“I love it! very convenient”

Capri by Fraser Changi City
Ranked #43 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“I love it! very convenient”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was there for 6 days business trip (including weekends). I love it because it is so convenient.I was surprise to know that the Changi Point Mall is just next to the hotel. I can get groceries, having meal in the mall. You can get almost everything from the mall.

Although its far from city but still the Expo MRT station is just within walking distance.You can also take the MRT to Changi Airport for meal and sightseeing which I did on Sunday.It is only one station to the airport. It takes approximately 30 minutes to the city. there's a number of interchange to take before reaching the tourist attraction such as chinatown, marina bay, gardens by the bay & etc.

There's one thing that I don't like about the hotel is the sound coming from the window. Initially I didn't know where the sound coming from until I went and open the window and close it back. Only then I discovered that the "knocking" sound is actually coming from the other guest while closing the window. It wasn't so loud that will affect your sleep but you can still hear it.
The sauna and steam room was ok. There's locker in the steam & sauna room.get help from the hotel staff if you need to use the room.everything still look new. the pool and gym was ok too.

The hotel and room are always cold too. Although I have switch off the air-cond. I still feel cold. I think it could be due to the hotel is still new.

The room service was good too.They are very helpful.

You can even rent the bicycle from the hotel. This is a non-smoking hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Lil_Dec_25,

We are happy to hear that you have had a memorable experience with us.

We thank you for your kind review and apologize for the 'knocking' sound from the neighbouring room. We have adjusted all the rooms window locking system to ensure the noise is reduce to its minimal.

As for the aircon, our Premier Rooms have a dual aircon switch which is located at the entrance of the room and the other, at the bedside. Both thermostat switches can be adjusted according to your preference.

Looking forward to your return.

Warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 21, 2013

hotel charges me twice by accident but luckily got it settled during check out.lucky that i check my ibanking if not i would never know ! love the spin and play rooms whereby theres kinect to play but all the games we wanted to play were rented out..we stayed for 2d1n and we never got the chance to play any games at all.we played foosball in one of the spin and play room..theres also a small kitchenette in the room whereby we can cook inside too.convenient :)

overall an okay stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sherlynn,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the double payment and have reviewed our HM system to ensure this does not happen again.

We noted the unavailability of the Kinect games at our Spin & Play. Please note we have 4 levels of Kinect rooms available and sincerely apologize if the games you have requested is not made available. We have further purchased more games to be made available to our guests complimentary.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back soon.

Many thanks and warm regards
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Never a big fan of staying in residence hotels though the guests are able to cook in own meals. Capri Fraser has totally changed my views and I'm already looking forward to my next stay there! Was welcomed by an aromatic smell in the hotel lobby, I was there with my fiancé and we checked in to the Studio Superior room. We were actually secretly hoping that the hotel crews can free upgrade us to a room with bath tub but disappointingly no. We are all right, the Studio Superior room was already nice enough - I love the mini couch right in front the bed, the king sized bed, the dressing room, the shower stand, the cooking station and my favourite of all, is the docking music station. Fancy getting a brand of speaker worth $500+ to be put in the hotel rooms, I am already giving credit to the hotel management for the thoughtfulness. The complimentary wi-fi is accessible for 24 hours in the hotel room, connectivity wise is fine as well. At the end of our stay, my fiancé and I were raving about the room and we can't wait to be back again! The hotel is near to Singapore Expo (if the guests are lucky enough, they will be able to enter exhibitions or fairs held there!), a pathway linkage to the Changi City Point and there is a free shuttle bus with around 30 minutes interval to send guests to Changi Airport. The flaws of it all will be that, there is no free buffet breakfast spread and we are not entitled to any free newspaper, I mean for these 2 points, we are fine as we can easily have our breakfast at Changi City Point but it will definitely be good if these are included. Also, as the hotel location is far away from the town area, I would like to suggest that a free shuttle bus to be made available to send guests to respective town areas for easy access. That's about it from me, I will be back to Capri Fraser real soon!

• Stayed February 2013
Hi Mabbie_Chin,

Thank you so much for your review on your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and are also looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Your appreciation of the room and amenities provided means a lot to us.

Warmest regards,
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed for 8 nights on a recent business trip and was very impressed with almost every aspect of this hotel. It is very close to Changi airport, so really convenient after a long flight.

The hotel is on a major new business park development, so when I stayed it had only been open a few months. Every was in superb condition and the hotel is well designed with a range of modern amenities.

The rooms are not particularly large, but they are big enough and again very well equipped. Mine didn't have a bath, but had a huge double shower enclosure and nice, modern fittings.

There is a gym with a reasonable range of equipment and an outdoor pool with spa and plenty of seating. There is also a nice outside bar, although it wasn't open during my stay.

One slight drawback is the amount of construction going on around the hotel, although this is beyond the control of the hotel and therefore not a criticism, just an observation.

The staff were all very friendly and accommodating, particularly the concierge when organising taxis and transfers, etc.

A note to those who haven't visited Singapore or who aren't familiar with the geography - Changi is a 20 minute drive from the main city centre, so don't pick this hotel if you want to be right in town.

However, given that taxis are very cheap I would highly recommend this location as it is away from the noise and crowds of the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Paulrproctor,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We appreciate your comments and are pleased that you enjoyed the room, facilities and the service you received.

We apologise for the noise around the hotel coming from the construction of the second train station. We truly appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Once again, we thank you for choosing to stay at Capri by Fraser and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warmest regards,
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Stated one night in a stop over chose it cause it was close to the airport, an it is very nice and new, clean and service was great. Room very neat and tidy big bathroom and small kitchenette.. No aircraft noise at all unless outside at the pool. Good shopping centre next door plenty of food options there. Will defiantly be back .

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank James768
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear James768,

Thank you for your time in sharing your positive experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,
sydney
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed a night for a flight to sydney the next morning.no complain about the room as it was better than expected.kitchenette was an excellent idea!I was quite dissapointed with the quality of the breakfast esp the croissant and sausages.it doesnt look like one.and nobody like being completely ignored by the waitress.they are more keen in having a talk with each other..i was quite appalled at the selection at the deli.the pastries were dead pale,scones were being serve with no clotted cream and preserves.event the staff doesnt know whats on display.if i were to come back,its for the room.

Desbaillets

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Raymond_Howe, General Manager at Capri by Fraser Changi City, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Desbaillets,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and we sincerely apologise that our food outlets were not to your expectation as well as the service staff.

We are definitely working towards providing better service and amenities at our outlets.

Once again, many thanks for staying with us.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2013

the hotel is in a convenient location if you need to go to the airport a lot, they have an hourly shuttle that will take you there but on the way back it may take a while longer as it makes stops at the other terminals. the MRT station Expo is walking distance but it does take a while to get to Orchard and you need to change trains once.
The overwhelming smell of the lobby is a real pain. It's some sort of chemical scent that can cause headaches. I am sure the staff can potentially have serious health problems by having to submit to that smell all day long. I would walk thru the lobby very fast just to avoid smelling it. Often wondered if it was a strategy by mgmt to keep guests from hanging out at the lobby area too long. Aside from this not very minor issue, the room was comfortable, fairly quiet, found a dirty refrigerator when I arrived, will post pics later but otherwise on the whole it was a good stay. Staff was not particularly friendly on arrival but it improved. The spa was not that great but convenient to have in the hotel. Asked for a late check-out and no effort was made to accomodate my request. Asked if they had a toaster for the room (there is a kitchenette) and I felt like I had asked for a space shuttle or something... I have stayed at other serviced hotels in Singapore and mostly they do provide a toaster.. cutlery on the low side, they provide one pot and one pan, pot is definitely too small. if you use the sauna or steamer you need to give yourself enough time and switch them on at least 15min ahead of time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ANewYorker7
Dear ANewYorker7,

Our sincere apologies that your stay was not to your expectations. We have reduce the lobby scent by 15% and have briefed our staff of their approach, greetings and cleanliness to our every guests.

Your recommendation to have a toaster as part of the amenities have been taken into account and we now provide a toaster upon request. We thank you for this valuable suggestion.

Our steam & sauna incorporate a safety device system, whereby it works on a timer basis (guests can choose the minutes/hour spent in the rooms) and not a full-on switch.

Once again, we thank you for staying with us and the constructive feedbacks.