All reviews bugis street little india sim lim square taxi stand cup noodles bus stop budget hotel walking distance mrt station convenient location clean rooms exploring singapore tea coffee early check family room hotel is located food court
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2019

Booked here based on high ratings and felt a bit deceived. The room was small and we saw we were actually in one of the larger ones. The bed was uncomfortable and the bath was small. A return visit will not be made here.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in the Summer view hotel.
It is approx 7 mins walk to Rochor metro station and ideally located to walk to Little India and the Arab quarter.
The hotel is spotless, room is a little on the small side but that is typical for Singapore.
Staff were great, very helpful and printed out our boarding cards for us.
Breakfast was approx £8 per person if not booked with the room and was adequate. Not lots of choice if you're veggy but toast, baked beans one day and fruit will set you up for a day sightseeing

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2019

Summer View Hotel is clean and functional. It is clearly designed for short stays (there is no wardrobe, for example, just a bar for clothes hangers). The staff are friendly and helpful. We arrived early and they kindly made the room available before normal check-in time and a second pillow was readily available. The location is very central: colonial Singapore and museums are at a walkable distance, and there is easy access to the MRT stations.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2019

I tried this place after staying at another very well-known but now-shabby budget hotel in the Bugis area. The Summer View's deluxe rooms with a street view are on the small side, but sparkling clean.

The big advantage is the location on Bencoolen St.; a few minutes from the Rochor MRT station, a few minutes farther to Bugis station. Two main bus stops are just across the street, as is the busy Albert food court, where I went for breakfast. The hotel offers breakfast and lunch service.

The National Museum is within walking distance, as is Bugis Village and its shopping malls. I've even walked back from the National Gallery.

The staff are helpful with info about which buses to take to get to Chinatown and destinations such as the Asian Civilizations Museum.

The hotel is on the route of the shuttle bus from the airport, which stops in front of it, and it has a taxi stand as well. I plan to stay there again on my next visit.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

I discovered Summer View Hotel in Instagram. It was a chic hotel with a modern look, clean lines, relaxing color scheme of brown and white and modest amenities. I especially enjoyed the happy tray complete with chips, cup noodles and tissue, which were all for free. Basic amenities were present. As a Christian, I was amazed to see a Bible in the desk. The location is convenient as it is near Rochor and Bencoolen stations, as well as walking distance to Bugis area. A huge kudos to the Housekeeping for always keeping the room clean (I stayed for 5 days). Value for money and well recommended. I will definitely stay here again next time I go to SG.

Trip type: Traveled solo