“A Delightful Experience”
Review of Naumi Liora

Naumi Liora
Ranked #106 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The ambiance is uniquely modern, and the hotel is fragrant. We were encouraged to try the free nibbles, ice cream and coffee neatly presented at the reception. The staff are very warm and we really felt welcome. The hotel is ideally located near shopping and food centers, and Outram station is just a 5-minute walk. We booked a standard room which was a little compact, but was compensated by a very comfortable bed and strong Wifi.

This hotel gives you a modern homey feel. The staff, if I may emphasize, are the best. Our stay with Naumi Liora was truly a delightful and memorable experience. This hotel is highly recommended when you visit Singapore.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan_0402
NaumiHotels, Public Relations Manager at Naumi Liora, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Ivan0402,
Thank you for your review and I am very happy to hear that the level of service was just one of the highlights of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Naumi Liora for more comfortable and delightful stays!

There are newer reviews for Naumi Liora

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Used to stay at this same hotel when it was called The Saff. I always stayed in a smaller room with no windows as preferred the quiet. Be warned the 3rd floor rooms are small, similar to some hotels in Tokyo, but offer modern fittings, plenty of plugs either side of bed, good lighting, a safe, tea/coffee making equipment and comfortable bed/pillows. The hotel does have lift access which is a bonus, but the stairs are easy to navigate, wide and in sections not all at once.

New owners have taken out the desk, chair and wardrobe but added a better storage unit although the shirts hang outside and not hidden.

Shower isn't a full enclosure so remember to not place the towel on the floor before, remove the toilet roll (you need to move this to use the loo most times as rather awkward setting) and remove the towels from the cabinet at the bottom of sink...otherwise it'll all get wet...oh and keep the door closed otherwise your bed may get wet!

Room service didn't change the sheets until I asked and didn't replace the shampoo's etc daily but a quick chat in the morning sorted this out.

Reception is spacious and there is breakfast available on some packages at the next door restaurant. Free WIFI in rooms which was great with good connection and speed also.

Always a hello or goodbye from reception when you came and left and they have kept the old hotels swipe RFID card for access late night entry to hotel and room access which is so much easier than fumbling for a door card to open.

There are snacks and tea/coffee in the reception and a small collection of daily newspapers.

Very close to Chinatown, the MRT and great food and shops in the local vicinity. There is a 7/11 a few doors up from the hotel which is open 24hrs and is convenient for anything you may need.

Overall an excellent hotel and friendly staff. I will be staying very frequently so hope they keep this standard up.

Room Tip: 3rd floor quiet but very small
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear APAC J,
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the refreshing transformation Naumi Liora has seen since its days known as The Saff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your subsequent visits and will definitely work towards not just maintaining the current standards but improving further!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My first stay at the Naumi.I enjoy staying in the area so gave this hotel a try.First impressions from the staff were excellent.Very friendly and helpful.I had requested a quiet room if possible and was given a room on the third floor.I knew in advance that the room would be compact.No problem for me and enjoyed the way they had made use of the space.No window in the room but fine with that as no outside noise.Only down side you could sometime hear the room's next door bathroom being used.Breakfast is in a cafe next door.No hot choices available but the food on offer was adequate.Free tea, coffee and snacks available in the lobby and the WI-FI worked well.Maybe they could put some milk in the room as they did provide tea and coffee to use.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear stretford79,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you had a most pleasant stay in our lead-in room category. We will take your feedback regarding the inclusion of milk for coffee and tea in our rooms into consideration.
We hope you'll choose to stay at Naumi Liora again when your travels bring you back to Singapore!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed five days and four nights in this property. It was indeed a pleasant experience. The behavior of the staff makes you feel comfortable. The size of the rooms are small, particularly when you no windows sometimes you get a choking sensation. There should a writing table and chair, because all your writing and reading work has to be carried out in the bed only.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank satish m

Dear satish m,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad that you described your stay as a comfortable one, despite the compact room sizes. May we invite you back to experience a more spacious room category, such as the Liora Porch or Liora Heritage, during your future visits? These rooms are equipped with study tables for your reading and writing pleasure as well.
Thank you again, and we hope to be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights.

Advantages : great location, relatively close to the metro (Outram park), gay friendly, walking distance form bars ( tantrum and backstage ), walking distance from verity of restaurants and from the wine bar.
"hit the spot" kind of refreshments at the lobby free of charge. ( try the mini ice cream it's yummy)
The room has universal plugs so there was no need for adaptors.

Elevator was stuck when we got there ( they have only one elevator )
Breakfast was included but the buffet was very limited.
No plugs for hair dryer in the shower, no extra room by the mirror in the shower only under the sink. Very thin walls. We could hear everything out side the room.
Most importantly, the room we stayed in had the bed directed towards the Air Conditioner. Turning on the air was essential because of the high humidity so we had no choice but to leave it on. It's a problem if you wear contact lenses because the wind will dry your eyes.

Overall, it was a good experience. So if you have a 2-3 days in Singapore I will recommend you book with them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear karinhnl,
Thank you for your review. We hope the hiccup in elevator service did not cause you a great deal of inconvenience during your stay and we will take all other feedback into consideration. I'm glad that overall, you rated your stay on a positive note and that Nibbles was a welcoming refreshment.
We hope you will choose Naumi Liora again if your travels bring you back to Singapore- please do contact our reservations team directly, we will be happy to find you a room where the air conditioning system is located further from the bed.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked using Agoda and I didn't 'read' the room description properly as I was in a hurry. So the windowless rooms kind of blew me away. I managed to get past that however and thanks to the helpful staff, I really enjoyed my stay. The Nespresso machine and snacks in the lobby added a casual ambience, the staff presented themselves with class. I had the Quaint room and it had everything I needed (empty mini bar though). Very clean and the hotel itself had interesting decor and architecture. It is ideally located in Chinatown, everything is accessible. Value for money in relation to the offer on Agoda given hotels are so expensive in Singapore. Moreover, I left something in my room and only discovered it was missing a week later, I emailed the hotel and they had it in their lost & found items and have posted it to me. I highly recommend this for a single traveler or a couple on short trips.

Room Tip: The porch rooms have a door that allows you a view and natural light. I did ask to see a room with a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
NaumiHotels, Public Relations Manager at Naumi Liora, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear naturalcookie,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you were able to overlook the fact that your room did not have windows and enjoyed every other aspect of your stay. I'm especially proud that Liora Aides were particularly helpful in helping you retrieve your missing item- we strive to provide the best service standards in all our properties.
We look forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to Singapore.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The decoration for hotel lobby is super and the staffs are friendly. Good location nearby MRT. Snack bar at lobby is good and good to have coffee machine in room too. However the room is too small and a bit noisy as you can hear people talking from corridor. Agree with others said the shower is not convenient as no door, so easy to make the washroom wet.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bonbonma

Dear bonbonma,
Thank you for your review. We acknowledge the relatively more compact room sizes at Naumi Liora, which is standard for most heritage hotels that strive to strike a balance between maintaining the original configuration while still maximizing the available space and outfitting the rooms with essentials.
However, I'm glad that what stood out to you was the service, decor and complimentary refreshments at Nibbles.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to experience our more spacious Liora Porch rooms on your future visits!