“Good, but not great”

Catalunya
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Catalunya is a contemporary Spanish restaurant situated at the iconic Fullerton Pavilion, floating in the heart of the Marina Bay district. Helmed by an international team of award-winning culinary experts from the likes of elBulli, Drolma, Sketch, and Santi,Catalunya‘s distinctive menu draws inspiration from authentic Spanish recipes, served with the finesse of Asian hospitality and Spanish charm. Designed by award-winning design firm AvroKo, Catalunya is seated in a unique glass-encased dome floating atop the waters of Marina Bay. We are open daily from 11am to 2am.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been curious about catalunya when it was being built. I was very excited to find out that it will be a Spanish restaurant helmed by a Michelin-star chef.

I hosted a business lunch there - it's location was probably targeted at the business crowd anyway.

For the prices charged, the ambience was not exclusive. the menu was not user-friendly for business lunches.

it was too hot to enjoy the view during lunch but I am guessing that this may be a better venue for an expensive evening out with friends.

2  Thank twinklemelody

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Catalunya is still slightly too new to be cool - popular for a few nights of the week but not special enough to be getting that word of mouth viral talkabout like others in the city. Recently they changed their reservation policy making it harder to get in. I'm happy to pay the higher prices, just don't think this place quite has it yet

2  Thank lakeroyd
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great view of Marina Bay Sands; pretty good food, although the cold temperature of the dining room combined the slowish service (a common problem to Singapore's restaurants these days, especially at the high-end ones for which this becomes more apparent) make the serving temperature less than ideal. Suckling pig and lobster rice are very well executed.

2  Thank Lam N
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We took one of the booths on a Saturday night. I am puzzled about the clientele here, since some have taken to time to dress well for dinner, whilst others seem to have rolled out of bed and into whatever was on the top of their laundry heap. The service is brisk, I understand because the restaurant aims for double usage but perfectly pleasant and helpful for all that. The food is fine, though some of the portions small and its a little pricey - partly you are paying for the location. All in all a reasonable spot for a special meal but other than the view, not overwhelmingly good - competent, rather than sublime. I think the booths are the best seating location because otherwise its a bit crowded, so book in advance.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We where there in a long weekend as we live in Bali.We been waiting to visit El Catalunya from the opening many people is talking about this new place. Just in the door Me & my girlfriend where greeting by the hostess and Suggested to have some cocktails as the Restaurant was fully book. Dario Show up behind the Bar and Start his performance by doing some of the Best Drinks we never enjoy it Before.His style wile preparing the cocktails is Must see it ... and the result is a Must try it !!! he had several cocktails before and after dinner because where so amazing.
Once we get our table we start with Dine, I'm from Spain and I'm in Hospitality business for several years, so we when for Tapas to try all we could. Although Restaurant was full Tapas Start coming in 5 minutes all well accompanied with an Spanish Rioja wine. All Tapas Transport us to Mediterranean,Galicia,Vasque country, catalunya etc ... is an Experience !!! Service is Professional & friendly ( young group of people working together for serve us ). Manager Mr.Pol come to our table and make sure everything was in right place. Sure they perhaps have some regular reviews if the restaurant is everyday as full as was with us I can't imagine how hard this guys work for get everyone satisfy !!! we where! and we came back next night to try Suckling Pig as a recommendation of Pol... Just as good as first night , and full too !!! My suggestion is make your reservation before you try !!! otherwise may you just will sit on the Bar and watch the others enjoy it !!! ( although cocktails are good as food ) Thumps up CATALUNYA !!!