“Perfect for families”
Review of York Hotel

York Hotel
Ranked #127 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was travelling with my 4 boys and two more adults. I was attracted to York Hotel by the size of rooms and the price. I read up some reviews and found the majority rated it clean, comfortable and convenient. The main complain is about the staff. So when I book the hotel, I was prepared to face the "rude" staff. However, to my surprise, the staff are all very polite, helpful and friendly (Well, except one of the man at the bell desk and the lady who serves eggs at the cafe).

We have booked 2 rooms, one family room and one twins room. We arrived at the hotel before noon and the lady at reception happily checked us into the family room immediately and informing us that the other room will not be available until 2 pm. When I went to the reception again around 4pm, the keys of the other room was ready at the desk for us to pick up.

As many other reviews has pointed out, the hotel rooms are all very clean and comfortable. And the location is great. If I have to complain about anything, it will be the breakfast. It's very basic. And there's always a very long line for eggs and omelettes because you don't have that much choices for other food.

Overall, we had a great time staying at this hotel and I will definitely stay there again next time when I go.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,408)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

very comfortable, near to shopping district and restaurant. very friendly staff and clean. The only drawback is we have to pass through the hotel coffee house (can be quite disturbing during lunch, breakfast and dinner because many peoples) to the lift where our room is situated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mindarus
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Because of the great location of this hotel, its probably very popular but other than that theres not much good to say about it. It was a very standard stay here, nothing to write home about!

It provided a comfortable bed for us and a decent bathroom - however the shower/bathtub did not drain fast enough and you found yourself standing in a pool of water when you were finished.

Upon entering the lobby, you get this strong food smell which I didn't find appealing.
The carpets were stained and smelly.

Breakfast was good enough.

Based on the hotel's 10 minute walk to Orchard rd, 5minute walk to Far east plaza, I might consider returning if they decide to give the bathrooms a renovation!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is the best hotel if you want to stay with ur family... The room size is big, very nice interiors, very close to orchard road... And whosoever is writing bad about the staff it's all false... The staff is so helpful be it the reception guys or the bell boys just so helpful and if you are looking for Indian food nearby u have to walk for at least 15 mins and the restaurant name is the curry culture near orchard point.. Amazing food there...the only thing which I didn't like is there is no free wifi in the hotel.. Rest is all good.. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

on arriving we were welcomed at reception by very friendly staff, our room was on the 6th floor overlooking the swimming pool area, room was spacious for the two of us, air conditioning worked very well, room clean and tidy. All the staff spoke very good English. The restaurant was always very busy, a lot of the local people used the restaurant which is a good sign. For lunch and dinner there is a choice of buffet or menu to choose from, we choose the buffet for lunch which was great and a good variety and for dinner the menu, there is a huge selection to choose from also. Great location just a 5-10 min walk to Lucky Plaza otherwise we just caught a cab which are plentiful and cheap.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I travelled with my husband and daughter we took the premium room very big . Has a queen bed and two twins bed . Can fit for 4 persons in a room . Room space is big , but the bathroom is small and even it is renovated one year ago it is old and poorly maintain ! Water pressure is very lousy while taking a shower ! Breakfast is included the staffs are very nice, I pretty enjoy the breakfast ! Location of the hotel to shopping area is just a 5 mins walk ! For the price I paid will go back again since it is very near orchard road ( shopping district ).

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you want to do some shopping The York Hotel is in a good location just off Orchard Road.
Firstly every staff member I had any contact with was both friendly and helpful. I had an issue with my television and they had someone there very quickly and he fixed it quickly and gave me a few tips should I have any more trouble.
The rooms though were a quite tired and well worn. Disturbingly there was mould on the ceiling around the airconditioning vent.
I had one room service meal the Nonya Chicken Curry which was very tasty.
Overall in a city where hotel rooms are quite pricey it's an OK value option.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business