“Bad experience at Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road, Singapore”
Review of Lucky Plaza

Lucky Plaza
Ranked #112 of 806 things to do in Singapore
Bangalore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bad experience at Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road, Singapore”
Reviewed December 13, 2007

This happened in basement shop of Lucky plaza today,

Today I and my friend went to Lucky plaza to look around stuff I needed. First I looked for a glass mounting (suction) holder for keeping my mobile.GPS in the car. No shops have prices written anywhere. They do not allow you to look around as they keep trying to pull you in their shop, no matter what you looking for. The prices varied from 39 sing $ to 20 S$ for similar stuff !! and at this place where he said 15 for a piece put on show, I thought it is a relatively better price and shown interest.

Then he bought the similar one (new one in box) from inside and told it is 19 S$ ! He told us the one in display is a bad quality! later he came down to 15 S$ telling spl price. But my firend who was with me generally tried asking for much better price before sealing the deal and the shop guys started abusing us! and when we said why there is a need to use the work [--] other shop guys started shouting at us and pushed us outside the shop.

My suggestion and my friend's experience are -
1. Visit this place to do window shopping, never buy anything from here. Everything costs higher than what it costs in showroom. If it costs lesser, either it is a fake one, without warranty, partially faulty or some accessories are missing.
2. never look for something if you are not sure of themodel and product properly.
3. never speak to a shop guy if you are not intended to buy something.
4. Avoid the basement shops (food court is okay)
5. If you buy somethin ask for total price which includes 7% GST and 3% credit card charges. The price they tell will never includes this

Also advise you to go to SIMLIM square or tower for all electronics items. Simlim tower which is diagonally opposite to square has some decent shops too. I liked the Tower more than squatr as at simlim tower the shops are run by old guys and they seems to be more honest. the shop from where we bought handycam told us the prices which were included with GST. charged only 2 % for credicard charges (as against 3% in other places). But if you are looking for computer items, Square has more options and shops and it is better.

10 Thank shyamhegde

• Thai first
Manila
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Lucky Plaza ruined my vacation”
Reviewed December 9, 2007

I went to Singapore for a vacation and to shop. Thought I would get a better deal at lucky plaza. I trusted the salesmen very much, bought lots of things so I didn't ask for the calculator and check the computation. Turned out they ripped me of about 345sing. Not only that when I said I would pay in credit card, they did not told me that they would charge an extra 10%!!!Later I found out the sony cybershot I bought from them was 400sing more expensive than what was selling at Sony store. Now coming home I found out they charged me an extra 700sing from my credit card!!! Beware the store is CYBER JIP PTE LTD.#B1-81/#02-97B/C, LUCKY PLAZA

15 Thank thetravelinghousewif
Brisbane, Australia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Mad House of Shops”
Reviewed February 17, 2007

I rate Lucky Plaza as above average just for the experience of being here. On weekends it is packed with locals. I found the place fascinating, but I wouldn't buy anything expensive from here. Downstairs is a great massage place.

5 Thank a60
LONDON, ENGLAND
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“very poor customer service”
Reviewed September 6, 2006

I purchased a "new" ipaq 6965 last week from a store on the second level of the lucky plaza. when i got back to the hotel i had a little play with it and discovered that some of the keys on the keypad were not working. so i returned with it to the shop the next morning.
To my suprise, they tried to say that as i signed the reciept i had accepted it in good condition. I pointed out that i did not try the item and signed to say i took delivery only.
They then tried to say i had to send it to the makers, then they said they could only refund half the price paid as it was now a used item. They only agreed to a refund after i stood there and told other customers looking around how bad they were.
I purchased it with a memory card but they would not take this back as it was not faulty.
I also found the lucky plaza traders hard work, they would not let you just look at stuff, they always try to get you into the shop and keep you there, and none of the goods are priced at all, you always have to ask and they all do the same thing - start off with a silly high price and pester you to make them an offer.
TO SUM IT UP - GO TO A PROPER BUSINESS IN A PROPER MALL WHERE YOU WON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AFTERWARDS WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE - WELL WORTH THE LITTLE EXTRA YOU MIGHT PAY.

14 Thank LOMETUN
Perth, Western Austr
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Purchasing Jewellery”
Reviewed August 18, 2006

Having purchased a bracelet and ring for my wifes 50th birthday, we arrived back home (Perth, Western Australia) to find one of the stones had fallen out. Having had this repaired, the first time it was to be worn the clasp fell apart.

My issue is not with the price (S$800) , but with the quality.

13 Thank Geoff F