“absolutely brilliant concept”

Adler Luxury Hostel
london
“absolutely brilliant concept”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Enjoyed every moment of my time at the hostel. really liked the concept and am looking forward to my next visit to singapore with adler hostel.

thanks to the wonderful crew at adler hostel, keep up the good work.

best,
alexia

Room Tip: enjoyed my stay at the female only ivory room. top bunks are extremely private in my perspective.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank alexia n
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Alexia,

Firstly, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hostel and we are glad to hear that we had lived up to your expectations as "Singapore’s First Luxury Hostel".

Secondly, we enjoyed having you in our hostel and thank you so much for sharing with us all the chocolates and gourmet teas you brought from London.

Once again thank you again for your kind review! My crew and I sincerely appreciate it. All of us look forward to your return very soon.

Adler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I Mary Ann Lutero from the Philippines. We stayed in Singapore for a week and staying in Adler was an additional awesome experience. We slept in The Vault and due to their comfortable beds and pillows, we didn't realize it's morning already whenever we have to wake up. That's why we're always late in our itinerary. Hehehe. When it comes to the bathroom near The Vault room, we hope and recommend that Adler will put some barrier or glass pane for the shower to avoid getting the cabinets and the door wet. The staffs are very helpful, friendly, kind and welcoming. They will always assist you whenever you have questions and if you have anything you need. We also enjoyed the breakfast very much. However, some of our companions do not prefer some of the spicy cuisines prepared but still we go out with our stomachs full. :D In addition, you can freely take some fruits with you to bring in your journey as a snack. Awesome!! Aside from this, you can also mingle with other foreigners that can become your new friends. The place is VERY accessible to any places you want to go because it is very close to the MRT station and the bus stop is just right at the Adler's door. It is also close to food establishments, convenient stores and the like. If we ever come back to Singapore, we will definitely definitely stay in Adler again. We will also recommend this to our friends and families. So come and stay in Adler! :D

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Mary Anne L
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Mary Ann,

Thank you for spending the time to write a perfect review for us here and it was really our pleasure to have you with us during your stay in Singapore. All of you were ones of the most AWESOME people we had in our hostel and we are proud to welcome you to our league of Adler Residents. We are extremely glad that our location have brought much convenience to you.

We will pass on the compliments to our staff and once again thank you for choosing Adler Hostel and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hostel soon.

Regards,
Adler Hostel
Melbourne
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am not usually much of a hostel person, but thought I would give Adler Hostel a go, given I only needed to stay 2 nights and will really only be in the hostel purely to sleep. I was pleasantly surprised. Although the rooms sleep 16, and sounds crowded, it is in fact far from that. Each room has 2 rows of double decker beds, laid out in a train sleeper cabin style configuration. So basically each bed has a side space for luggage (fit my 70L backpack comfortably) + has a separate secure locker within to lock up your valuables. Each bed also comes with a curtain that you can pull across (hence you have your own little pod and have some sort of privacy). Also equipped with reading lights and adapter power points. Great value and highly recommended if all you are after is a comfortable bed to sleep in. A/C is on the room 24 hrs - nice and cool. Hostel is located within a walking distance of Chinatown MRT. Raffles Place MRT is a little further but also within walking distance, as is the bar/restaurant area of Clarke Quay. Chinatown hawker centres, restaurants, and the Maxwell Food Centre (home to the famous Tian Tian chicken rice) are just a stone's throw away. The Singapore Hop On Hop off Tour bus also has a bus stop right outside the hostel.

Room Tip: If you are a female, I would recommend the female only dorm. One convenience is that the female bat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank DC54321
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear DC54321,

Thank you for the great words on your 'Adler' experience.. We are glad to hear that we had lived up to your expectations as "Singapore’s First Luxury Hostel". We are delighted to hear that our location have brought much convenience to you. Be sure to spread the word around to your family, friends and colleagues!

Thanks for choosing Adler Hostel as your preferred place to stay and we look forward to see you again.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I never intentionally wanted to sleep in a dorm and I only stayed in 5 star hotels when traveling to Singapore in the past - until I spotted all the excellent reviews for Adler hostel and thought it is time for a try. I enjoyed the hole stay! The concept is cool, the location in the buzzling heart of Chinatown perfect (4 min walk to the metro station), nevertheless quiet once you enter the door.

The 16-bed female dorm turned out to be quite an experience; curtains provided privacy, lockers were large enough for small backpacks and valuables and you could switch on a light in your cabin. The dorm was fully booked on Saturday night and there was a coming and going which was a bit disturbing for me as I am a light sleeper, but the other 2 nights were completely calm.

Adler and his team were super friendly and helpful. They booked appointments for me and liked a chat, all in all I had the feeling that they really cared. I arrived with an early flight and already showed up around 8.30. They offered me a shower in the dorm although I was only able to check-in in the afternoon - what a treat after the long flight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jboe12
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Jennifer,

It was actually our pleasure to have you staying with us. We would like to sincerely thank you for the excellent reviews here and on booking.com

It is encouraging to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed the "Adler Experience" and we are pleased to welcome you to the league of “Adler Residents”.

Once again thank you for your compliments for our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back if your travels ever brings you back to Singapore!

colombo, sri lanka
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed for close upon two weeks. The dorms are spotlessly clean and the other guests considerate. Adler and his colleague DJ were totally hospitable. They took pains to show me where I could eat lunch and dinner (Adler serves a decent local breakfast); and advised me on S'pore generally. Back in six months for sure!!!

A few tips: avoid the generic food outlets, Adler/DJ will direct you to a food court not 3 minutes away. Its got all types of local food, affordable clean and delicious.

Room Tip: Select a bed furthest away from the dorm room doors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank fidelthebarman
Dear Fidel,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hostel. We are glad to hear that we had lived up to your expectations as "Singapore’s First Luxury Hostel". Be sure to spread the word around to your family, friends and colleagues!

Once again thank you again for your kind review! My team and I sincerely appreciate it. All of us look forward to your return very soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed in Adler hostel for the whole 4 day visit to Singapore and if Singapore wasn't lovely enough as it was this hostel and its staff made me even more sad to leave!
Located less than a 5 minute walk from Chinatown station it's smack bang in the middle of all transport and the colours and bustle of Chinatown. The dorms are spotless, good sizes and totally secure. You get a pod in effect to yourself! The bed is larger than a single, there is a wide shelf along its side and a huge locker with key which easily fits a 65kg backpack, as well as 3 power sockets a light and just to put icing on the cake a gorgeous thick gold curtain which pulls across for total privacy. The aircon is amazing and there are really good showers on each floor.
The staff are so helpful and the owner Adler is an absolute legend who has travelled a lot and has used his experience of hostels to inspire the most comfortable accommodation at great value. He truly cares about his customers' comfort and even took me to the local food court to advise me on what food to try for the best Singaporean experience and told me all about the history of the place, there's really nothing these guys won't do to make you comfortable. If I could I'd nick the idea and set up in Europe straight away, he has got it so right!
Rhiannon UK

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank RhiannonBCS
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hey Rhiannon!

Was a pleasant experience having you staying with us.

It is encouraging to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed the "Adler Experience". Be sure to spread the word around to your family, friends and colleagues!

We look forward to welcoming you back if your travels ever brings you back to Singapore!

Adler Poh
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is much more good of all Singapore's hostel!!!
You should stay if you go to Chinatown!!
And they are pretty kind. So don't worry all of things!!
My recommend hostel!!!!!
There is near the many place. for example, convenient store, shopping centre, many cuisine restaurant........
So It has very good place.
If you are thinking that stay somewhere,you should choose it!!
Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2013
adlerhostel, Owner at Adler Luxury Hostel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Kohei,

It was actually our absolute pleasure having you around the hostel! We appreciate that you have taken time to write us an perfect review here on TripAdvisor as your review is a testament to affirm the efforts and hard work of our team.

Your English have definitely improved leaps and bounds during your stay here and we hope to welcome you back to Adler Hostel again!