Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Haw Par Villa

A very weird and interesting homage to Asian mythologies. I would also recommend a visit to Hell’s... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
alexandra_anthonsen
Gold Coast, Australia
via mobile
Formerly known as Tiger Balm Gardens

This is Singapore's largest outdoor art gallery around. The eclectic park has a mix of Asian... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
AdventureDiva
Manchester, Connecticut
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Singapore
from $101.29
from $16.05
from $19.23
from $16.55
More Info
All reviews tiger balm chinese mythology theme park mrt station pasir panjang worth a visit free admission walk around dioramas legend sculptures tales culture death terrapins
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2019 via mobile

We found this funny little park on atlas obscura as we quite like odd or unusual activities we thought it was worth checking out, since it’s next to a MTR station it’s easy to get to.

From the moment i saw the first statues and heard the nostalgic 1930s music wafting from the speakers, I loved it.

The statues are unlike anything I have ever seen! The ten courts of hell section was very educational I learnt things about reincarnation I didn’t know and the scenes depicted were great.

We took our time going around all the statues and reading the plaques, each one giving us something to talk about and we had so much fun taking photos.

The museum is a real gem, I had no idea the history of the park and the family it belonged to was as colourful as the statues. So intriguing!

This park was a highlight of our trip, and amazing that it’s free, we would easily have paid at least a little something for the experience. Unfortunately parks like this are a dying breed, but I hope the owners continue to keep it and more people get as much joy from it as we did.

1  Thank Natasha W
Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

A great day out. Parking is $5 per entry. Entry is free. A lot of things to see. There are some renovations going on. Enjoyed the depiction of the Chinese culture.
I assume Restoration is being done and. Continued to restore it to its former glory.
An interesting insight to the Haw Par story.

Reviewed June 20, 2019

A large free park to walk around and see different decorations for chinese stories. This is an old styled park which was a famous park in parents age. But I think is worth to see if you are interested in chinese stories

1  Thank Emily K
Reviewed June 20, 2019

i took some taiwanese friends for a visit to this awesome place and they were scared out of their wits especially when we walked through 'HELL'.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

It was a visit with my family.. Such a good place to be educated about this chinese folklore.. Formerly known as the Tiger Balm Gardens, but renamed as Haw Par Villa Dragon World by the Singapore Tourism board. The Haw Par in the park's name is based on the Aw brothers' personal names, Haw & Par, which means "tiger" & "leopard".. Very educational!

Date of experience: April 2019