All reviewsfood courtlittle indiafarrer parkbudget hotelbus stoplavender streetmrt stationsmall hotelconvenience storejalanbesarmustafatoothbrusheateriesstallsindianchinatown
Reviewed August 15, 2012

i stayed in this hotel in July for 2 nights and was a little apprehensive about staying here as there didn't seem to be many reviews.

But my fears were unfounded - this is a lovely hotel in a great location. The hotel has been recently refurbished so everything was very new, I stayed in a Standard Queen room on the Ground floor which was more than adequate for my needs, and I would say is a good size for two people. Room was big, clean and had a tv with a good range of tv channels. My room didn't have a window but I believe this is quite normal for may hotels in Singapore - the only downside was that there was just a simple wooden rail with a few hangers for clothes - was fine for me as i was only staying a few days but guess would be annoying if you were staying for longer. The bathroom was more of a wet room so nothing separating shower and toilet, but very good shower and some toiletries were provided as standard like toothbrush and toothpaste.

Free WiFi was available in your room and free bottles of water everyday and a big plus point for me - lots of plug points (its a pet hate that many hotels often have one plug point and its always inconveniently located!) . Its worth noting the floor in the rooms was tiled which can be quite cold - but they do provide slippers! I would definitely use this hotel again as i found it exceptionally good value and well placed for public transport.

I would also recommend the restaurant on the top floor of the 24 hour Mustafa centre - this is a 10 minute walk from the hotel, there's also a number of good veggie restaurants around the same area (Little India)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank RaRaUk
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights in July 2012 in a standard room (n.218) for 105 SGD + tax per night.
Pros : everything it’s new and good quality: sheets, bed (very comfortable), towels, furniture, taps, shower; it’s spotlessly clean; good AC, good size safe, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, good wi-fi (in reception there was a computer for guests’ use, too), kettle, 2 bottles of water every day, in-room amenities; the staff was very kind and helpful in giving information and they speak good English, too; free storage room for luggage; very good location: we used the fast and cheap MRT from/to airport (Lavender Station and 10/15 minutes walk), bus stop just in front of the hotel (n. 147 to Chinatown, n. 857 to Raffles Hotel and n. 133 from Marina Bay to Eminent Plaza), 7/11 and Lavender food court (excellent!) in front, walking distance to Little India.
Cons: the room was very small (different from the pictures in their website) and only the bathroom had a window facing a courtyard, but we knew it; only a small hanger for clothes; noise late in the evening from people walking in the corridors (no carpet, but a nice old and restored tile floor everywhere); no curtain or glass to divide shower from the rest of the bathroom.
We recommend this hotel if you want a cheap and good place to stay in Singapore.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dale63
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I has just been there for 4 days stay with my brother. Maybe because I booked the standard room with discount, so they put us in an extremely noisy room, at the corner of 2 streets, but it was not the worst.
At midnights, some noise from the street and even next door (water, door-knocking, etc) woke us up, even we spent all days on the street till midnight and we should have slept well. I got advice from people there that we should ask for a street far away from street, but I did not notice it, but if you want to book this hotel, please note that as 1 of the most important.
Bathroom: Small, but fine to us. So this should take 3/5 except 1 hook for hanging clothes.
The location? Near Mustafa Center and about 15-20 min walk to both MRT (Farrer Park or Lavender), so it is alright.
The service is fine enough. Advantage points that you can request the iron and iron board for free, internet free as well.
Overall, I think the room we stayed was not good enough with the total price (about 130 USD/night) so I will find another place to stay. And if I go solo, I prefer to choose a better place with dorm instead.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TDTT
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Hotel prices in Singapore appear to be sky high.but this a relatively well priced hotel.We stayed 2 nights as a stopover to Thailand.I would recommend this hotel for a short stay.Very clean and close to MRT which means you can get around the city easy.Not far from airport as well. Free WiFi worked great and fast.biggest problem was there is no divider between shower and toilet which is not good.great service at reception and from staff. As a whole these are basic small rooms nothing fancy but if you looking for budget this hotel is perfect.Off most importance is that the beds are comfortable.No breakfast provided but if you like south Asian food walk across road to food court.Alternatively you can take MRT to any where in city to get western food.It is also useful to have a small fridge in rooms, unfortunately these rooms don't have.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel is located very close to Lavender and Farrer Park mrt both are like 10 minutes walk and also very close to bus stops which makes travel around the hotel very easy. Also it's surrounded by many 24 hours food joints, Seven Eleven stores and 24 hours Mustafa Shopping Mall. The Staff were excellent and very helpful. Hotel is maintained in a very clean manner with new furniture and bathroom fittings. They offer free WiFi and a laptop station as well for guests. I was upgraded to an Executive room which was bigger than the standard room at no extra cost. Overall I loved my stay.

Room Tip: Do not take a road side facing room. The rooms facing the Road were very noisy at night with vehicles passing by and had very disturbed sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family