“Good price, good theme!”

5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2
Ranked #90 of 244 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our stay in this hostel was worth it. The price was very affordable for a private room. We loved that the room was very clean, in all its white theme and cute paintings. The beds are perfect for the young-at-heart, with bunk beds and enough lockers. I loved the beddings, the soft pillows and the best duvet for a cheap hostel. It was also nice that breakfast was free for the guests, although you have to be early to get it. The thing that irked me though was that the comfort rooms were starting to smell and get dirty. I saw some molds in the shower and toilet. I hope they could stop it!

The staff was very friendly, especially Tricia <3! She was really nice, and even offered the cheaper Universal Studio tickets, which we didn't notice on the board.

Room Tip: Pick your rooms early! A lot of travellers are booking in this hostel, so it's better to reserve...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
PC2_Manager, Supervisor at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Hi Fra L

I am Tricia, supervisor of 5Fooywayinn Project chinatown 2.

Thank you for posting the first review for our property as well as good complements of me!

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are honoured to have hosted you during your stay in Singapore.

Moreover, your comments are greatly appreciated and our team will do our best to prevent and stop moulding in the certain area!

Once again, thank you for choosing 5footway.inn, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

-Tricia-

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I check into the hostel around 4pm. I was given the bed that looks like someone has been using it the day before. I came back after midnight only to find there is someone sleeping on my bed. There should be better security against things like that. Since there are only 4 beds, I have to call the receptionist . I only get to sleep at 4am.

• Stayed: August 2012
PC2_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear jhphang!

Thank you for posting the first review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2!

We do apologize on the issue of insecurity during your stay. Our team will do our best to strengthen on security issues and ensure all in house guests are secured.

We were honored to have hosted you and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was the first time I have ever experienced a hostel. I stayed here with 2 of my friends because in the 3 bed private room. When we arrived, the staff was nice and greeted us. She then brought us to our room, and we were a bit surprised because we didn't think the room was going to be that small, but it was still okay for the price we payed. The bed was nice and clean but the thing we didn't like was the fact that our room doesn't have any window, so if you are claustrophobic I don't recommend the 3 bed private room. The hostel is very near to Chinatown where there are lots of food and places to hang out, and is near the MRT station so we were very happy about that. At first we were worried about the bathrooms being dirty and not enough for the guests, however it was really clean and we didn't have to wait to take a bath. The thing I didn't like was that the staff who served us didn't tell us about the TV lounge and pantry or whatever they called it. I just found out about it when I got home. I was pretty disappointed about that. But overall me and my friends had a great time there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meiliza S
PC2_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Meiliza S

Thank you for posting the first review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2!

As our team does value your comments, we will ensure all guests are aware of facilities can use.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

As per title, overall the condition of the room is satisfy for the money we paid but when think twice, we will definitely not going back again due to the 1st image given. When we reached there on day1, not too sure where is the entrance to the reception, we open the door n heard someone said hello but can't see the person. We walked in n see a staff sitting on the front desk. Since we are not allowed to check in early, we left our luggage and went out. When we came back around 6, another staff was there and someone sit at the side table, no one greeting us in a way they supposed to ( as seen from other backpackers review). Since no introduction, we do not know their name at all.
Well, since they are doing promotion for that mth and we paid good $, we do not expect any further. Hair dryer is provided but they only have 1, it depends on your luck whether you managed to borrow it.
Bathroom is too small until you cannot make a turn inside...for big size traveller, pls think twice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear PineOng

Thank you for posting the review for 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2!

Firstly, we do apologize on dissatisfaction of your stay. We will be working on strengthening friendliness and service of staff in accordance on your feedback.

We were pleased to have hosted you during your stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at 5footway inn Chinatown 2 with my sisters in-law sharing the 4 beds Private Room with Shared bathroom. It was good enough to serve our needs. The location is perfect and very convenient because you can eat, dine and buy so many cheap items in the area. It is also very near to the MRT and Taxi stations. The shared bathroom are clean and has complete amenities that a backpacker or a frequent traveler needs... such as heater, shower gel, shampoo and continuous supply of toilet paper. If you are a first timer, you might be a little afraid especially if you are claustrophobic because of the little space inside the bathroom but once you get used to it, it will be fun. The beddings are clean and has small light for reading at night and every bed has its own plug for charging your phones. But make sure to bring your own padlock for safety (altough you can buy padlock at the reception area). Their free breakfast is very simple.. they serve toast bread, cereal, coffee or tea or milk tea. I bought my own cup noodles in the nearby 7-11 to match my toast.

Room Tip: Get the private room so you will not worry of the noise and security of your things. 4-beds are good...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TinA_106

Dear TinA_106,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2!

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, our team have already started to rent a padlock for free!

Thank you again for staying in 5footway.inn, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is the first time I had to check out a hostel earlier than planned. The hostel is so tiny that you will not feel comfortable. There is no privacy at all as the room is squeezing and your bed is right next to another person's with only a piece of wood in between so you are practically sleeping with that person next bed whoever s/he is.

The management seems chaotic. I was assigned to a 4 bed room which was supposed to be reserved to two customers only as an gesture of good will to them because they had changd room three times due to unsatisfying room condition. So I had to change room that night. It was1:30am! And I had to wake everybody up in the new room assigned to me. I felt guilty although I did nothing wrong. A sensible solution is to upgrade me to a single room as an apology to me for the disturbance they caused. That way those two customers would have the room to themselves. I didn't need to disturb anyone in my new room. And I would feel happier to pack all my stuff again and move. A three win situation!

Also, I had trouble getting cash from the ATM that night and I didn't drink any water after I checked in the plane. This hostel didn't accept credit card and I wanted to buy a bottle of water (only 1SD). The reception refused to charge it to my room and lied that they don't sell anything at night. I was speechless when facing people so lack of compassion.

having unhappy customers, the supervisor tried to charge me more money when I checked out. I was truly disappointed as I had read some good feedbacks about this hostel chain before I made the booking. I will not recommend this place and I will try my best to avoid.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very friendly services, and recomended for easy traveler that need good accomodation. Easy acess to all dazzling area of China Town. Keep up the good works.

Room Tip: You might want to check for the size of the room and where the bathroom located
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karolus J
PC2_Manager, Manager at 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Karolus J

Thank you for taking time to post your review on 5footwayinn. Project Chinatown 2!