Having stayed at the Conrad Singapore a couple times, I decided to try the Hilton Sinagpore, which is located conveniently on Orchard Road. This is certainly a solid Hilton hotel with regard to the overall hardware and software, but I'll be at the same time comparing to this stay to my experiences at Conrad Singapore as well.
I stayed a standard deluxe room (with executive lounge access) for the first night and paid an upgrade to the King suite (executive suite) for the second night. The standard room is just--standard. Nothing special to write home about, with all the standard flat screen TV, good wireless itnernet, and a very comfy bed. Staff was generally helpful as I arrrived past midnight and checkin process was smooth. Conrad, on the other hand, had bigger rooms, more TV channels for selection, a bathroom which is superior to that of Hilton (better amentities and decoration). The bed at Conrad is even better (albeit the beds being very "high")
The King suite that I stayed in the second night was a pleasant surprise-- a lot better than I had anticipated. A very spacious living room and a slightly better bedroom. There is a separate shower and a bathtub which is a welcoming change. Should you stay at the Hilton the suite is a good choice for bigger groups (I was travelling solo). Conrad suites, on the other hand, are nice but the use of space was not very clever as there were a lot of "empty" spaces that could be utilised better--but besides this Conrad suites win hands down.
I have read about the executive loung at the Hilton being very full nearing 6pm--and this is certainly true. I was at the lounge at around half 5 in the evening and it was rather empty, but as 6 approaches suddenly dozens of people appear in the lounge and seats and sofas get occupied very quickly--definitely need to go up earlier should you wish to secure seats with a table as well. Lounge staffs were very nice and helpful. Food selection was, however, slightly limited. The Conrad lounge is certainly a lot better once again, as the food selection is a lot better than the lounge at Hilton, and the alcoholic drink selection is better at the Cornad as well.
So what does this mean? I guess the bottom line is that if you wish to spend more time using the hotel facilities and the room itself, definitely go for Conrad. The location of the Hilton is really the only reason why I chose it this time round--but Singapore is a small place so Conrad isn't too far off though. This Hilton is a solid hotel, but just that the Conrad , at least to me, is miles better and sometimes you can get a cheaper rate at the Conrad than Hilton.
All in all a solid Hilton hotel but would suggest Conrad for a better overall experience in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Singapore is centrally located in the heart of Orchard Road - Singapore’s vibrant shopping district and a 3-minute walk to Orchard MRT station. The hotel is an ideal choice for business travellers being only a 10-minute drive to the Central Business District and 20-minute drive from the Singapore Changi International Airport. Our 421 modern rooms and suites offer city or boulevard views, ergonomically designed workspaces and Wi-Fi access. For added privacy and convenience, choose Executive Floor rooms to enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and access to the Executive Lounge with business support facilities, complimentary breakfast and refreshments throughout the day. The hotel also offers six innovative dining options including a modern grill and an award-winning rooftop Italian restaurant. Other thoughtful facilities include an outdoor rooftop pool, 24/7 fully equipped fitness centre, two-floors of luxury boutiques and in-house therapeutic massage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International