“Excellent meat”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Quays
Description: Japanese BBQ at Robertson Walk, Singapore
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have eaten here a few times. My children love the meat. Not cheap but the quality of the meat is very high and significantly better than other places we have tried in Singapore for not much more. Booking is a little weird, with strict time limits but no problem once you know what it is. Our favorite BBQ shop here.

1  Thank Mikkycc

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Tender beef, authentic side dishes and curry rice. You will enjoy the entire dinner. The last minutes reservation could be difficult. Try to book few days in advance. It could be seating timing fm 6pm to 8pm, 8:30 pm till close.

Majority of the customer is Japanese. What else do you need to know how good it is ?

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Authentic Japanese Cuisine Yakiniku Yazawa specialises in different cuts of beef. They serves amazing high quality Wagyu beef from Japan & Australia with side dishes combination. Fresh and melt in your mouth meats. The prices aren't cheap, be prepared to pay minimum SGD100 - SGD200 per person. Service was also top notch, it's probably my favorite Yakiniku place in Singapore. This restaurant (Japanese BBQ Yakiniku Yazawa) located in 11 Unity Street #01-01 Robertson Walk Singapore 237995 and Tel. 6235 2941

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My gf brought me here for a treat after she got her first paycheck. She did a booking for 730pm but when we arrive at 720pm. We had to wait about 15 minutes before we were seated.

The menu was given to us upon being seated, but to us, we hardly are any sort of beef expert, so we decided to ask the waitress to give us some recommendation. Was suprised for a high class restaurant, she did not speak good english and was hardly any help in helping us decide what to order and enlightening us on the serving portion.

In the end, we ordered some raw beef appetizer with egg, beef tongue, 4 variety of different beef cut and a bowl of rice soup. To start it off, the raw beef appetizer was definitely unique, the first few mouthful was quite tasty, but after a few more mouthful, i felt it was better to cook it over the stove for easier digestion. The beef tongue was not at all nice, so maybe skip it. There's probably a reason why people in Singapore do not really eat it.

The different meat cuts look different and taste different. I can't really comment on what to order, but normally the more expensive one would be cut in thinner slices and better melts into your mouth. The rice soup that i ordered (thinking it was something unique), tasted horrible. Had to force myself to finish it considering it was quite an expensive bowl.

Overall, food was fresh, variety limited, atmosphere quite well thought of, but staff attitude negative. What I didn't like about the service was that they gave us the impression that they wanted us to pay and faster leave so that they can give the seat up to other customers who were waiting. They came at least 3 times to my table during my meal to ask us if we wanted to buy more food if not we should settle the bill and the truth was, we spent less than 45 minutes at that place.

Overall, my bill came out to about $250 including gst and service charge. Pretty expensive meal and I really think I would not be hurrying back here anytime soon. But do check the place out yourself if you do not mind paying high price for air-flown fresh food.

2  Thank Malcolm_See
Reviewed September 1, 2013

A very popular place so reservations are definitely required. Great choice of different cuts of wagyu which you grill yourself. Not cheap, but worth a visit for special occasions.