This happened in basement shop of Lucky plaza today,
Today I and my friend went to Lucky plaza to look around stuff I needed. First I looked for a glass mounting (suction) holder for keeping my mobile.GPS in the car. No shops have prices written anywhere. They do not allow you to look around as they keep trying to pull you in their shop, no matter what you looking for. The prices varied from 39 sing $ to 20 S$ for similar stuff !! and at this place where he said 15 for a piece put on show, I thought it is a relatively better price and shown interest.
Then he bought the similar one (new one in box) from inside and told it is 19 S$ ! He told us the one in display is a bad quality! later he came down to 15 S$ telling spl price. But my firend who was with me generally tried asking for much better price before sealing the deal and the shop guys started abusing us! and when we said why there is a need to use the work [--] other shop guys started shouting at us and pushed us outside the shop.
My suggestion and my friend's experience are -
1. Visit this place to do window shopping, never buy anything from here. Everything costs higher than what it costs in showroom. If it costs lesser, either it is a fake one, without warranty, partially faulty or some accessories are missing.
2. never look for something if you are not sure of themodel and product properly.
3. never speak to a shop guy if you are not intended to buy something.
4. Avoid the basement shops (food court is okay)
5. If you buy somethin ask for total price which includes 7% GST and 3% credit card charges. The price they tell will never includes this
Also advise you to go to SIMLIM square or tower for all electronics items. Simlim tower which is diagonally opposite to square has some decent shops too. I liked the Tower more than squatr as at simlim tower the shops are run by old guys and they seems to be more honest. the shop from where we bought handycam told us the prices which were included with GST. charged only 2 % for credicard charges (as against 3% in other places). But if you are looking for computer items, Square has more options and shops and it is better.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.