“Money Very Well Spent :)”

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2
Ranked #88 of 237 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at the Chinatown 2 branch, the one facing the Hindu temple. During those times, the street was lined with beautiful, colorful round lanterns and it was quite a treat to see when we look out of our room, most especially at night. The place is very accessible and generally clean; the staff, helpful and accommodating. :) We even had a welcome gift as honeymooners. Thank you to Tricia and her awesome crew for making our stay pleasant and enjoyable. I wish they had a telephone in the room though so that it's easier to get in touch with our Singaporean friends or to contact our favorite local stores. In general, I would recommend this place to friends.

Room Tip: If you're travelling as a couple, get the loft rooms so that you'd have privacy. :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PC2_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

HI gugsgugsgugs,

I am a Tricia a supervisor of Project Chinatown 2!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2!

We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us during your HONEYMOON!!

I look forward to having you guys back in the near future and please do let us know that you are a repeated guest and we will be glad to assist you again.

Thank You!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Perfect location for sight-seeing tourists. though the room we stayed in is small and the bed a little steep, we still had a great stay. the staff were all helpful and courteous...always willing to help and answer questions. they even helped us print out boarding pass free of charge. sharing breakfast with other foreigners was also an interesting and great experience. would recommend and stay there again when in SG.

Room Tip: rooms with a windows make stay better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beldugo J
5footwayinn, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Hi Beldugo J,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2.

We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us and we look forward to having you guys back in the near future. Do let us know that you are a repeated guest and we will be glad to assist you again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

A couple of months ago, I stayed in the other place, pagoda street, and my friend booked the wrong one this time. So, make sure that you booked the correct place since they have a lot of branches.

Overall, this place is so-so. What makes it outstanding is the service. They really welcomed you and made you comfortable. Compare to the one in pagoda street, this place bigger, but dirty (the bathroom).

When I stayed here, I had to sleep in 3 different rooms since they had to squeeze me in another room every night. (There were misunderstanding between Japanese family and them). It was inconvenient since I had to check out every other day, but they really tried their best to make sure that I had a great place to sleep.

In summary, this place is ok, and I have something to share after leaving 5Footway Inn

• Stayed: August 2012
PC2_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Plucky004

Thank you for choosing 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2 for your accommodation during your visit to Singapore, and for posting the feedback.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay.
We appreciate your valuable feedback that will help us in our constant improvement efforts in satisfying our future guests.

We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again, and honour us with the opportunity to improve the 5footway.inn experience for you.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our stay in this hostel was worth it. The price was very affordable for a private room. We loved that the room was very clean, in all its white theme and cute paintings. The beds are perfect for the young-at-heart, with bunk beds and enough lockers. I loved the beddings, the soft pillows and the best duvet for a cheap hostel. It was also nice that breakfast was free for the guests, although you have to be early to get it. The thing that irked me though was that the comfort rooms were starting to smell and get dirty. I saw some molds in the shower and toilet. I hope they could stop it!

The staff was very friendly, especially Tricia <3! She was really nice, and even offered the cheaper Universal Studio tickets, which we didn't notice on the board.

Room Tip: Pick your rooms early! A lot of travellers are booking in this hostel, so it's better to reserve...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
PC2_Manager, Supervisor at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Hi Fra L

I am Tricia, supervisor of 5Fooywayinn Project chinatown 2.

Thank you for posting the first review for our property as well as good complements of me!

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are honoured to have hosted you during your stay in Singapore.

Moreover, your comments are greatly appreciated and our team will do our best to prevent and stop moulding in the certain area!

Once again, thank you for choosing 5footway.inn, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

-Tricia-

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I check into the hostel around 4pm. I was given the bed that looks like someone has been using it the day before. I came back after midnight only to find there is someone sleeping on my bed. There should be better security against things like that. Since there are only 4 beds, I have to call the receptionist . I only get to sleep at 4am.

• Stayed: August 2012
PC2_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear jhphang!

Thank you for posting the first review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2!

We do apologize on the issue of insecurity during your stay. Our team will do our best to strengthen on security issues and ensure all in house guests are secured.

We were honored to have hosted you and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was the first time I have ever experienced a hostel. I stayed here with 2 of my friends because in the 3 bed private room. When we arrived, the staff was nice and greeted us. She then brought us to our room, and we were a bit surprised because we didn't think the room was going to be that small, but it was still okay for the price we payed. The bed was nice and clean but the thing we didn't like was the fact that our room doesn't have any window, so if you are claustrophobic I don't recommend the 3 bed private room. The hostel is very near to Chinatown where there are lots of food and places to hang out, and is near the MRT station so we were very happy about that. At first we were worried about the bathrooms being dirty and not enough for the guests, however it was really clean and we didn't have to wait to take a bath. The thing I didn't like was that the staff who served us didn't tell us about the TV lounge and pantry or whatever they called it. I just found out about it when I got home. I was pretty disappointed about that. But overall me and my friends had a great time there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meiliza S
PC2_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Meiliza S

Thank you for posting the first review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2!

As our team does value your comments, we will ensure all guests are aware of facilities can use.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

As per title, overall the condition of the room is satisfy for the money we paid but when think twice, we will definitely not going back again due to the 1st image given. When we reached there on day1, not too sure where is the entrance to the reception, we open the door n heard someone said hello but can't see the person. We walked in n see a staff sitting on the front desk. Since we are not allowed to check in early, we left our luggage and went out. When we came back around 6, another staff was there and someone sit at the side table, no one greeting us in a way they supposed to ( as seen from other backpackers review). Since no introduction, we do not know their name at all.
Well, since they are doing promotion for that mth and we paid good $, we do not expect any further. Hair dryer is provided but they only have 1, it depends on your luck whether you managed to borrow it.
Bathroom is too small until you cannot make a turn inside...for big size traveller, pls think twice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear PineOng

Thank you for posting the review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2!

Firstly, we do apologize on dissatisfaction of your stay. We will be working on strengthening friendliness and service of staff in accordance on your feedback.

We were pleased to have hosted you during your stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!