We travelled to Singapore as part of a stopover in December 2012 and as we were travelling with 2 young children and staying for 3 nights, we decided serviced apartments were easier than a hotel. Plus the price for a 2 bedroom & 2 bathroom serviced apartment at Somerset with a pool was a brilliant deal! The apartments are modern, spacious with good views of the city and they provide nice little extras like dishwasher tablets, washing powder, so that you don't need to buy such things for a short stay. The kitchen is large with a proper stove top and oven for cooking meals as well as a washer/dryer in case you need to wash clothes. The location is good, about 10 mins to the closest MRT station, with a shopping centre right underneath hotel which is handy if you need food, nappies, drinks etc. Clarke Quay is a 5 minute walk and you have all cuisines from all over the world on offer as well as bars and clubs. You can also get river cruises from Clarke Quay and the night cruise is a great jet lag activity, if you are awake from your flight still! I read a number of reviews about the construction noise before I booked and as such booked a particular room away from the construction site of the MTA, Type A and room 07 on the Clarke Quay Side. However, it was our only mistake! We got no sleep for the first 2 nights, due to loud music coming from Clarke Quay. We think it was a noisy VW promo stand right in the middle of Clarke Quay blaring out ear numbing music til 3:30am in the morning which was not helpful with jetlag and young kids! It may have been a one off that week as I have not read other people experiencing the same issues?! We asked to move on our last night in order to get some sleep. The staff were most accomodating, bringing up a porter to move our luggage, up to another floor overlooking the construction site! Funnily, we had the best night sleep of the whole trip. The construction noise stopped at 10pm and we were told if it was too noisy, that we can call the reception & and they would put a call through and the construction site would stop. However, we didnt hear anything past 10pm. One negative about the hotel is the breakfast is terrible & you need to get there early to get anything decent to eat. You are better off picking up something on the run or buying cereals/bread at the supermarket and having it in your room. The location of the breakfast room is lovely though, in an airy atrium. The pool which is shared with another hotel, is great. A welcome relief from the heat. The staff were always helpful and even provided free vouchers for a beach club for kids at Sentosa they had been given as they knew we were travelling with children. I would definitely recommend Somerset Liang for anyone staying with children as the price is fantastic and the location is very central, service is great but be careful which room you pick!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenience and the trendy buzz of riverfront living. Somerset Liang Court is near many historic sites and scenic locations from Fort Canning Park to Boat Quay. Just minutes from the Singapore River, the residence is surrounded by unique and diverse riverside attractions. It is located above a shopping mall and just next to the gastronomic Clarke Quay restaurant and entertainment hub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Somerset Liang Court Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Liang Court Hotel Singapore
- Somerset Liang Court Singapore