“Face your fears”

Ranked #29 of 822 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The breath-taking connection between Faber Peak Singapore and Sentosa Island Established since 1974, Singapore Cable Car is the nation's first and only cableway that links Faber Peak on mainland Singapore to the island resort of Sentosa, before flying you to the Merlion or the sandy beach at Siloso. Today, the cable car rides are enjoyed across a Cable Car Sky Network of more than 100 cabins spanning almost 5 kilometres on the Mount Faber Line and the Sentosa Line. A 'joyride' across the Cable Car Sky Network offers a 360-degree aerial and visual treat of the entire Sentosa-HarbourFront skyline and the resort island. The scenery transforms as the cabins soar above the forest, through a skyscraper, over the harbour and travel across the jungle, sand and sea. Our passionate service ambassadors are on hand to create happy moments for all cable car joyriders. Singapore Cable Car Opening Hours: From 8.45am to 10pm (Last boarding: 9.30pm)
Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Face your fears”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Its great ,you can see evrywhere,its scarey,its so high up ,I went with the angry bird in our cable car ,The ride was smooth and easy the view outstanding, a must do,it goes for about 45 minutes across to Sentosa,I never thought I would do it,i'm glad I did.

1 Thank threetoone

• Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“nice views of the bay, annoying Angry Birds promo in Dec”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My bf was pretty eager to ride the cable car during the day so as to take better photos of the view, but we couldn't fit it into our already packed itinerary, so we ended up taking it back at night. Good thing though, because we got the Adult Promotion Entry Pass, SG Cable Car - Night Rider for only $39 for 2 people! Included an Angry Birds popcorn and a free gift if we went to The Jewel Box.

The view overlooking all the twinkly lights over the bay was quite nice. Unfortunately, our cameras didn't take very good night shots, so we had to try to enjoy the view with our eyes only. The annoying Angry Birds song was playing on a small flat-screen in the cable car.

I wasn't super in awe of the cable car, as I've ridden plenty of them in Switzerland, but what did amaze me was how we got the whole cable car to ourselves instead of having to share with other riders. That was nice. The car could have easily fit 8 peeps.

We got off at HarbourFront and actually exited the building, completely forgetting about our gift, and then I realized and made my tired and hungry bf go back in to get the gift. So we got back in the cable car, went to Mount Faber, and discovered that The Jewel Box was nothing more than a bunch of fancy restaurants that we would not be patronizing. If this was Mount Faber Leisure Group's way of directing traffic there, then it didn't make any sense at all, because sweaty, casually dressed tourists would not be entering a fancy restaurant for dinner. Plus, the "free gift" was just some apple juice in a plastic sippy cup. Angry Birds-themed again. So lame.

I wanted to bring the cups back to Switzerland, just because we went through so much trouble to get them, but alas, they did not fit into our small luggage, so we left them at the hotel for hopefully someone else to enjoy.

So all-in-all, we rode the cable car three times and got: one plain one, one decked out with fake flower garlands, and one with Angry Birds design on the bench and also a huge (and somewhat dirty-looking) plush doll on the seat.

I'm not sure if the Angry Birds promotion helped or hindered the whole experience. I thought it was cute, but a bit commercial

“Trip with the cablecar”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

It was a great trip. We had a beautiful sight. We recommend this trip. Last time when we were here we couldn't take the cablecar,because it was broken. Now the experience was great. We enjoy the view.

Singapore, Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great view if nothing else.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The whole angry birds thing was a bit OTT for me, but it was great just to do a round trip and see the views. Did it during the day, would go back at night for a different perspective. Spectacular scenery, no need to get off at either end.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Danielle N
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the best way to get in Sentosa! great view at night! highly recommended!

The only thing is the music of the angry bird there is too loud which disturb the ambience of the journey.

1 Thank DiegoAhmad