“Finest Japanese food in Ang Mo Kio”
Review of Marugoto Shokudou - CLOSED

Marugoto Shokudou
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Opened 2 weeks ago!
Description: Opened 2 weeks ago!
California
“Finest Japanese food in Ang Mo Kio”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I come here for my monthly fix of sashimi and wafu steak. Nearly always accompanied by momotaro salad of fresh tomatoes from Japan.
When they have yuzu sherbet, I can never resist. My husband loves their black sesame ice cream. Garlic rice, gyozas and special imports are always worth trying.

Visited November 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Not fine dining Japanese but pretty good anyhow...”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am a fan of authentic Japanese food prepared well. So I was reasonably pleased with the offerings at Marugoto Shokdou. They have a wide variety of choice and some great lunch bento for those like me who couldn't choose. Everything is pretty reasonably priced, especially the sets.

The sushi wasn't as fresh as I'd usually like (but I have had MUCH worse for more money elsewhere in Sg) and the tempura batter was a little thick and veggies not as bite sized as they ought to be. Rice was a little wet and the salad was a bit too heavy on boring old iceberg lettuce. Miso soup had nice flavour.

Upon entering the building I thought service was a little poorly as I wasn't acknowledged but then realised I'd come in the side door! A bit slow to get a menu and refills had to be requested but apart from that service was fine.

Overall I think it's quite good. The atmosphere is pleasant and has a moderately authentic feel but the music made me crave my ipod! It's got ample seating it seemed. All in all I was pleased with value, food taste and service.

• Visited January 2013