We wanted a simple and affordable place to stay on a stopover on our way to Europe. We knew we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in our room (as we arrived in the evening, had tours booked the next morning then headed to the airport in the afternoon)so we didn't want to spend a fortune just for a bed. The Metro Y was ideal for our needs as it was very clean and comfortable ( I think our room had been recently renovated) and a cheap cab fare to everywhere we wanted to go (such as Orchard Rd).
It is by no means a 'flash hotel' but it is not trying to be. It is however, a great clean, cheap accommodation option.
The only downside was we had no hot water (which is why I didn't give it full marks) but I think this was due to the renovations going on elsewhere in the hotel at the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a stone's throw away from dazzling Orchard Road and nestled amidst refreshing greenery just minutes away UNESCO World Heritage Site The Singapore Botanical Gardens, The Metropolitan Y is sure to delight you during your stay in Singapore. 98 Well appointed rooms and 27 apartments/suites, you are sure to find one to meet your needs. Friendly and knowledgeable Front Desk agents are ready to help you co-ordinate your stay in fabulous Singapore! We are a non-profit social enterprise, all our proceeds goes towards our community work locally. When you stay or dine with us, you help us in our greater purpose! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Metropolitan YMCA Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Ymca Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Metropolitan Ymca Hotel Singapore
- Ymca Singapore