“Cheerful Friendly Place For a Weary Traveler”

Capri by Fraser Changi City
Ranked #42 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Fort Myers, Florida
“Cheerful Friendly Place For a Weary Traveler”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I spent one night here because of a 24 hour stop-over in Singapore. The staff was exceptionally kind to allow me a VERY early check in because the room was available. The concierge was helpful with directions and the early free shuttle back to the airport the next day was a nice bonus. Very close to airport, great location for an early morning flight out.
Close to MRT and a mall.
Room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.
Did not use restaurant so cannot provide review.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear SueF_US,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. My team and I are pleased to learn you had a pleasant and comfortable stay, and that we were able to allow you an early check in. We look forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

this is brill...capri by fraser... staff could not be more helpful...rooms ACE!! shuttle good just goes from terminal 2 ...so if bagsgo to 3 get skytrain (free) back to 2 and go to bus/coach park look for the capri purple minibus with capri wrote on it...free to hotel and back... all good food brill' and breakie free too!!

Room Tip: remeber to goo to terminal 2 for the shuttle....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear morrismaggie2,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to exceed guests' expectations, and comments like yours are very encouraging for us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

ENGLAND. UK
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great location for a short stop over at Singapore airport. Very good facilities (except restaurant). Very friendly staff and extremely useful and extensive facilities for after check-out, where you can use the baggage storage, shower and changing as well as 'FREE airport shuttle'.
Also very close to trains station for city. Has pretty good shopping mall and restaurant and bars nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RAYREHMAT,

Thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our service, facilities and location. We look forward to your next visit.

Paris, France
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I landed to Capri by Fraser in late April 2013 as the booking for my first choice was unavailable for a short stay between two flights. The hotel is all new, the rooms spacious and very clean, and everything well lit and perfectly functional. The check-in took a tiny bit of time due to late arrival but was friendly and there was no hassle once the front-desk clerk showed up. An extra bed was duly brought (also a tad late), very comfortable and complete. 24h room service worked quite fast and while the choice for vegetarians is not large, the quality was very good and I am sure there is more than enough for the omnivores among us. The sleep comfort is perfect and blinds help for a good sleep quality as well. Taxi was called on time to catch the next flight. On the downside, the breakfast was only convenient (fruit and coffee in my case) and special demands (vegetarian with celiac disease = gluten-free) were shrugged off, perhaps due to a lack of understanding. There is more choice for those who eat more or less everything. Something warm and Asian was definitely missing though! However, I definitely want to recommend this hotel for a short stay to catch up on sleep, shower and bathe very comfortably. It's worth it and the extra space allows for putting down all the luggage and putting them back together again. Thanks for a pleasant stay overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Suzanna C, Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Ann Marie S

We are glad that you have had a comfortable and pleasant stay overall. We have noted of your dietery preference and do give us advance notice as we will be happy to arrange something special for you during your next visit.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and will include something warm and Asian during some days on our breakfast spread.

Thank you for recommending the hotel and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Now, I totally confuse that I should stay here 2 more days or change a hotel.

Today, I arrived at this hotel and did all check-in process at 1: 54pm.
After that, I request for my room key but female receptionist said that I should wait for 2:00pm because the check –in will be available from 2: 00pm.
Anyway I agree her because rule is a rule. After few minute later, I asked for the key again.
She answered , “ Don`t you have a room key ?” unbelievablely.. So I remind her that she said me wait for a minute. She searched something and said back to me “Wait more to prepare the room , but just few minutes. I couldn`t understand her comment but I decided to wait because she said that “ just few minutes” .

Now, It`s the time 2: 26pm. I can`t see her in the reception. So I ask other person who stand for long time in reception wearing a black tee.
When I ask for my room key , he easily assign a different room and give the key.
So I ask him “why your female staff make me wait and where is she? “.. he say .. “ Busy “ I can`t believe my ear..
I ask him “Are you a manager?”.. he say “ No, do you want to call a manager?” So I ask for calling a manager. He looks like phone call to somebody and says back.. “The manager is busy..”

WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are so many busy person in this hotel, right?
I totally understand that the person who lives in modern society are busy INCLUDING ME!!

I`d like to ask a question, officially to CAPRI by FRASER HOTEL.
Why are your employees so busy? What do you think about the answer?

I guess, THE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, isn`t it?
If not, please let me know.I really want to say “sorry” for my inaccurate expectation to your two employees in the reception.

If yes, please contact me. I`d like to let you know two employees` name and give you to chance rebuild your hotel`s reputation what you are desire to make.

I hope to hear your sincere opinion.
Best regares
The customer in your hotel Today ( 05May) , Room# 506.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Clara_Seoul,

Thank you for writing us this detailed review.

We have tried to catch hold of you this morning, 7 May 2013 but were told that you have checked out. Despite the untimeliness, we would like to extend our deepest apologies for the unpleasant experience during your stay.

We have investigated the issue and the reason to your delayed check-in was due to an unprecedented technical glitch in the system. As a result, our Guest Relation Executives appear a little disoriented in their tasks and your room was also not ready to be handed over in time.
However, this is definitely not an excuse for the shortfall in the service standard.

The relevant staff that you have mentioned will undergo another round of customer service training to fortify their knowledge especially in the area of critical thinking. At Capri by Fraser, our mantra is to go-the-extra-mile in providing every guest a delightful and memorable stay. As such, this is certainly not our usual service standard.

We truly appreciate your time taken to write us this review and allowing us the opportunity to right things. It is unfortunate that we are unable to meet up with you before you leave. We have also noticed that you did not claim the dining credit that we have offered for the inconvenience caused. As such, we have written to your personal email to make arrangements.

Finally we look forward to your return at Capri by Fraser.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This service apartment is in the eastern part of SG and would work best for business travellers to the Changi Business Park and Singapore Expo.

The Studio Premier I stayed in is very well layout, providing ample space segregating the kitchenette, bath, living and sleeping area. The hotel is besides a shopping mall with supermarket and plenty of eateries.

Overall I would recommend this functional property, though I think more training can be provided to further improve the customer service at main lobby and front-desk. They are not rude, but they are not warm and friendly either. It seems to be more an issue of lack in training to wow customers. It was also quite strange that a roll of toilet paper that had barely 1/4 remaining was on the holder on my first day stay. Not too sure if that's an environment-friendly initiative, but that might create an impression is leftover from the previous guest.

What I like: Well-layout studio room, bathroom amenities were replenished daily, clean room, fast & free in-room WiFi, complimentary parking for guests

What I don't like: Service staffs can be better, the property has a very strong perfume scent

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rara K

Thank you for taking the time for this review.

It was great to know that you would recommend this functional property.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue to emphasize the training on customer service of our lobby and front desk staff to meet and exceed guest's expectations.

The hotel is supportive of environmental friendly initiative which may have lead to the impression that the bathroom amenity was incomplete.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming back!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We came in Singapore to attend a conference. This hotel was our destination since it is just walking distance from the Singapore expo. At first I thought it was very far off from the common attractions. However, when we got here, I saw that it is surrounded by several shops, restaurants, and is close to the MRT station, which makes it convenient to travel to the rest of Singapore.

Apart from this, the rooms are spacious, sheets are clean and comfortable, and each room has the necessary must-haves of a traveller. Buffet breakfast is good. For health buffs out there, it has a small gym and a pool

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Vennis Angelo V,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. My team and I are glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast and facilities, and we certainly look forward to your next visit.