“Value hostel”

Ranked #87 of 231 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Taiping, Malaysia
“Value hostel”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location is great .where it"s located near to mrt station and some attraction
The room is clean n comfortable
they kitchen provide great hot baverage for guest. Besides that .its open for 24 hour^^.
Overall . This hostel is value for money .

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I was here last week. Location is goog because it is located near buy mrt and reasonable price. Staffs are nice. They will be assited you. Room is small but pillow and blanket are clean. Bath room are terible. They are dirty. It is only weak point for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hostel with best location a few walk from China town, the room is clean and nice if come as family and group of friends. But toilets and shower rooms are so dirty. Because many guests are from Asia and quality of guests need to be educated. The hostel can put some signs to remind guests.

Staff are so friendly and useful.

Room Tip: Rooms are good, beds are so comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Austria
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a really great time with my mother when we stayed at 5footway.inn Project 2 in July 2013. We had a Superior private room with window. Saw the Sri Mariammann Temple just across the street. Great!
Small room, but clean. Bed for my mother on the floor, big loft bed for me. No need for a big room when in Singapore. Just explore the city at day and sleep like dead at night! Well, IF you can sleep.... Some people are not very considerate of their neighbours and are yelling outside their doors at 2a.m. So bring earplugs.
Bathrooms and toilets are small and not always clean. I think that´s not the fault of the staff, but of the guests. Some must live like pigs at home. Staff cleans the bathrooms and toilets twice daily, i think.
When our AC broke, the staff gave us a new private bedroom with window for the last two nights! So nice!! Thanks again to the whole staff, everyone of you is just great!

We where almost daily at the Maxwell Food Hawker Center, if you want to eat good and cheap, there is nothing better. Just a 5 minute walk away.

I highly recommend this place and will come back again!

Room Tip: Rooms 19 and 23 are private bedrooms with window
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chloegr33n
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I was on a really tight budget and found this place on the web, just a one night stay on my way to somewhere else.
Good points:
Cheap, really friendly helpful staff (be generous and leave them a good tip), close to Chinatown and easy access from MRT, nice clean white bed linen (no hiding stains behind bright colours)
Bad points:
If you are tall - the beds are short! The walls are thin and the beds creak. Bring earplugs and a sleep mask.
To be fair, it is a cheap dorm place, don't come with your expectations too high, all rooms look alike when you are asleep. Get out of the room and explore Chinatown nearby.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Graham R
Reviewed July 12, 2013

First of all, I have made a review earlier as invited by staff here on my second night of stay. Indeed, it was about project 1.

For project 2, I booked a deluxe private room with private toilet which charged S112/night. The only private toilet room. The price does not fit the service. Room is 20 sq feet. Toilet is 8 sq feet. Very small.

A strange smell in the room that I have to use the fragrance to spray the room. Toilet is very dirty, with 1cm fungus coating the sink, lots of black dirt on wall and toilet bowl, and lots of fungus on the dwell. No one clean up the toilet as informed by reception. As my leg was broken, I did not use toilet. I asked reception to send cleansing assistant to clean up the dirt twice but no cleansing assistant did come. Most of them are part time staff.

It is unacceptable to have such a dirty and smelly private room like this, particularly at this price. I won't sleep there anymore even if it charged me S35/night.

When I informed the situations to reception staff namely Xi, he tried to arrange a mixed dorm to me but charged me for additional charges. I requested a 2-bed room but no room was available. Yet, Xi criticized me that no one complained for the dirtiness all along. Besides, he challenged me for the reason why I did not request to change the room on the first day. I told me that it was just I am nice and my leg was broken. He suddenly said " I have changed the room for you, why you scold me, no one complain, someone has cleaned the room before." I was shocked by his reply and called staff at project one to handle it.

Finally, staff upgraded me to a 3-person room that cost S120/night with shared bathroom. Public toilet is better than private one but still it is dirty. Half of toilets are having dirty tissue papers on floor. Very wet and smelly.

Due to this experience, I have cancelled my further stay at boat quay 5footwayinn. I will definitely not staying at project 2 in future. Not worth this price. Poor service and staff attitude.

Services among 5footwayinn series vary!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank hkleewyk

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Łódź, Lodz, Poland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at the 5footway Inn in Singapore Chinatown in June 2013. It was an excellent stay. The staff are friendly and helpful. The accommodation is very neat and tidy. The bathrooms are modern and clean. There is even an awesome little common room with TV, dvd player and a range of films to choose from.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends