“Uninspiring ambiance, ambiguous cuisine and apathetic staff”
Review of Bar B Q Tonight

Bar B Q Tonight
Ranked #2,858 of 11,593 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Situated on Robert Lane, off Serangoon Road, Bar B Q Tonight’s ambiance is as uninspiring as the general surrounds in that locale. It may be located in one of the smarter blocks in that area, but there no effort has been made to take advantage of that in any other aspect- the ambiance is that of a canteen, with equally befitting furniture and decor. The cuisine is mixed- typical Indian dishes, kebabs and barbequed chicken, fish and the like. As such, although billed as a barbeque venue, with an Indian flavor, the overall menu is ambiguous as to the real specialty of the place, and the staff is equally clueless. The lunch buffet was served in the most casual manner and most of the items served (except for the kebab perhaps) would perhaps be inedible to seasoned patrons. The staff are an apathetic lot (personified by the equally bored manager and a cashier seated on entry), most probably a reflection of the general management attitude. By local standards Bar B Q Tonight may be an attractive option (we ended up there by invitation), but definitely not worth a visit if you are looking for some class, with food to match- especially with the choices Singapore has to offer.

1  Thank Nafis A

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My family went recently and we had the platter. It was good! I like the lamb ribs and fish most. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Definitely one of the best Pakistani/Indian restaurant in Singapore. Best Value for Money definitely!!! (S$25 per person approx.). I love their Kebabs, Afghani Tikka, Malai Tikka and Khandaari Naan. Love their taste, reminds me of the parent chain in Pakistan. I have tried a lot of other restaurants in Singapore of the same genre but I can say this is the best amongst all.

Seating can be limited in peak hours so a reservation is always helpful.

They also serve all-you-can-eat-buffets, prices are reasonable and special the Sunday Brunch is very good deal with good assortment of dishes. I personally prefer orderign ala carte as me and my wife have a couple of favorites.

Service is not top notch, the waiters may skip you a couple of times, but it is because buffets are self service. When we go in groups, we usually ask them to serve the Naans fresh to our tables and they always oblige.

High Recommended!!!

1  Thank Talha K
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The restaurant has authentic Pakistani food, and the value is amazing! This is perhaps the best Pakistani/North Indian style BBQ place in the city and their buffet lunch and dinners are just outstanding. I went there almost a dozen times during my one year stay in Singapore and was never disappointed with the quality and authenticity of the food and service. Please note that the restaurant is extremely busy and making an advance reservation is highly recommended.

1  Thank faisalm88
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Kebabs (Kababs) have always been a draw for most people who like Indian or Mediterranean food, however Bar-b-q Tonight stands out as one of the best places to really enjoy kababs.. i'm a foodie and make Indian (or pakistani- almost the same thing) kababs at home, and my family does a pretty good job of it, so eating kababs outside usually has some or the other complains.. however bar-b-q tonight is one exception where i have eaten some of the best kababs in Singapore.
Strongly recommended: Sunday brunch (12 noon onwards) for their Nahari and Paya (for those who love it know how hard it is to get good nahari/paya).. the unique afghani bread goes well with the nahari/paya too!! :)
Also in the regular days dont miss the Chicken Seekh,& fish kabab... and also the malai chicken tikka
i've seem mixed feedback on the ribs, but i think the fact remains that this is one of those rare places in singapore where you will get mutton ribs/rack.
my mouth waters when i think of the Nahari & Paya at the Sunday brunch... its been a year since i've made so many trips to Bar b q tonight.. its also one of those places i like to take my friends/family to enjoy kababs outside of my home!! I do hope you enjoy it as much as i do!

1  Thank Farawayjfk