“Cheap price with good location, rooms and staffing!!! Highly recommend!! Will book this hostel if I go to Singapore again in th”

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2
Ranked #87 of 247 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The location is very good! It just located in China Town and is easy to access!!! Actually, it just locate oppsite to the Indian temple! The hostle is very close to the China Town MRT station and this station is very convinence to reach to different scene since it is almost in the middle of the MRT route!!!
The rooms is very clean!!!
The shower room is OK! But it can become perfect if there is some improvement in the ventilation and cleaningness!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
5footwayinn, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Hi dsyscat,

Thank you for choosing 5footway.inn while in Singapore. We are glad that you like our room and we definitely would like to host you in your next trip to the lion city! Your feedbacks are greatly valued and more improvement will be done to the toilet ventilation and not to mention the up-keeping in the toilet.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope that you enjoyed your trip in Singapore.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I loved Singapore!!! Beautiful, clean, friendly city, with an excellent MRT underground public service. You can get literally anywhere easily and hassle free!!

I arrived from Kuala Lumpur by executive bus, and was dropped off somewhere in the Quays area near a MRT. The hostel was just a short ride away at the Chinatown station stop. Just when you come out the entrance, the hostel was on the left hand side inside a stall which seemed a bit odd but I've seen worse.

Lobby was lovely, nice food area, seating area with computers and the staff were really friendly and helpful. You got coupons for money off food if you bought it there. I had booked into a mixed dorm, but was told it was pretty empty and that the female only dorm was more full. However, the girls in the mixed dorm were unfriendly and did not speak any English. So I spent the first night and 2 days on my own, which was a little disappointing since I was backpacking solo and hoping to meet new people.

The breakfast area/communal area upstairs was funky but again, there seemed to be a lot of families staying here and mainly Asian people who did not speak a word of English or at least they didn't want to communicate.

The dorm room itself was tiny, 6 bunk beds crammed into a little room - but kinda what I expected for Singapore. The lockers under the bed were fairly large and I managed to fit my backpack and daypack into it - thank god otherwise there wouldn't have been anywhere to put them. Some of the other girls in the room had small lockers which did not fit big backpacks into. There was no storage anywhere to put backpacks of any kind. The pictures on the internet make the rooms look brand new and quite large - which they are not. But everything was very clean. It would have been nice if towels were provided, as there was no space to hang my own wet towel in the room (no hooks) - I ended up hanging it over the bunk bed on top and hoping the other girl wouldn't mind. I did not see any hair dryers. There was a girls only shower room, which was nice if your a girl haha!!

There were laundry facilities although I did not use them. Breakfast was awesome also but only went until 9.30am so if your a late riser or just plainly want to lie in bed...you have no chance of making breakfast. I missed it the first day, but the second day it was really nice - fruit, toast, cereal!!! FAB!!!! I loved also that you could make tea, coffee and hot chocolate anytime you wanted. I had also mentioned I was leaving at 6am to catch my flight to Indonesia and they put breakfast out half an hour early for me!! Awesome staff!!!

Everything was lovely here only it was difficult to make new friends was my only complaint!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank canadianenglishlady
5footwayinn, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hi canadianenglishlady,

Thank you for your review on 5footway.inn. You probably wanted to write for Project Chinatown 1 at Pagoda Street instead.

We have extended the breakfast to 10am already probably the signage are not updated yet. We apologised for the miscommunication. As the period that you were here is a national day holiday in Thailand and thus, we have an increase in Asian guests.

Nevertheless, thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was my 1st visit here and i found it very pleasant. I traveled with group (8 girls), so we got 2 rooms which accommodate 4 person per room. The room quite small but comfy, good mattress, pillow, blanket, and packed with light & power outlet at the side of each bed. Love the locations, perfect, as in the middle of Chinatown. 5 min walk from Mrt, market and resto. Light breakfast at the lounge was fine too. The staff amazingly nice, thanks to Katherina and Yong Han, you were very helpful. Overall I like it very much, and recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hi tjastina,

Thank you for your time in writing us a review. We are pleased that the team's service has left an impression for you and we will continue to strive to serve our guests better.

We look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've stayed here 3 nights and as much as I hate hostels with shared rooms this was a pleasant surprise.

The location is perfect - in the middle of Chinatown, 30 meters from underground entrance, 15 min walk from Clarke's Quay with all the nightlife, 20 min walk from Marina Bay Sands and spectacular views.

The room (4 beds) was perfectly clean, the same for shared bathrooms, and quiet. I hardly saw my roommates.

The staff is amazingly nice and helpful - they printed all the itineraries I needed free of charge, recommended some great places for food and were absolutely ok with me deciding to cut my stay short a few nights - with full refund, as I wanted to fly to Bali.

I recommend this place wholeheartedly!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank visionary_vanguard
5footwayinn, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Hi designatplay,

Thank you for choosing 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2. We are honored to have hosted you during your stay in Singapore.

Our team continue to strive to provide memorable experience for our valuable guests.

We look forward to having you back soon in the near future!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Room - My check in time about 2.30 p.m but i could not check in
because hostel has only one house keeper --"

Toilet - dirty toilet, please Bring you personal slipper

Good location
very near china town MRT and many restaurant

Room Tip: -no need to choose private room because hostel did not have room key - i think second floor is be...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank joyhitori
5footwayinn, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Hi numero1st,

Thank you for taking time to review 5footway.in Project Chinatown 2.

We truly apologised for the unpleasant experience you had during your stay. Due to unforeseen circumstances, there was a shortage of manpower. However, we assured that it is a one time incident and rooms will be ready by the check-in of 3pm. For the safety and security of all our guests, we do issue access card and room keys for the every guest.

Once again, we valued all feedbacks from our guests and constant seek to improve our service standards. We welcome you back in the near future to witness the improvements.

Thank you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my first time to stay @ 5footway.inn. It is a perfect place to stay for traveller, its accessible to all forms of transportation, its people are very friendly - they will always assist you, beds are clean, air conditioning temperature is sufficient, yet the price is very affordable. Its only about 5 minutes walk to MRT and other bus stops. They serve breakfast, one thing good is that you will be meeting new friends among fellow travellers during breakfast. Its awesome...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ondc21

Hi ondc21,

Thank you for your kind review of 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2. We are very happy that you had a great stay with us. We hope to continuously surprised our guests with facilities and services.

Once again, thank you and we truly look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Enjoyed the stay..I'm simple..so long it's clean and staff hospitality is prefect will make my stay extraordinary good. Price is good though I got charged double due to peak season on F1 event. Location is okay..easier access to Sentosa.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bella M
PC2_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Hi Bella M

Thank you for taking time to write a review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2.

We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us and we look forward to having you guys back in the near future. Do let us know that you are a repeated guest and we will be glad to assist you again.

Thank You!!