“I would stay there again!”

Woke Home Capsule Hostel
Ranked #93 of 234 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed at the hostel for a night in an all female dorm. As compared to the other hostels that I've stayed before, this hostel was pretty good in terms of value for money.

Pros:
Clean bedsheets, clean pillows
Capsule has a mini TV, reading light, and a powerpoint just right beside your bed
Hostel managers are friendly, I was super hungry at late night and the provided me with bread and cereal
Location is good, walking distance to MRT and has a bus stop just downstairs
Security is great, as they provide you with a lift access card, so only hostel guests can get in
Have huge lockers
They have a tatami curtain for privacy

Cons:
Not much, just that it will be good if they have a few extra toilet/shower cubicles

Good experience overall, I would stay there again!

Extra things to note:
If you're claustrophobic / you are a fan of big beds and huge spaces you might want to give this a skip. I'm a fan of capsule hotels, and I'm pretty small in stature, so I thoroughly enjoyed myself on this one!

Room Tip: If possible get the lower bunk, easier to get to :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Woke Home Capsule Hostel

Reviewed October 20, 2013

After looking through the review on tripadvisor i made the booking.
Thankfully I stayed there only 1 night. The rooms smelt so bad I stayed at the reception area as long as I possibly could. Rooms were bare minimal, which is what I expect for but the smell is revolting.

the first room has no window at all - NO VENTILATION and the stink lingers.
The smell was nothing like what i have come across. Mind you I have stayed in backpackers in 15 different countries but none of them were this bad.

Still have nightmares and No, it wasn't the smell of durian.

Note: When you look through review be sure to look at worst reviews first, that way you can always be sure the worst you can expect.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank meg A
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The cubicles are very comfy and a lot more spacious than i had expected. The 24/7 available breakfast comes in quite handy and is just fine. I advice you to take a top bed in stead of a bottom one. You might have to climb up every time but its better than waking up every time the person above you is climbing up. The destination is good. Very close to mrt, clarke quay (the restaurant/bar area) and close to the temples and streets of china town. All within walking distance.

Don't think about sleeping in. The cleaning lady will come and start LOUD mopping (I have never heard anyone mop loud but this was crazy!) and hitting her cart against the lockers etc, making a LOT of noise in the rooms. Then she proceeded to wake us up because she wanted our blankets. I told her we were not due to check out until 12 and check in time is 2 pm so you will have 2 hours to wash the blankets then and we still would have until 12 to enjoy the comfort of our blankets. But she insisted on having to take it at 930 am and just left us awake and cold.

Room Tip: Get a top room so u don't wake up every time someone climbs into their bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BehnazBZ
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hostel has so much potential if managed properly. The bathrooms cleanliness needs a lot of work. The shower heads are broken, still useable, but probably not for long. Even after I informed the staff at the front desk, there was nothing done to them. The first night I got there, the air condition was broken in the dorm. Imagine 20ish bunk beds with no windows, and no air conditioner, just one fan. Yeah, bad air and hot. It was fixed the next day, so thank goodness for it. The tv in each pod never worked, and it seemed that it hadnot been working for quite sometime. The tv by the reception area is internet tv, so no real channels. I know you don't go to Singapore to watch tv, but while eating or just sit around, it's nice to have. If they fix the showers and keep the cleanliness of the bathrooms and toilet stalls better, I would return since it has a perfect location and elevator. Otherwise, I'd rather stay at different hostel where I don't have to clean thr toilet everytime I need to use it.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

It is easy to find the place,staff is nice,although i'm alone here but never feel uncomfortable!!Provided facilities quite ok and clean, safe too.Overall its price is really worth it! :) i would come here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed there for one night when I transferred my flight in Singapore.
I had a nice experience staying there.

The location is very near Clarke Quay and City Hall MRT,so it is very convince to go anywhere and buy anything.

I felt satisfied the receptionist were friendly , the bed were quite clean,and free service (free wifi.toast.milk etc.)
Inside the capsule was a mini LCD TV, a power point, some headphones and a small electric fan as well as the bedding.Besides that I were glad to get my own locker to put my luggage.

Even thought it's similar to backpackers but you can still have your private place .
I think I were so lucky for having quiet roommates, so I had a nice sleep.
In brief,I felt comfortable and satisfied when I were staying there.

However the TV didn't work and the lamp in my bed were out of fix .
Although that, I thought it doesn't matter because besides that anything is fine.

I give a suggestion to the single female .If you will stay there,please be carefully at night,because of there is a pub next to it.

Overall if i go to sigapore in the future, I would definitely stay again

這裡靠近捷運站和公車站,交通運輸及購物都很方便!
如果未來去新加坡,我還是會選擇入住那裡!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank peggychung1208
Reviewed August 7, 2013

On my SG trip last month, i decided to stay in this capsule hotel. Read some good/bad reviews, anyhow for those on the run I would recommend this place if your not fussy. The capsule itself is clean since this is just newly built hostel. Not that smelly, except that air ventilation (installed inside capsule room is not that working properly and also the tv which isn't working too). Wifi is only at the reception area. I was expecting that there's a good wifi up into the room... But none. Overall, i have enjoyed my stay here, since I'm out most of the day and your personal belongings are safe coz they give you locker keys. So i recommend this place!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo