“Definitely not luxurious but location is perfect.”
Review of Summer View Hotel

Summer View Hotel
Ranked #119 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you intend to explore singapore the entire day and you're just looking for a clean & decent place to sleep at night, this is the hotel for you. The hotel is just walking distance from bugis station, night market, electronic shops and hawkers. The free bus to universal studios for foreign tourists stops right outside the hotel. There's also a public bus stop right across the street.

Be warned though that the room is very small. So small that if you open your suitcase on the floor, you will have no more space to walk on. This can be very tricky if there are 2 or 3 people in the room. Bathroom is also small and has no exhaust.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Staff were very helpful and knowledgable about area. Bugis market is right on the doorstep for bargains galour. Central for buses. Take a trip on the river boat. Rooms were clean, not very modern but everything you need. Breakfast in the restaurant next door, buffet style, this was a bonus,again helpful staff. A very affordable hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week whilst on my first solo trip abroad! The service was great and a free continental breakfast at Lemon 3 Thai Restaurant next door every morning was a bonus. The breakfast generally remains the same so if you feel like something different then feel free to walk down the street for something else. Breakfast served included sausages, hash browns, pancakes, toast, fresh fruit, egg, bacon, tea & coffee, juice, fried rice... and that's all I can remember!
The hotel is about a 10min walk from the closest MRT (train station) - Dhouby Ghaut which is a fantastic MRT to be close to because 3 of the 4 lines run through it so it's nice and easy for you to get to places :) The hotel is also pretty much opposite Bugis Street Markets.
They do not provide any toiletries so remember to pack your own!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Donna T
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Lemon 3 Thai Restaurant in Singapore:

Hi, I may be repeating myself here, but on my last day in SG I have promised the Owner of the Restaurant that I would write something about the place.
Doing it as those lovely people really deserve good write up.
The place is connected to Summer View Hotel; Bencoolen St. SG.
An inexpensive place in very good location and very helpful staff.
I happened to stay next door to' Lemon 3 Thai' and got seduced one night when I was so tired,
I decided to stay put and eat there. As opposed to roaming nearby food places.
The food was great.
Aromatic, spicy and super fresh. … I like Thai food again!
The service was excellent as well.
Yes, I may sound a bit over enthusiastic here, but for very good reason.
Due to strict no smoking rules in SG – I had to come down from my hotel room to have cigarette.
Yes, most of you readers are habit free by now, but for a few remaining addict like me – this may be interesting.
And I am not promoting addiction here – just this super friendly restaurant.
They have couple of tables outside with the modest sign: “Smoker’s Corner’.
U can use them as long as the restaurant is open.
After 10.30 pm. - the chairs are chained up for obvious reasons.
Being an insomniac and chain smoker – I would sit outside ‘till late hours of the night.
Those nice people, would leave a chair for me – regardless of me eating their food or not at any given night.
They would let me use their table for hours while I wrote ‘volumes’ in my note book.
(I returned their kindness and did not take over the space while they were busy).

Super polite, friendly people and I can honestly recommend the food.
Inexpensive and … GOOD!!!!
I have enjoyed every minute in' Lemon 3 Thai' and would like to recommend it to everybody who is bored with endless Hawkers surrounding the place.
A bit of ‘Affordable Class’ for a change.
Once again >>> I can’t stress enough how nice the people running this place are.
Curry Prawns to die for!

Room Tip: I was trying to review Lemon 3 Thai restaurant adjacent to Summer View hotel here. Trip Advisor woul...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank anka w
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Location is very good, the room we got is clean and nice smelling, the bedlinens are high quality, amenities are ok. We got a room with a window, and even without asking the receptionist, he gave us a queen-sized bed and he said so that the "baby" (pertaining to my 5 yr old daughter) will not fall off the bed. He's also very friendly and accommodating. I like chatting with him and he seems to know what customer service is all about.

However, since the room is small, they only have the old style television set, they didn't provide bathrobes and slippers, toothcare kits and shower caps. The liquid soap and shampoo are in dispensers (though this is a good idea if they aim to minimize the use of disposable plastic containers). There are no bubble baths provided and the hair dryer is attached outside the bathroom.

The conceirge guy who is already senior citizen does not smile much but we don't hold it against him, he's very alert and quick to help. as in very very quick and knows his job well. The restaurant where we had our buffet breakfast is far from grand but it's fine. Buffet food is good enough, nothing fancy. Pinoy waiter is friendly.

Will recommend this one to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank 999alp999
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We booked this last minute and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the rooms. Staff went out of their way to help & to advise on transport & restaurants etc. Breakfast wasn't great but was included in the price of the room. Location is good with an easy walk into the city. 5 mins to Raffles & the famous Long Bar.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lp23egg
Reviewed January 20, 2013

only overnight stop , each way, to and from thailand islands so stayed there on two separate occasions. fist trip chose to get there by mtr rail from airport, just s$3 (£1.50) took about 30 mins excellent experience, on arrival hotel knew who we were before we even said our names. extra bed in room as requested for daughter. lovely friendly staff. room small but adequate for stopover. clean but tired looking. excellently located and we were easily able to explore most of singapores attractions on each occassion of our visit , would stay again for a stop over but probably not for longer periods. good base and confortable sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family