3,088 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeorchard roaddiamond memberion orchardrooftop poolbusiness tripbreakfast buffetan upgradelocation is excellentlate checkmrt stationshoppinggymconciergeshopperstaxisdoorman
Reviewed March 1, 2009

A friend and I stayed here to be within easy reach of Orchard Road so we could invest in the local economy. We were dog tired after our far east adventure and desperately needed some shopping therapy and R&R.

Our welcome on check-in was like dealing with a robot. A friendly smile and a hint of personality would have gone a long way. She answered my innocent questions about breakfast and Hilton HHonors coldly before we were verbally prodded on our way - we eventually stumbled upon the lifts. Bad first impression and one you don't forget easily.

The room was a generous size although the bathroom was small. The beds were comfortable. Unfortunately there was no turn down service. The pictures of the gym and pool looked very good but we didn't use them.

I've stayed in much better hotels in Singapore - being on Orchard Road no longer is important to me... I'll stay at a better hotel next time and just jump in a cab to Orchard Road. The shopping was just brilliant though.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Our stay in Hilton was one of our break-from-bustle-of-the-city things. We stayed for one night, and the room facilities were okay.

My observations: -
1. Each room is equipped with a DVD player. You can also rent DVDs from the executive lounge. Not all hotels have this :)
2. No complimentary bottled water. Most of the 3-5 star hotels I've been to usually provide this.
3. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries - Hilton provides posh toiletries, save for a bubble foam. Haha.
4. Excellent room interior and housekeeping services.
5. Buffet - I really didn't like the breakfast buffet - very few choices. But since we got the room at a very low rate, I think the facilities and amenities we have used are not so bad!

Hilton also boasts a centralized location - just a few minutes away from the Orchard shopping district :)

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Stayed in a executive room for 2 nights.
when checked in was a que of about 5 people, asked a staff member that was passing if we can go to executive lounge to check in, was told wait till my turn then they will help you. when my turn at front desk they asked me if i want to check in in the lounge, bit late.
room meant to be refurbished. very cheaply done, bathroom and mini bar, closet needs refurbished. did not even have face cloths in bathroom. loads of black hair in bath and towels.
executive lounge to small. we had to wait to get a seat on both nights. eventually got some seats but had to share a 4 persons table with others. only positve there was the staff being very friendly, probarly embarrassed more like it.
had breakfast in the main breakfast restaurant not exec lounge. again to small and had to wait for a table.
wanted to sun bath aroud the pool during the day. only about 7 sunbeds and 7 seperate chairs around the pool. for such a big a hotel they need more. ask the staff if anymore, they advised me no. had to wait for about 1 hour for a bed.had to lie on the floor in the mean time. pool area def needs a good refurbishment.
i think there are to many rooms for there facilities.
i did fill a comments card in and gave to front desk on check out. still no reply from the manager.
i will def not recommend this hotel to anybody.
do not stay here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank attie1000
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Satyed one night and the room was spacious and very very comfortable and clean as well as the hotel has a very convinient location and is quiet.
The service was flawless, breakfast truly wonderful with a vast variety and although it was very busy had to wait ten minutes to be seated, the warmth and friendly professionalism that the staff presented and how it was handled made it as if there was no trace of any small glitch in that.
You can tell who the staff are, they are the focused and friendly ones within the hotel.
From check in to check out and everthing in between including Chtoby(no sure if correct spelling of his name) the Porter who has been there since day one of the hotels opening some 38 years ago gave me a sense that this place in the heart of ever improving Singapore is indeed Superbly Special Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank galsim
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I have been visiting this hotel since 1986. I have been disappointed. Excellent hotel, great location at Orchard Road( shopping, restaurants) .

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business