“Reasonable price!”

Woke Home Capsule Hostel
Ranked #91 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed August 7, 2013

On my SG trip last month, i decided to stay in this capsule hotel. Read some good/bad reviews, anyhow for those on the run I would recommend this place if your not fussy. The capsule itself is clean since this is just newly built hostel. Not that smelly, except that air ventilation (installed inside capsule room is not that working properly and also the tv which isn't working too). Wifi is only at the reception area. I was expecting that there's a good wifi up into the room... But none. Overall, i have enjoyed my stay here, since I'm out most of the day and your personal belongings are safe coz they give you locker keys. So i recommend this place!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Located in between the famous Clarke Quay and the beautiful China Town (both places are walking distance from this hostel) this hostel lied right behind a bus stop and just next to a 24 hour Seven Eleven. This hostel have a nice location, inexpensive bed rate, an ok bed, warm service, 24 hour breakfast and the people who stay there usually are nice that you might end up having some new friends.

If you asked me what will be my best memory while stayed there, it'll be the Milo on bread breakfast and a small cup of OWL 3in1 instant coffee. I love it.

btw have i mention the free wi-fi? nice

cons:
the toilets are to small and sometimes not well maintained. The best time to use it will be right after the cleaning service doing their job.

Room Tip: ask the bellow bed and make sure you're fan and other thing inside are in good condition or ask...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The pros;
*Friendly service.
*Locker included in the price.
*Very clean "capsules" to sleep in with nightlamp, tv (with headphones), a small shelf and roll up blinds for privacy.
*Free WiFi on all flours.
*Free breakfast, but very basic (toast, jam, tea etc).
*Central location, many attractions within walking distance.

The cons;
*There was 24 sleeping capsules in the dorm we slept in, so a lot of noice from people coming and going during the night and early morning. Would have been better with ear plugs or less people sharing the sleeping quarters.
*If you roll down the blinds/shade, the air gets quite stagnant, at least in the upper beds.

Recommended for sound sleepers on a budget!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Korimako_B
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Picked a hostel for a stopover didn't think it'd leave an impression but it did. Not a good one though, I checked in late at night only to be greeted by an empty reception desk so I waited by the "lounge area" with my baggage after about 10 minutes I got impatient so I decided to take a look around the unairconditioned area (I think it was the smoking area) of the 6th level and it turns out the staff has been there all along on her phone and smoking with her friends? So I told her I wanted to check in and they came in and took my passport to process my check in. The whole process was slow and tiring having to listen to them chatter amongst themselves in their native dialect Im assuming they were malay.
When they were done checking me in (Be prepared to pay a deposit) I was later handed a key and a card which I later figured out on my own was for the lift. I've never felt so unwelcomed in a hostel in all my travels. The dormitories smelt bad and the beds made me itch after only a short couple hours of shut eye.
When I woke up the next morning the bathrooms were packed as they only had like 3 bathrooms for an entire floor what looked like housed more than 50 people which was just ridiculous. The floors were wet and there was a cleaner (I assume who she was by the hostel T shirt she was wearing) would just stand there on her phone the whole time i was waiting on a showerroom.
I quickly packed and processed my checkout and left, I doubt i'd be recommending this hostel to anyone who picks it more than just 1 night stopovers worst service and facilities ever.

Only upside I can give would be that the location is really good, a couple minutes walk from the subway.

Room Tip: My bed was right along the stretch of lockers and it woke me up a little everytime someone opened th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jen b
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I always wondered about capsule hotels since saw it on tv. So when I was looking for a place to stay in Singapore this one came up. Tried. Not disappointed at all, on the contrary. Perfect location, close to MR station, to China town, to everything. Nice and clean, the staff helpful, the free breakfast enough to start the day. The room is just enough for capsules and lockers and you can leave your suitcase or bigger rucksuck under the window. The capsules are perfect sizes, the mattress is comfy, have enough space to put my small stuff next to my bed and on a self, and a tv provided with not too many chanels but who wants to watch it when a fantastic city waiting to explore?
The shower room and toilets are clean, hot water all day if you wish.
All in all better than any dormitory I ever slept in.
The dormitories are separated women-men

Room Tip: Try to get as far from the AC as possible, could be very cold and you have a thin blankent only. I s...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I really like this hostel. Located near an MRT station, and lotsa nightspots that can be reached by walking for less than 10 minutes. If you're on a budget trip of watching concert at Fort Canning Park, than this hostel is the right choice, only less than 30 minutes of casual walking.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The capsules concept gains privacy of its occupants, each capsule has rattan blind roller. The common bathroom is clean. Basically this hostel provides basic sleeps and shower needs. Really fit for traveller who mostly spend times outside.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel during my trip through Singapore and peninsular Malaysia.
For me, as I've never stayed at a capsule hostel before, just gave me a new experience. Common room, yet still provide some privacy.
To make it brief, here are some Pros and Cons (based on my experience):
Pros :
1. Unique experience
2. Worth the budget (SGD 32, on my case)
3. Easy access to public transport (bus stop right infront the entrance, 5 minute walk from Clarke Quay MRT station).
4. Well located (10 minute walk to Chinatown, 15 minute walk to Merlion Park).
5. Cleanliness is good

Cons:
1. One of the staff doesn't really get into the hospitality business (as I'm a hotelier also, so I know what to expect from a ho(s)tel staff.
2. If you get room at level 5, avoid bed no. 9 (that was mine), as the Exit signboard right across your bed can to your eyes.
3. The TV inside my capsule works, but only for 1 channel with not quite good picture. (Anyway, we don't travel thousands miles to Singapore to watch TV, though).

Room Tip: Any room. Just avoid bed no. 9 and below. As for the no. 9, it located right across the Exit signboa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo