“Well Done!!”

Ranked #41 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Well Done!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

i would like to thank the staff of this particular hotel for a very memorable stay. i believe i will never get the same warmth and welcome from any other place other then here. Firstly, check in was a breeze. A staff by the name of Mr Farez even brought me and my partner up to our room, to ensure we were happy with the room. He even told me to look for him should i require any help. The room was wonderful. It was beautiful. Even though there's work going on right beside the hotel,once we close the window, not even a sound could be heard from inside. it was very peaceful. half an hour or so later, i received a call from the reception asking if i was already settled down as he wanna show us around the premises. We LOVE the POOL!! the treadmill in the pool was something we just had to get our feet on. Laundry was never fun. until the day i stayed over the hotel. While waiting, there's X-BOX or IPAD to be played with. it was so cool. After laundry, we got hungry and Mr Farez actually brought us around to the shopping center beside the hotel.
The next day,came our check out time,it was also a breeze as we still saw Mr Farez at the counter. He gave us the complimentary ticket for parking.
Overall, it was a great experience that all should go and try. I never felt that i was at my own country. It seems like i was on holiday overseas!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Amin V,
Thank you very much for your compliments. It gives us immense pleasure to hear that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay with us. Thank you also for your compliments on Mr Farez. We have shared your comments with him and he is delighted. Such positive feedback makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Found a good hotel that' suitable for our budget in Singapore is not easy. Choose this hotel for its review by Tripadvisor and the value. All amenities given a high standard of the room. The location was sort out of excellent in business District. but it was considerably noisy, we would recommend the hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on higher floor to hide out from the noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear LovelyMummy88,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms, amenities, location and price. It is great to hear that you would recommend our hotel to others. We hope to welcome you back to Capri by Fraser soon.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Capri is less than a year old and still having a few teething problems. Some of the ameneties were not replenished and newspapers didn't arrive every day. Having said that, the staff were more than helpful with any requests I had and were quick to respond with room service etc. The in-room menu I had was limited but I was told there was another menu. The food I tried was very good and reasonably priced.

The rooms are very good with mini kitchens, nespresso machines, wi-fi and ipod/iphone docking. There is a drop down divider between the living and sleeping and a two-way bathroom with a large shower. Water pressure was OK, not great. Laundry available on each floor.

The location at the Changi Business Park is good for airport access and there is an hourly shuttle bus, but if you want to go into town it's a bit of a hike, about 30 minutes (S$18) by taxi, so It really depends on where you are doing business. I wouldn't recommend it for a tourist.

Room Tip: There is a lot of construction going on in the local area so it may be worth asking for a high floor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear PCinHK,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay in Singapore.

Our sincere apologies for the poor replenishment of amenities and the delivery of newspapers that irked your otherwise great stay with us. Your feedback is most important to us as we strive to improve our service excellence.

Warm regards
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ok, it all started when I booked this hotel online via a booking agent 2 days before we arrived. At the same time I sent an email to the hotel requesting the airport shuttle. Once the booking went through I had expected to receive confirmation regarding the airport shuttle - the hotel is only 5 min for the airport so didn't expect any dramas, it was important as we arrived very late at night and didn't want to be waiting around.

Leading up to our arrival in to Singapore I still hadn't received a reply from my email regarding the airport shuttle. As I provided my flight information and arrival times I had expected a bus/ shuttle to be waiting for us. On arrival I questioned at a hotel booking desk, the lady very kindly pointed us in the direction of the coach park and phoned the hotel to confirm we had arrived and the time the next bus was due to arrive.

After 30 min wait the bus still hadn't arrived so I went back to the lady in the airport and got her to call the Capri again, they advised it will be with us any minute. True to their word, it arrived shortly after but didn't stop to pick us or anyone else up and drove straight past me waving frantically - annoyed wasn't the word as I chased the bus our of the terminal.

After a heated conversation with the hotel I was told I needed to wait for the next bus, another 30 mins. Finally it arrived and delivered us safely to the hotel where we were hoping for our express check in and whisked away to our room - this didn't happen.

After waiting patiently to be served by the check in staff, I was calming told they had to record of my reservation, I had then had to email them my confirmation before they could set me up on their system and provide me the room - nightmare!! We had come through customs around 2 hours now and we still not in our room. Eventually the keys were provided and a 'mini' upgrade was received.

The next day I spoke with the manager advising her of our issues that we encountered during the early hours, and politely asked if we could have a late checkout, this wouldn't be possible, I was told.

Aside from all the issues we experienced the hotel is amazing including the facilities ie gym, swimming pool, we made the most of these before we checked out. Plus the young porter guys were extremely helpful and the bikes were worth hiring to see the surrounding area, although not too much to see. Nice bar and restaurants next to hotel and shopping centre.

To top it off when i got home i noticed they had charged me twice for my stay!! It was resolved reasonably quickly.

Unfortunately even though the hotel is superb don't think I would stay again, just out of principal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank YouMeAndTheWorld
Dear YouMeAndTheWorld,

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have encountered from the moment you arrived at the airport and the during the check-in process at the hotel.

I want to assure you that we have reviewed the airport shuttle services for T3 and have made the necessary adjustment to the procedures. As for your reservations, our system had a glitch and thus the no-reservation indication. However, this is not an excuse and once again, we have made the necessary rectification with the system vendor.

I sincerely hope that you would re-consider your staying options in Singapore and if necessary, please contact me directly for your next reservation.

I do hope to see you soon.

Many thanks and warm regards
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Beautifully maintained hotel. Extremely close to Changi (10 minute drive at most), located next to mall and restaurants - everything from native cuisine to Starbucks and Carl, Jr. The train is a two-minute walk and you can be in the heart of Singapore in twenty minutes.

Hotel service was fine with exception of some concierge service. When requesting assistance with airline confirmation was told to do it myself on the Internet.

Biggest shower I've seen in a very long time. Bed and linens first rate. Kitchenette very convenient. There is a very nice grocery right next door at the mall/restaurant area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear RobinW55,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience of Capri by Fraser. It is good to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.
I have taken note of your comments on our concierge service, and do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please be assured your
experience was certainly not reflective of our service.
We once again thank you for your valued feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Booking in for one night, hotel was new and good size bed room. With easy cooking Kitchen and very very nice bathroom.
Swim pool was nice and game room at every floor( wii, ps3, iPad..etc) with out door play area, kids love it!!
Next to MRT, next to mall, about 30 min MRT to city center, 10 min MRT to airport, but you don't need to, because hotel offer free bus to airport, from 5am-1am.
Under $200.00 SD is good value for night stay at Singapore.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Smart8,

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and facilities. My staff and I are delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Capri by Fraser soon.

Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My experience at this hotel was warm and welcoming from the very start when I made reservations. Our room was very clean and spacious. The beds were awesome with wonderful linens and incredible pillows. Complimentary breakfast was very good and presented nicely. A great stay in a wonderful country.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear mikaandro,

I sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise about your stay here. My staff and I are really
pleased to hear your comments on our service, rooms and breakfast. Such positive feedback makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back.