“Enjoed it”

Naumi Liora
Ranked #105 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“Enjoed it”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Helpful, friendly staff. Modern decor, fast WiFi and plenty of eateries around. Awesome heritage building. Small rooms with no windows, but modern and clean. Complimentary coffee machine and candy bar win me over.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank kerwi89
Pjey M, General Manager at Naumi Liora, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear kerwi89,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for us. We are absolutely delighted to know that you have found your hotel stay to be a positive one. We hope to see you again at Naumi Liora soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were greeted by lovely staff who opened the front door and bought our lugguge in for us. They then offered us tea and coffee, took our bags up to our room and gave us helpful advice on how to find our way around Singapore. Our room was very clean and while it was small it didn't bother us as the only time we spent at the hotel was to sleep. When we arrived back to the hotel late most nights our room had always been cleaned with fresh towels and bottled water. One of the highlights of this hotel is the 24hr complimentary candy bar (with oreos, icecream, coffee, tea and biscuits). The hotel is also in a great location, only 3 minutes walk to the Outram Park MRT and a 5 minute walk to the Chinatown markets and shopping centres (which all have great food)! We also went on a few tours and the hotel staff were always happy to book these in for us and arrange taxis whenever we needed them. All the staff were friendly and extremely helpful, particulary Henny who always went above and beyond to help us! I will be recommending this hotel to all my family and friends! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Danni S
Dear Danni S,

Thank you for your fantastic review. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us here at Naumi Liora. Your kind words which will certainly motivate our staff to strive harder to exceed the expectations of every guest. We are also thrilled to know that you will be recommending our hotel to your friends and family, and we certainly look forward to welcoming them with the same amount of passion and enthusiasm.
Saint-Chinian, France
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The property consists of ten renovated shop-houses. Rooms are small but comfortable, well appointed and clean. Property is very well maintained.

Although it is only four blocks from the Chinatown Heritage Center with its tourist traps the hotel itself and the street it is onis not touristy. Several nice restaurants just up the street.

Three minutes walk to Outram Park MRT station.

1 Thank Anders A
Dear 331Anders,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us. We are so delighted that you have found so many aspects of our hotel attractive. Your kind words which will certainly motivate our staff to strive harder to exceed the expectations of every guest. We look forward to welcoming you again when your travel takes you back to Singapore.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel from the photos on tripadvisor and the lovely friendly service at check in late last night. I even maintained hope when I got to the room and saw that it was much tinier than what I thought it would be. What I'm really annoyed about though is the fact that when I booked it three weeks ago I specifically requested a quiet room as I'm a light sleeper - it's written on my reservation confirmation - and I've been listening to cars and trucks pass all night. Those friendly staff at the front desk have said they have no record of my request but will try to move me to a better room today for my remaining two nights. If they can't I think I'll pay the currently-very-high rates for a proper hotel in the Orchard Rd area (I usually stay at the Four Seasons or The Regent). I've foolishly pre-paid my full 3 night stay but will suck-it-up and just forfeit the other two nights. Note to the architects who designed this hotel: Nobody knows better than me that small spaces can be great if they're designed properly (my 29 sq m apartment in Sydney is a joy to live in and has been published 4 times) but this one isn't. The tiny shower stall that's cramped in beside a pillar in a bathroom that could've taken a bigger shower area has a tap jutting out at waist height that I kept scraping myself on when I turned around. Why is there even a tap in such a tiny shower stall anyway? And why is there a towel rail jutting dangerously into the centre of the tiny room? Overall a very disappointing experience in this hotel that while seeming a reasonably priced alternative is actually very bad value for money.

Room Tip: I have no tips for selecting a good room. I did all I could when booking but still ended up with a b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear MattJamesEager,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us. It is truly unfortunate that our rooms are not up to your expectations. We will certainly look into improving those areas in future. We hope that your recent stay has not marred your opinion of the brand and we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This time, I decided to move and shorten my stay at this hotel as I can't stand to stay any more in the super tiny room with a super tiny bathroom which is always wet every time you take shower. Moreover, The noise comes from everywhere ie. door closing from neighbors and every moves from the wooden squeaky corridor not just from the quests but also the staffs. I stayed on 2nd floor and the noise comes from all angles even from the top floor. At night, the noise comes from the garbage collection truck. The loud music from ground floor. Noise is really disturbing & annoying. The breakfast is the next door restaurant which is quite boring with cold cut and no choice. I used to stay here before but no more.

Room Tip: Search other hotel.
1 Thank visitor1210
Dear visitor1210,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Naumi Liora. It is, however, unfortunate that our rooms are not up to your expectations. We will certainly look into improving those areas in future. We hope that your recent stay has not marred your opinion of the brand and we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel but as other reviewers have said, it's not worth it for the price. I stayed in a "Quaint" room - there were no windows and pretty much can only afford to fit a double bed. As I was in town for work and only stayed one night, it wasn't too bad. However, I can imagine it being too cramped if I'm on holiday. I also wasn't too pleased to see the carpet hadn't been properly vacuumed and had some hair on it (which wasn't mine). I do appreciate the location of the hotel, which is walking distance to the business district as well as a couple hawker centers like Maxwell and Hong Lim.

2 Thank michie94
Dear michie94,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us. It is to our regret that you have unfortunately, experienced some service lapses. We will definitely look into this and make improvements to serve our guests better. We hope that your recent stay has not marred your opinion of the hotel and we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Beijing, China
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Regarding the room, it's awfully small. The most terrible thing is it doesn't has a window. The wall is so thin that you can hear the heavy breathing noise from the fellow at the adjacent room.

Most of the comment here mentioned good services thought. However, I would like to share my experiences on asking the front desk to help me to get a cab on 6am. The staff has no experiences whatsoever to call a cab at such an early time. He tried to call the taxi station but no one answer. He refused to go outside to get a cab for us because there's only 2 people at the front desk. (I do believe that 1 person at the front desk should be ok o handle any customer at 6am). Finally, we walked outside and got a cab ourself which almost made us to miss the flight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PaulBeijing_China
Dear PaulBeijing_China,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It is however, unfortunate that our rooms are not to your expectations. We hope your recent stay has not marred your opinion of the hotel and we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Warm Regards