Metropolitan YMCA Singapore
$286
$190
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$162
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$119
$181
$358
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$148
$408
$277
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsorchard roadbus stopreception and dining areameeting facilitiesasian stylemrt stationserviced apartmentbotanical gardensbreakfast was includedwasher dryergreat place to staysized roomnoodleshotel staffground floorconvenient hotelfree wifi
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here from Oct 16-19
Just one bus and you can catch Orchard Center

My room is 322, wifi is suck, too weak...may be because me room in the conner...
Just yellow light, so will be a bit hard if you wanna read...

Buffet for breakfast is so so, not so good, not many foods, but fill immediacy when it's empty

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ThaoMK
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear ThaoMK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with The Metropolitan YMCA in October 2012 and taking the time to review your stay.

Firstly, please accept my apologies that the WIFI signal was weak in your room, we have since looked at the connectivity and rectified this shortfall. Your feedback on the room lighting and breakfast were also noted and we have keep these information in view for our next upgrade.

Indeed, we are actually just a 5 mins ride away from glitzy Orchard Road! Thank you for pointing that out. I hope that during your next visit to Singapore, we will continue to have the honor to be your choice of accommodation.

Till then, best regards,
Catherine Lee

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived early, I had begun to feel ill on the plane from Bali, our hometown. The ride from the airport was $25, not very long, and very easy. We were there at 9.30am, but I was becoming even more ill! The very friendly staff checked us in early, without a word. Sadly, I spent the next 24 hours in bed! Then my husband came down with a migraine! But they knew we were ill and didn't bother us at all, even at check out.

This has to be the best (about to be revealed) secret in Singapore. We paid $125 inc taxes.

The room is a good size, very very clean, comfy bed (should know!) with heavy curtains. There is a small fridge to bring in your own stocks (many hotels forbid this). The bathroom is very clean, small, but looks recently re-done.

No-smoking (yay!) and a doona, + blanket.

There is a huge tennis court, which doubles for basketball, and massive pool.

It is about a 20 min walk from Orchid Rd, or 5 minutes on the bus ($1.10). Watch Saturdays though, very busy. But still acceptable.

Food is fantastic and very reasonably priced. I think water was a bit overpriced ($2) but, had we not been ill, we could have got our own in, so not much for the convenience. Plus, they let you take food from the restaurant up to the room.

Check in staff (2/11) were fantastic. Thank you!

This is a wonderful spot. If you need a room, rather than a palace, I fully recommend this as a very seasoned traveller. Check out if you want to be 20 min walk from town (you will need to get bus or cab to restaurants), but I think it's worth it! Paid the same for a lot less in Melbourne.

Breakfast included. Didn't eat it, but it looked fabulous and by the amount of people just coming in for a meal, must be good. Def. very good value, and freshly cooked.

The only negative is if you are a light sleeper. The traffic can be heard from the rooms. It does back off around 9pm, didn't bother me. Dark curtains were great.

Thumbs up YMCA, will see you again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for as far away from Stevens Rd if you are a light sleeper, or using room during the day.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Creatavision
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was our second stay at the YMCA within 6 weeks.
I will only go into details about major differences from the first review.

I have to mention the first time we stayed at a basic room, now we had a deluxe room as all basic rooms were booked.

Unfortunately it already started no so good when we were greeted with a weird look from the receptionist. After my initial "Hello, we have a reservation." he answered with "Today?". Still we managed to check in. Now for our 220 SGD including tax room per night, no one showed us the room or bothered to help with the luggage, which they did the first time.

The unconfurtable part started during the second night. First our room neighbours were pretty loud until about midnight. The big problem was that the started shouting again around 7 am in the morning, so I did call the reception to complain. They told me to send someone up to have a look. The result was more shouting and phone ringing for the next 30 minutes. When we went downstairs for breakfast, we saw that it was not other guests but the cleaning stuff who made the noise. At the reception no one looked at us, said something or bothered about an excuse.

As we had a flight later that day we packed up and checked out. Just when leaving the hotel, a women came up to us and introduced herself as the Customer Relations Manager and asked if we would fill out a review form. We agreed and told her that we have to go to the airport and she said it won't take long and she will just go and grap the forms. After 5 minutes waiting for her, we left and went to the airport.

We are not sure what changed in this 6 weeks between the two stays but it felt like two different hotels.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Berickus
Reviewed September 21, 2012

For the price, you are getting good value. Clean rooms. Decent breakfast. Good location. Helpful staff. Excellent WiFi speed. But beware if you are a light sleeper. Sounds travel and the rooms are very close to each other. Bring earplugs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Laila H
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stay the the YMCA for 4 nights beginning of September after 1 month India. We were so happy that we got this place.
A bit off the main roads which means quiet in the morning it was the perfect spot.

As already mentioned it is only 5 stops from Orchard Rd and they offer a free shuttle service to Orchard in the morning which is great.

Pros:
- Perfectly working wifi
- Pool in the backyard
- Good washing machines and dryers (a bit expensive but still ok)
- Good breakfast buffet
- Great lunch and diner buffets
- Really friendly and helpful staff

Cons:
- After midnight you have to walk or take a taxi to get back
- Shuttle bus only in the morning

We had a good time there and were able to wash all our clothes within half a day ourselfs with dryers and ironing (if needed). The rest of the time we enjoyed the time in Singapore.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple