I lived in Singapore for 11+ years and return often.
The Metro Y is my favourite place to stay. It gives good value for money, is in a brilliant location (handy to the main drag and also to places like the Botanical gardens) and the facilities are adequate to my needs. The staff are accommodating and helpful.
Be warned though. The Y is presently under renovation. That means no swimming pool (apart from the tiny pool over at the apartments) and bothersome noises from contractors, drilling etc.
Something else to watch: the cheaper rooms have no window (that suits me fine) but others may find it off-putting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a stone's throw away from dazzling Orchard Road and nestled amidst refreshing greenery just minutes away UNESCO World Heritage Site The Singapore Botanical Gardens, The Metropolitan Y is sure to delight you during your stay in Singapore. 98 Well appointed rooms and 27 apartments/suites, you are sure to find one to meet your needs. Friendly and knowledgeable Front Desk agents are ready to help you co-ordinate your stay in fabulous Singapore! We are a non-profit social enterprise, all our proceeds goes towards our community work locally. When you stay or dine with us, you help us in our greater purpose! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Metropolitan YMCA Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Ymca Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Metropolitan Ymca Hotel Singapore
- Ymca Singapore