“Very disappointing and over priced!”
Review of Platters - CLOSED

Platters
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: New restaurant on Club street, Singapore
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were quite charmed by the concept when passing by one evening just to take a drink. However when we decided to have dinner were deeply disappointed. The food was pre- cooked and heated, nothing was freshly cooked. Like the left over coming from the oven. The ribs were all full of fat, the beef dry in the outside and the few veggies soaked in vac sauce. Really after a good start the owners should watch the quality of what comes to the table. The space is too casual for the prices asked. Never again.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Loved the atmosphere and the food fantastic. If you are a meat lover, this is the place to go.great selections on wines, but very limited beer assortment available. I can highly recommend this place, good for a nice dinner for two or great for a group. Food comes always on large wooden platters for two or more people.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

A combination of great food platters and very affordable fine quality wine make this restaurant a very special find. We will be back. Thoroughly enjoyed all three platters.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've visited Platters twice, my first time was in October and then in November. So i managed to try the creation of their 2nd and their 3rd chef. Unique yet so tasty food, well priced, love how they serve all your foods in wooden plate. The only thing that makes me sad is, since they already changed to the 3rd chef, i can't taste the DELICIOUS lemongrass mousse from the 2nd chef anymore, it was lovely!

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Hubby and I were fortunate enough to be taken to Platters by a couple of friends who live in Singapore. We would never have found this little gem on our own! We had a late dinner on a Friday night (9pm reservation), and did so as this restaurant is pretty much booked solid from around 6pm.

The decor is minimal and edgy. There were high tables with bar stool type seating at the front then more traditional tables and chairs at the rear of the restaurant. To your left as you walk in, there are two large blackboards with an extensive wine list.

The menu is designed for sharing and can be ordered as full size or half size. What this means is the dish is presented on a wooden board (like a chopping board), the half size being around 40cm long and the full size around 70cm long.

We ordered a half size of the salmon dish which consisted of some pepper crusted sashimi style salmon, a salmon tartare with thin brioche toast and salt and pepper whitebait. This dish was my favourite, I just loved it!

We also ordered a half size of the duck dish, which was like a duck and fried wonton pizza that was cut into about 8 pieces. I am not a fan of duck but my dining colleagues said it was delicious.

Lastly we also had a full size of the beef dish (sorry I can't recall the names of them from the menu). This dish comprised of 3 different meats, there was a chicken winglet which had been marinated in a honey, soy type marinade (with some Chinese spices), a tender beef cut which was presented sliced, and a pork with crispy skin and an almond crust.

Between the four of us we could not finish everything (maybe 3 half boards would have been best) though we all really tried as it is a shame to let such good food go to waste!

If you have ever been to a restaurant called The Greenhouse in Perth, Australia this place reminded me a lot of there. It has a similar ambience and style of dining.

The service was good, efficient and friendly without being obtrusive. In true Singapore style, it would probably most be accurately described as efficient.

The bill was around SGD$150 for the four of us which included bottled water and a cocktail each. This was pretty good value for money and all of us really enjoyed ourselves.

Definitely worth a visit to what I am sure will not remain a secret for much longer!!