“Great restaurant, great service, but menu tires fast”
Review of Clan - CLOSED

Clan
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Clan is an excellent restaurant, in terms of food and service. I've been there enough times to try the entire menu -which isn't exactly an accomplishment given the limited options available. That said, the food never disappoints. I particularly enjoyed the beef main and the creme brulee. The wine list isn't too comprehensive, but the choices complemented the food well.

Perhaps the only gripe would be that as far as I can remember, the (limited) menu's never been changed, which means that you generally start eating the same stuff after 3-4 visits. Nevertheless, a nice place for a first date or to entertain some out-of-town guests.

1  Thank Ming H
There are newer reviews for Clan

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Particularly liked the spare rib, foei gras and chocolate dessert.

Staff was very attentive and ambience was unique.

Be prepared to spend around $100 per pax for dinner here - but it will be money well spent.

Great place for catching up with old friends over good food.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The place was nicely done up. The restaurant was quiet despite it being next to a road. The staff are very helpful and would be more than happy to share on which dishes we should try. I had the 6 course dinner menu. The food from the starter to the dessert was simply delicious. The portions were just nice and anyone would feel totally satisfied after the meal.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Both my wife and I went for our 19th wedding anniversary yesterday to the Clan restaurant at Bukit Pasoh, and we came away very happy with the meal and the service accorded.

As it was my wedding anniversary, I called Amex Concierge service to make a table reservations for two at the Clan, over the conversation, I mention to Amex Concierge lady that it was to be our 19th wedding anniversary, to which, she took her initiative and suggested having flowers sent to the restaurant during our dinner, which was a great idea.

On that night, my wife was working late and our dinner was moved to 8.30pm from 8.15pm, when we got to the restaurant, they were very busy and we were seated after 10 minutes, which was fine with me. Anyway, we were then seated at our table. The restaurant ambience is very nice and tastefully, the only thing being there seem to be too many nook and crannies, but that fine by me, again.

We ordered a bottle of french white wine, and opt-out of the set menu as both of us are rather small eaters, for our starters, we ordered, razor clam, which was delicious, and soft-shell crab, which was done just nicely, then came the soup - mushroom, which was just okay, nothing out of the ordinary.

For our main, we had Duck Confit, which my wife said that it was very nice and tasty, I had the prime cut beef, which is one of their best seller, and it is really good beef, and prime cut, even eating it blue, the prime cut beef tasted extremely wonderful, the prime cut beef is placed over a brown leaf and a hot stone, which means the beef is being simmered over the hot stone, so to your liking, you can cook the beef to suit your taste, I, for one, love eating middle raw, so this is prefect for me.

Then, the waiter came over with our anniversary slice of tiramsu (which was very good, I seldom eat cake, but this tiramsu is not too sweet for me), and we had our photos taken, with the help of the waiter, and we finish the dinner with the Chocolate Lava with ice cream, and it was one of the best chocolate lava that I had tasted, as I said, I rather eat dessert but this is simply wonderful, as the chocolate lava melt in your mouth.

For pricing, it is not too expensive and we will certainly return to taste the rest of the extensive menu and properly go for the set menu the next time, as it is really value for money.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wow! Just got back and of the 11 different things we ordered only one left us indifferent. The lobster pasta came very spicy (didn't mention chill on the menu) but no problem, staff attentive and had another one made without chilli straight away. Great 6 course menu and wine pairing concept with portions a perfect size to not leave you too full or wanting more.
Top marks - will be back