“Delicious American cuisine”
Review of Smokey's BBQ - CLOSED

Smokey's BBQ
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The original Smokey's BBQ brand took several years to create. We paid careful attention to quality and the authentic flavors of true American BBQ, from making our own BBQ sauce, dressings, rubs, sides, and seasonings, to designing and building the our custom smokers. We prepare, smoke and slow roast the smoked selections using our secret blend of seasoning and wood chips, making the flavors unique to Smokey's . Using traditional American methods to smoke and roast the meats at very low temperatures, the cooking process can take several hours (20+ hours in some cases!) Leaving the meat tender and bursting with flavor. With the freshest US beef, air chilled, never frozen, we also make some of the best classic American burgers on the island, and our buffalo wings can't be beaten, with our house blended buffalo sauce and homemade blue cheese dressing for dipping. We also pride ourselves on one of the best selections of craft beers you'll find in Singapore, many of which we import ourselves directly from small US craft breweries.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I especially like their burgers and Buffalo Wings here. I keep going back for their burgers and wings alone.

However, I felt that specialties - smoked *insert meat* was somewhat, too smoky - but that's just my opinion. I would have preferred the smokiness to be more subtle. In addition, I felt that some of the dishes (i.e., the brisket, pull pork, and ribs) were a little too stringy or tough, which is strange for barbecue that's been slow cooked. If I didn't know better, short-cuts were being used (which would explain the overwhelming smoky flavors).

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Smokey's is a busy place; if you want a good table on the footpath (and you do, to watch the live passing by and people busying themselves in the old shophouses across the road) you should make a reservation. The ribs are very tasty with large portions. I always get the burger with blue cheese which is delicious. The staff are very accommodating about changing fries for extra salad and vice versa. They serve Archipelago beers and have a decent selection of wines. It's good comfort food, large portions and reasonable prices. A super combination.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Smokeys does your classic American comfort food very well. My wife had the baby back ribs and the regular portion was both large and very good value at $25. I had the "black and blue" burger with a blue cheese and caramelised onion dessing. I swapped the coleslaw for a green salad but then had to order an extra portion of french fries. Tasty simple food but well done. Our friends had the rib eye steaks which were cooked to perfection. So far so good but a lot of places do steak and ribs well.

What's really impressive about Smokey's is the wide list of wines (at reasonable prices) and the incredible selection of English cider (you probably guessed that from the title of my review). Not only do they have the staple Bulmer's, but also six types of Showering Brothers' cider from Somerset, which is top notch perry and cider. The ginger cider with 4% proof is a novelty but perfectly drinkable. The cider is served on ice so it is chilled nicely.

Dessert is limited in range, but what is there to argue with New Zealand Extra ice cream or a brownie? My latte was of a high standard (quite unusual in a casual dining place in Singapore, where bad coffee is the norm). The proprietor came around in his Harley davidson polo short to see if we were being taken care of. We were outside which was hot even at night but there was an awning and the road outside was very quiet.

My only gripe was the variable quality of the staff, which seems to be a common problem on the East Coast. Christine was excellent, but some of the others were very inattentive and not very good at taking orders, or basics like providing the menu.

Parking is a scarce nearby, and make sure you have parking coupons with you, even on a Sunday...

Reviewed March 25, 2013

After reading the reviews on TA I decided to try Smokey's. It is good BBQ for Singapore but it doesn't compare to what you can get in the USA. I only note this as some reviews have rated this place better than what you can get in Texas. There were 6 of us and we had ribs, steak and brisket and all were good but not outstanding. They do have a great beer selection and it is very good. Service was poor as I had to ask 3 times before I could get someone to bring me a beer. The waitress seem to be out of it. I wouldn’t rush back but if I had a craving for BBQ I would go back.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had the wings-excellent & he baby back ribs-satisified my craving, I would recommend both. The service was ok, it did seem a little under staffed for the amount of customers. A good selection of wine & a some refreshing draft beer.
I will definatly return to try a few other dishes on the menu that I had my eye on.