -10 mins. The rooms are really clean and quite, the beds are really nice , clean and also quite big; there is ac (Sg is really hot-warm) in all the rooms. A special characteristic of Adler hostel is that you have the bathroom in your dormitory, so you don't need to pass common areas to have a shower or everything. Breakfast is included and is very good, you have also all day complimentary tea and coffee.
In Adler Hostel everything is perfect, everything you need is close to you and people are really good. Whoever you are, in Adler Hostel you're welcomed.
I miss Adler Hostel and my "little big family" in SG.

3  Thank MartyDGM
Adler_Poh, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Ciao Bella Martina,

Thank you for taking time out to write us a review.

We are glad to be your hostel of choice whilst settling into Singapore for your internship and that you've enjoyed our brand of hospitality.

Enjoyed every moment with you being around the hostel, your energy is contagious and you will definitely be missed. Look forward to meeting up with you soon!

All the best to your internship!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Perfectly located just opposite Chinatown, Adler hostel doesn't disappoint. I was mainly looking for somewhere quiet so I could catch up on some sleep following a 16hr flight from the UK and Adler fit the bill perfectly. Comfy beds (privacy curtain really handy) and a clean bathroom - all you need for a short stop over in Singapore. Ideal place for those looking to catch up on some sleep or wanting a convenient stay in the heart of Singapore.

1  Thank EmmaG230
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Emma,

Thank you for a very complimentary note of your visit and we wish you could have stayed longer with us! We’re so glad that you enjoyed the facilities at our hostel and the location has brought much convenience to you!

We look forward to welcoming you back to your residence on South Bridge Road on your return visit to Singapore.

Yours Sincerely