“Nice bunch place at the East side”
Review of Cafe Melba

Cafe Melba
Ranked #4,706 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Australian, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I went there a couple of weeks ago (Sun morning)

Totally loved its surrounding quiet n rare greenery in East Coast. The deco and people around carried me away from e busy city life.

Somehow agreed with others' comment on the foods.Great place but average level for foods.

Worth to try: Bread (freshly baked bread)
Dont try: Pan cakes
Oki for the following :Latte, full breakfast

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I have a dog so we do like to go to Cafe Melba because we can bring her and let her sit in the grass. The food has been excellent sometimes and very blah at others. The pizzas seem to be consistently good at least. Service is atrocious but if you're not in rush and don't mind having to repeat a million times or chase down waiters to get service, then it's a nice place to be outside and have a drink.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

It must have been my fourth or fifth time dining there and I have never been disappointed with its service nor its food. But sometimes, all good things must come to an end.

It was a Friday evening, and granted, I was a little late coming in for dinner. Having said that, I felt it was a little too early closing the kitchen for I was told only pizzas were available. Instead of leaving, I chose to still have dinner because the food, though a little pricey, was of excellent quality and have so far satisfied my appetite.

Service was prompt and I must commend the lady that presented me with the menu and took my order. The smoked chicken pizza with generous helpings of chicken slices and cranberry was delicious and it is a dish I would recommend to anyone needing a quick bite.

What irked me was when I requested to have the brownie I ordered for dessert warmed up. With the vanilla ice-cream recommends to go with it, it would have made for a 'piece of heaven'. The reply I got was that the microwave oven had been cleaned and turned off. Microwave oven??? Turned off???

Choosing to shrug it off, I made do with the hardest of brownies. Certainly, warming it up would have softened its texture and made it worth its price. The last straw came when I presented the bill. It was not so much when I was presented the bill buy how.

The wait staff merely stood bedside me and with hands outstretched, without so much as a word; handed the bill folder to me, expecting me to read his mind and know that it was the bill I was presented with.

I would still patronize Cafe Melba, but more for its good than its inconsistent service.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Went with a friend as it was a good half way meeting point in SGP from the east coast, and it is a lovely open environment enough fans sat outside so you don't get hot. The main and starters are OK, Pizza is particularly good but when it came to desert really a disappointment. there were only 3 options and all looked well not so nice, all purchased and not home made. The blueberry cupcakes or whatever they were supposed to be were small etc etc. in the end we decided to decamp for desert somewhere else not ideal at all.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went to Cafe Melba last night with my wife and another couple , The food was terrible and service was worse . The Hamburger was cold along with the bacon strips , The Lasagna was sweet and the Potato wedges were fat and cold . The Service had two shining examples
1. We ordered pizza bread as a starter , they brought us a used pizza bread ( half eaten ) by another guest . They also brought the pizza bread after we started the main course . We sent it back and they finally charged us for the pizza bread . Amazing
2 . We order a bottle of Wine . We ended up getting the bottle of wine after the main course was served . Strange

Bad Experience