“Good Hotel, but is really need extra energy to walk reach the hotel”
Review of York Hotel

York Hotel
Ranked #125 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a good hotel, bu really need extra energy to reach the hotel if you a walking shopper/tourist. near to orchad road and also near to mount elisabeth Hospital. you need walking at about 5-10 minutes to orchad road and to mount elisabeth maybe 3-5 minutes. But the price is good, and the room is really big compare to other hotel near orchad road. so if you stayed 3-4 people in one room the hotel is the good choice.

Room Tip: higher floor better view, and if you family with young children, the cabane will be good choice or f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank C_Agustino
mcmgr, Manager at York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the York Hotel. We appreciate you taking time to review the hotel. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Warm Regards.
Marketing Communications Department

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is very central, located in Orchard Road and behind of Paragon Shopping Center, just a few minutes walk to Orchard Road. Room are decent and clean. If you require just a place to sleep and location is the key, this is the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wxy8088
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Awesome , safe and very convenient to all shopping and travel on the MRT at orchard road station, interchanging stations very close too orchard station to china town and little India and Bugis street market not far get a MRT pass for 3 days $30 bucks with $10 deposit, travel all over worth the effort , travel all over the 4 routes easily. With Far East plaza and lucky plaza money changers very conveniently close by from the York Hotel. Shopping is amazing all that you need from Skechers shoes to Victoria secret undies around the Ion or wisma centre Orchard road or cheap stuff at the markets at Bugis street in China town or the Mustafa shopping centre at little India for electronics or Swatch watch bargains.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Dave T
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This Hotel was exactly what we were looking for. Not too big and fancy or expensive and not too small and cheap. I think it is about 12 floors high and we were on the 11th. I am very careful not to choose a Hotel thats very high as it scares me. But this was good, the 3 lifts are smooth and fast. From our floor I could see a hotel that had a glass lift on the outside of the building and I thought OMG thank god I'm not staying there...Not knowing Singapore we did not know which area to stay in so we figured it was safer to stay near Orchid Rd. Good choice, Buses restaurants, markets, shopping malls, everything close by. The Hotel itself was very quiet at night, had very good thick curtains to keep out morning light, the beds were comfortable and the best thing was the 4 pillows, oh yes i like that. Nice bathroom serviced everyday with new soaps etc, I actually had a bath on arrival which was lovely, plenty hot water, lots of cupboard space, good sized desk, large room which is what we liked about the place, most other reviews of Singapore hotels spoke about small rooms. My husband couldn't get his WIFI working on his old iphone so the nice man at the front desk helped him connect, see photo. I loved the foyer very nice chandalier and lots of seating, very helpful door staff. We didn't have breakfasts there, too pricey for us at around $30 pp but it looked very spacious and nice. Theres also a handy little shop which sold gifts and essentials, like toothbrush which i needed haha. We travelled light so it's always good when the room has a hairdryer! I only used the pool once but it was lovely, nice gardens, very nice change rooms I must say with showers and spare towels. they looked quite new or very well kept. No complaints about this place I think we paid about $750 AUD for 5 nights so as I say not too expensive and not too cheap.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenswaggerz
Reviewed December 22, 2013

good place and good location but destroyed by racist staff especially the security and the front desk at and the lobby.pretty weird how they treat their guest, kiasu chinese. wifi sucks too. house keeping pretty slow i have to wait a long time to check in. smallest single bed i ever stayed in a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank syafiqzailan
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Nothing overly wrong but no greatly redeeming qualities either. Concierge staff are generally disinterested during interactions.

The pool area is average and only open for 12 hours from 7-7. For a tropical, touristy place like Singapore, where guests are exploring the city during the day and wanting to cool off afterwards in the pool, is very poor.

The beds are very comfortable, room service is performed to an acceptable standard.

For value for money, you can do better than York hotel for your stay in Singapore.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TNM85
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I arrived earlier before 11am that there was no any room available. I was informed that I only able to check-in after 2pm. I requested for help as I needed a room urgently to use their WIFI for a conference call at 12pm (the WIFI service @ lobby only available for room guest only). I noted that Jackson Tang, the front desk staff tried his very best to help me, and I finally managed to check-in about 11.30am. Once I entered the room... it was so spacious with 2 queen bed - I found that he upgraded the room for me (i.e. as corporate and frequent customers) that allowing me to attend my meeting on-time. I appreciate and thanks to Jackson for his excellent service.

Once I entered the room, I found that the bathroom light was not working that I have to call the maintainance which took about an hour to fit it. During my stay... I noticed that the housekeeping service was pretty poor... the desk and side table was not properly cleaned, the floor was not vacuum properly, and the basic set of toiletries have not been replenished. And. I encountered many times on the room access cards problems that I have to go to the front desk many times to replace and reactivate the cards --either it can access to the lift but unable to open the room door, or can open the room door but unable to access the lift, and both were not working.. soba soba!

The hotel is located near the Singapore famous shopping malls and branded stuffs, with walking distrance to orchard road.

Actually, 2 of my peers also stayed at this hotel at the same time... Here... three of us had different experience during our few days stay thought we reserved the room at the same time (together) and paid for the same rate...

1. 2 of us have 2 queen-bed room and 1 of us have a small standard bed room.

2. I received 1.5L complementary bottle water, and the other one have 2 standard complementary 500ml bottle water & 1 basket of fruits, and the other colleague have nothing at all i.e. no complementary bottled water, not to mention the basket of fruits...

I have questioned them why there were different services rendered for us. They said would act and revert to us immediately...but it seemed no further explanation and no action was taken at all...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business