“A truly authentic "in Italy" experience!”
Review of in ITALY

in ITALY
Ranked #619 of 11,290 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casual, Fine Dining Offering outstanding value and quality, casual Italian cuisine, in ITALY is an expression of Chef Mario Caramella's own personality and culinary tastes. With full culinary and creative control, in ITALY is the realisation of a dream Chef Mario has quietly nurtured over an impressive 30-year career spanning Italy, Canada, UK, Hong Kong, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia and Singapore, where he was most recently Chef Patron at the award-winning Forlino Restaurant. Taking the cue from Chef Mario's warm charisma and welcoming nature, in ITALY combines an ambience of comfort and style designed by Chef Mario himself to inspire good times with great friends. A trio of communal tables placed at the heart of the restaurant, for example, beckons as an area to gather, mingle and share in the convivial spirit that defines great Italian dining.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The restaurant"s decor, it's food and it's people transports you back to beautiful Italy!

Chef Mario is a delightfully gracious host with his remarkable Italian hospitality.

Coupled with his young and vivacious Chef de Cuisine Felix.

In Italy's food Reminisces of the bold and full bodied traditional Italian homemade fare cooked with love.

The squid ink pasta was to die for, the texture of the squid ink pasta was just right. The squid ink smell was not overwhelming but was light to the palette. Fused with a aromatic creamy tomato base and a hint of light spiciness. Best squid ink pasta I had !!!! Chef Felix had convinced me to try the dish I had a bad experience in many Italian restaurants - squid ink pasta. Now I'm a convert!!!

We had a great time, great food and great hospitality!

Will definitely be back for more!

2  Thank Shanzzzy

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Finally - some decent Italian fare at reasonable prices in Singapore - food is not overly complicated - thank you Chef! Delicious salads, appetizers antipasto, pastas and sauce accompanied by decent wines made for an entertaining evening with good food and great friends. We shall return very soon - to sample other items on their menu. Ask for table at the rear of restaurant for a group dinner.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was brought to in Italy in April for my birthday celebrations and I have to say I was very impressed. Singapore is renowned for its culturally diverse cuisines and Italian restaurants are surprisingly good here. We went on a Monday evening and there was still a good atmosphere inside. There is seating outside if you want to tackle the Singaporean humidity! Starter and main courses were generous and the staff had a very good knowledge of the food and wine being served. I finished off with the cheese plate for desert, which was enough for two/three people. To top it all off they brought out a birthday desert and sang happy birthday to me! A great evening all round and I will be back in the near future.

1  Thank STripF
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My 6th visit to this restaurant. On a weekdays is relatively packed with customers.This visit I specially invited a good friend from overseas and was really happy to say that the dinner was as good as ever. Although is the 5th visit i never had once had a same appetizer or main apart from the beer bread; is just taste awesome. Overall the dining experience was up to expectation and will definitely have many more visit to come.

3  Thank CKZ1982
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our second visit to In Italy. The first time was great and we wanted to see if this was consistent. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in and took our table, it was obvious we were in for a memorable experience, yet again. Such a warm welcome from Chef Mario and the staff, who had remembered from our last visit. Remarkable.
Chef Mario recommended a bottle of Pino Grigo Zano which pefectly matched our food of Crudo di Pesci the special starter of Sashimi style Sea Bass, Tuna and Prawn (beautiful by the way!) followed by Sufato di Manzo (Beef Cheek) and Lobster Risotto... The food was not only beautifully presented but really exquisite. We were very well looked after throughout our meal including very generous glasses of a Strega like liquour...My partner and I were definitely very happy.
This was a fabulous second visit and we most definitely will be going back. PS Beware the bread basket, dangerous in its deliciousness!!

1  Thank elegantslklady