“Helpful Staff”

Nylon Coffee Roasters
Ranked #11 of 326 Coffee & Tea in Singapore
Description: A space born out of the love and passion for coffee, with a simple underlying goal: to source, roast & brew amazing coffees from around the world, to the best we think they should taste and share them with you.
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Nylon is a humble coffee shop. It is not your typical cafe selling desserts and a variety of drnks. Be prepared to stand around the table while enjoying your caffeine fix. If I am not wrong, this is the only place that sells Kalita coffee accessories in SG. For those keen on making coffee using the pourover method, the helpful staff will be keen to advise. Will be back for a cup of freshly brewed coffee!

1  Thank mskmouse
dennistang, Owner at Nylon Coffee Roasters, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for review and hope to have you back for another coffee soon!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stumbled upon this little gem after sneaking around on a Café hop in this part of Sgp.

Not sure what food/snacks/bakery they have as I arrived just before closing. But the coffee was superb. The crew working there were also very friendly pointing me in the right direction for my continued café crawl. If a good cup of joe is on your list and a bit of exploring, then make your way here and have a nice cup.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I visited Nylon twice, once with a friend who was on a coffee hunt during her trip down to Singapore, and the second time with my wife. The service on both visits was OK, although I did had a better experience on the second time - the barista took the time to explain to me how best to smell the coffee (gently swirl it to let out the fragrance), which I appreciate.

On my first visit, I tried their tiniest size of espresso + milk, but as I had a black coffee before I visited them, I couldn't really tell whether the coffee was good (my tongue was numb from bitterness), although my friend commented that their coffee had layers of taste and she liked it. On my second visit, I tried their espresso and it was the best espresso I had. I have read that good coffee doesn't taste bitter, and Nylon's espresso verified that for me. It packed a punch without the bitterness, and has a sourish taste that makes me want to keep sipping at it. My wife tried their 4oz. espresso + milk and she liked it too. She thinks it's a good balance of milk and coffee without having one overpowering the other.

When you are there, you can see that they are really putting in the effort and you can see their laser-like concentration in brewing their coffee for you. However, if you are visiting and plan to sit down to have a long chat with your friends or partner, I won't recommend that, as theirs is a small space, enough for three to four person to sit/stand around, without a table.

Head over there for the coffee, be prepared to stand (which works for me) if you are not the takeaway-type and savour your cup of coffee. It might just be the best espresso you will ever have too.

1  Thank ChungChin_Ang
dennistang, Owner at Nylon Coffee Roasters, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for dropping by our little space and glad that you enjoyed our coffees as well. Much appreciate your kind words in your review and hope to see you back for a cup soon!

Team Nylon

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Though the shop is a tad small, the coffee served is excellent and beyond compare.

Seating area can be almost non-existent if there are 4-5 people within the shop. However, you can choose to sit on the wooden crates outside.

Owners are very friendly people and they try to remember the regulars' names.

Not a good place to sit/chill the whole afternoon but recommended for the coffee.

dennistang, Owner at Nylon Coffee Roasters, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hello,

Thanks for dropping by and also for your kind words. We will only strive to serve everyone with better coffees and service going forward.
Hope to have you back again soon and do say hi too!

Best,
dennis

Reviewed May 19, 2013

On a vacation where my husband spent most of his time in training and I explored the streets of Singapore alone, it was such a joy to walk into Nylon and feel like part of the community. Nylon is a tiny cafe, with just four chairs, and yet patrons hung around enjoying good coffee and conversation. Owners Dennis and Jia Min, who are there most days, are hardworking and passionate about what they do. They source and roast their own beans, and I bought a bag of Finca El Zarzal to bring back to Melbourne (a place that is not short of fantastic coffee roasters). I look forward to visiting again next time I'm in Singapore!

dennistang, Owner at Nylon Coffee Roasters, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

It was wonderful to have you in our little shop and so glad you found the experience enjoyable. Hope you like the cup from Finca El Zarzal as well. Do drop by again if you're in town and who knows, maybe we'll convince you to come stay in SG instead! :)