“Night versus Day at the Zoo”
Review of Night Safari

Ranked #47 of 829 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As dusk falls, get ready as over 1,000 nocturnal animals start their nightly rituals. Come up close to them as they frolic, graze and hunt. With an exciting tram ride that takes you through 7 geographical regions and more, embark on a fascinating journey through the world's very first wildlife night park.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Night Zoo gives you a very limited look into one of the most amazing zoos .. I would advise to save your money and go to this zoo during the day when you will have the opportunity of seeing many more animals. I must say that it was one of the best organized exercises in getting many people onto trams and thru this 30 minute ride. there are thousands of people on the weekend.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We found night safari an enjoyable way to spend our first night in Singapore. Took mrt to ang mo Ki station then bus 138. It was quite an effort taking this during rush hour. Tip is that we took the express bus back to city which runs later than public transport.

We found the fire show rather cheesy and gimicky so left early during show but the creature of the night show was quite cute. The tram ride was entertaining. You do get to see animals, but yes it is dark and some of then are asleep. I went in with low expectations and ended up enjoying myself.

Admission was quite dear compared to other attractions in Singapore but got some discount with Singapore airline boarding pass

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The zoo was never a place of visit in my travel list. In fact, I had never been to any until I came to the Singapore Night safari. My first time was memorable of course. At this safari, I was able to see all kinds of animals for the very first time! The safari offers visitors with tramp ride in which they sit and and relax while looking and observing wild animals moving in their most active time. I was a little scared because these animals were allowed to roam free. Nothing to worry because there is always a big hole/partition that separates the carnivorous animals from the visitors. It's pretty safe. There are some art galleries available here for those who wish to buy souvenirs. If you are hungry or thirsty, you can stop by at the Zebra cafe.

I was excited to visit the night safari. Unfortunately, some of the animals were too busy sleeping.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

As another reviewer has pointed out, the main Zoo closes at 6pm and the night safari starts at 7:30pm, so you are basically left to wander through boutiques and food stalls for 90 minutes. When you finally get into a tram, you are treated to somnolent animals (I thought they were supposed to be nocturnal), and the most exciting animal we saw was a tapir.

By all means go to the "day" zoo which is fantastic and which I have visited a half-dozen times over the years, but I my advice is to do something else with your evening.

1  Thank qppstudio
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is really interesting way to see the animals, cause you can actually drive really close to them (with this small car/train they have). You can see all the really rare animals, like Tapir and others. You don´t have to follow the other crew if you just go walking by yourself, even more excited!