“Interconnecting rooms, very friendly service.”
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #65 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Interconnecting rooms, very friendly service.”
Reviewed March 4, 2009

We arrived in Singapore following a long haul flight and aren't we glad we stayed at the Hilton. This is one of the few hotels that will guarantee us interconnecting rooms so our young kids can be next door to us before we depart UK. The check in was most straight forward and done in the exec lounge. We have the most wonderful breakfast at Hilton (we also stayed at the Intercontinental and St Regis previously). The location could not have been better located as it is right on Orchard Road.
Very good value as the 2nd room for the kids was half price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
Reviewed March 1, 2009

A friend and I stayed here to be within easy reach of Orchard Road so we could invest in the local economy. We were dog tired after our far east adventure and desperately needed some shopping therapy and R&R.

Our welcome on check-in was like dealing with a robot. A friendly smile and a hint of personality would have gone a long way. She answered my innocent questions about breakfast and Hilton HHonors coldly before we were verbally prodded on our way - we eventually stumbled upon the lifts. Bad first impression and one you don't forget easily.

The room was a generous size although the bathroom was small. The beds were comfortable. Unfortunately there was no turn down service. The pictures of the gym and pool looked very good but we didn't use them.

I've stayed in much better hotels in Singapore - being on Orchard Road no longer is important to me... I'll stay at a better hotel next time and just jump in a cab to Orchard Road. The shopping was just brilliant though.

Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Our stay in Hilton was one of our break-from-bustle-of-the-city things. We stayed for one night, and the room facilities were okay.

My observations: -
1. Each room is equipped with a DVD player. You can also rent DVDs from the executive lounge. Not all hotels have this :)
2. No complimentary bottled water. Most of the 3-5 star hotels I've been to usually provide this.
3. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries - Hilton provides posh toiletries, save for a bubble foam. Haha.
4. Excellent room interior and housekeeping services.
5. Buffet - I really didn't like the breakfast buffet - very few choices. But since we got the room at a very low rate, I think the facilities and amenities we have used are not so bad!

Hilton also boasts a centralized location - just a few minutes away from the Orchard shopping district :)

Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Stayed in a executive room for 2 nights.
when checked in was a que of about 5 people, asked a staff member that was passing if we can go to executive lounge to check in, was told wait till my turn then they will help you. when my turn at front desk they asked me if i want to check in in the lounge, bit late.
room meant to be refurbished. very cheaply done, bathroom and mini bar, closet needs refurbished. did not even have face cloths in bathroom. loads of black hair in bath and towels.
executive lounge to small. we had to wait to get a seat on both nights. eventually got some seats but had to share a 4 persons table with others. only positve there was the staff being very friendly, probarly embarrassed more like it.
had breakfast in the main breakfast restaurant not exec lounge. again to small and had to wait for a table.
wanted to sun bath aroud the pool during the day. only about 7 sunbeds and 7 seperate chairs around the pool. for such a big a hotel they need more. ask the staff if anymore, they advised me no. had to wait for about 1 hour for a bed.had to lie on the floor in the mean time. pool area def needs a good refurbishment.
i think there are to many rooms for there facilities.
i did fill a comments card in and gave to front desk on check out. still no reply from the manager.
i will def not recommend this hotel to anybody.
do not stay here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank attie1000
Anduze, France
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Satyed one night and the room was spacious and very very comfortable and clean as well as the hotel has a very convinient location and is quiet.
The service was flawless, breakfast truly wonderful with a vast variety and although it was very busy had to wait ten minutes to be seated, the warmth and friendly professionalism that the staff presented and how it was handled made it as if there was no trace of any small glitch in that.
You can tell who the staff are, they are the focused and friendly ones within the hotel.
From check in to check out and everthing in between including Chtoby(no sure if correct spelling of his name) the Porter who has been there since day one of the hotels opening some 38 years ago gave me a sense that this place in the heart of ever improving Singapore is indeed Superbly Special Hilton.

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank galsim
Netherlands
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I have been visiting this hotel since 1986. I have been disappointed. Excellent hotel, great location at Orchard Road( shopping, restaurants) .

• Liked — always good
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Stayed at the Executive dlx room with access to exec lounge. It's very good value for money.

The hassle-free check-in was done at the exec lounge on 22nd floor. Room given was on the same floor - which made it so easy to access the lounge anytime. The refurbished room has a futuristic look to it, like the reading lights on each side of the bed, the huge plasma tv with dvd player, the nice recessed lightings and the glass-top workdesk. The tv programs are better than most hotels I stayed in - these include 2 thai channels (ch5 and 7), german, australian, japanese, french, etc etc apart from the staples like cnn, bbc and Ch news asia.

Breakfast is by far one of the best I've had! I chose to eat at the ground floor cafe, rather than restricting myself to the continental breakfast at the exec lounge. The spread at the groundfloor cafe was excellent, and so was the quality - like SCS butter, Hero jams, wide range of breads and bagel, carved honey baked ham, good-tasting asian tim-sums like char siew pow, chee cheong fun, to japanese food.

Service was superlative, everywhere I go, from the staff (even the electricians and plumbers) in the elevators who greeted me and had genuine smiles all around, to the doormen and the exec lounge staff who were so helpful.

The disappointments I have can be categorised into 4 areas:
(1) the smallish bathroom with a a tiny bathtub cum shower. I would prefer shower and bath to be separated. Having said that, the hotel uses top-line fittings like Grohe faucets and quality products like Crabtree & Evelyn's La Source.
(2) the other area which fell short of my expectation was the rather dated swimming pool on the 24th floor, which has to be accessed by climbing the staircase from the gym at the 23rd floor. I was transformed to the 1970s era!
(3) no complimentary use of broadband internet. I was told the hotel charges 40 cents per minute if I access internet from my room, or S$28 for whole day usage. I kept my Sony Viao at home!
(4) the closet in my room (room 2225) was the only feature I suspect which had been left when the room was renovated, because the doors to the closet were rickety and could not close properly. Similarly there are signs in the public areas like the ground floor toilet (next to the bar) where the cubicles look so old. Even worse was the unrenovated toilet at the 2nd level shopping gallery. It looks so out of place from what a 5-star hotel could provide. For a moment I thought I was in the toilet of some shopping mall in chinatown! I mean, it's miles apart after passing through the classy boutiques of D&G, Armani, etc.

• Liked — The great service with a smile
  • Disliked — The dated areas in some places and the internet charges
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends