“Nice walking and biking trails”
Review of East Coast Park

Ranked #41 of 839 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The city’s most popular stretch of beach always buzzes with activity – even when it’s not playing host to the wide spectrum of sporting events that grace its shores regularly, like the Singapore Marathon and Xtreme Championship.
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I am staying at a nearby hotel. I walk daily on the walking trails along the beach. Pleasant tree covered trails separated for walking, jogging and biking. Not too crowded during the week. There are bicycle rentals, canopy bicycle cars, mommy and me exercise groups, play grounds, outside gyms and even a water board overhead tow area lake. You can also rent paddle boards and kayaks but as previous posters indicated, the water is not clear.
Not necessarily a swimming beach but a great park like setting to enjoy. As all Singapore beaches, the tankers consume the water view. Lots of activity !

1  Thank Stella081

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We rent a two person bicycle and cycling around there.good experience. But the bike condition so so only. Anyway is not expensive to rent the bike, haha. We had our dinner in that area. Difficult to get a seat and food is similar to other Asian food. Basically mostly fried and grill. The cleanliness is the area they need to improve.

2  Thank Tsai C
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We enjoyed a few hours at East Park cycling and lunching. It is an easy flat ride, mostly shaded and the view of the cargo ships and overhead flights over the water is pretty cool. We combined it with lunch at Red Lantern which was quite good.

I can't imagine swimming in the water though.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We always enjoy cycling here! There are separate tracks for cyclist and for people taking a stroll or jogging.

It's lovely view of the beach. You can place a mat and get a tan here too!

There are many stalls where you can rent a bicycle and enjoy exploring. We love the 24 hours roti prata place!

1  Thank MrGoh
Reviewed May 19, 2014

As a temporary resident of Singapore, I sometimes forget that we are an island. Recently I have been exploring the different beaches here, and so far I feel that East Coast Park is the best place in Singapore to spend a couple hours on the beach. The water here is cleaner here than Sentosa, I think because the current is stronger here. I was very happy to find that there is no oil sheen on the surface of the water here, like you will see on Sentosa. However, my son did crawl on his knees a bit and came up with a pretty solid oil smudge on his knee, which wouldn't wipe away. I don't recommend going underwater … keep your ears and eyes dry, for your over all health. There are no shells to collect, however we have consistently found pieces of granite, which is kind of fun. Last weekend we met a local man who was net fishing, and he caught a baby pufferfish! That was fun for us. We enjoy spending about 2 hours at a time on the beach, it's usually pretty quiet (don't go on Sundays, it's over run with helpers & construction workers). It's a nice get away with a great breeze, view of the ships and storms rolling in.

2  Thank lauraBlinkman