“wonderful/helpful staff”
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #76 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We booked this hotel through expedia well before we knew there was going to be "renovations." After reading the recent (negative) reviews, I was very afraid that our experience would be less than pleasing. I was wrong!

i left my wallet in the dining area with well over $100 in it, and the concierge called us to let us know they found it without ANYTHING missing. I'm impressed!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Tim J,

Thank you for sharing your positive Hilton Singapore experience, we very much appreciate your feedback. Whilst we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, we are glad that your wallet was successfully recovered. We look forward to extending our hospitality to you again when you are next in Singapore.

Peter Webster

Write a ReviewReviews (2,884)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel is very centrally located in Orchard road, the main shopping district. Some great multi-level shopping complexes within walking distance, ION shopping centre is a great starting place. We organized a limousine from the airport through black lane limos, through their website (great service). The hotel itself is very well appointed and when we arrived the check-in was very friendly and efficient. The hotel is definitely Hilton standard , we stayed at Conrad Hilton last time , while a bit better hotel the location of this one is better for the shops. We had a standard king room which was very clean, in good condition and quiet. While only a short stay so we didn't use all the facilities, but they have a great restaurant on the roof overlooking the pool. I would definitely stay here again, only 20 minutes to airport. Also hotel has free Wi-Fi in lobby area.

Room Tip: high floors have nice views
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Glen W,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for your positive feedback and we certainly hope that you will stay with us longer on your next visit to Singapore. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for a refreshed Hilton Singapore experience especially with our exciting refurbishment plans coming up in the year.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our 1 night stopover and pleased to see how the staff were professionals and hospitality.

As usual we enjoyed the lounge, the 'sublime' breakfast even a bit busiest, swimming pool on top roof with nice view around...

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank OneW0rld007
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear OneW0rld007,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent Hilton Singapore experience. It is rewarding for the team to realise that their warmth and attentiveness highlighted your stay, as did our newly renovated Executive Lounge. We hope that you will have a longer stay the next time you are in Singapore to enjoy more of our facilities and food & beverage options. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hotel staff were great, very helpful and I never encountered anything other than great service. Breakfast was ok, not the same standard as I have had elsewhere but certainly more than enough for my rumbly tummy.

Rooms in the hotel are on the small side but they seemed to be kept clean. Hotel foyer is dated but I don't make a habit of hanging around the foyer.

Location is great, close to everything in Orchard Road with lots of choice for eating and drinking close by. If you are a shopper then this is a great spot!

I think the hotel is a little pricey for what you get however I would (and probably will) stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear John G,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read that you were comfortable and felt well-taken care of by my team.

Your feedback is much appreciated and you will be glad to know that our hotel will be undergoing a facelift with refurbishment works in phases to various areas within the premise to deliver a better stay experience with us. My team and I are delighted that you will be staying with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I need to preface this by stating that I previously stayed at the Singapore Hilton on Orchard Road for an entire month several years ago. And at the end of that visit I couldn't praise it enough. The service, the food, the atmosphere in the lounge, the staff in the gym, it was all over the top fantastic. Every wish was granted, every whim indulged.

So imagine my chagrin when I came back in March 2014 to find that things had...well...changed. It wasn't that everything was dreadful, it was just such a step down from what they had trained me to expect that I was really shocked.

From the porter in the lobby who was somewhat rude when I inquired about an expected taxi, to the misunderstood requirement for a suit to be pressed for wearing the next morning, to the lackluster cleaning of my room (one day they put in new toiletries, the next day no, one day they put in nothing but lotion, but no shampoo, etc.) It was just all off.

But the really big disappointment came when I ordered room service one evening. The relatively simple cobb salad and tiramisu for dessert. The cobb salad came with 4 strips of bacon, clearly left over from the morning meal, that hadn't even been chopped up. Those 4 strips of bacon were just laying atop some wilted greens like dried up wrinkled snakes. The avocado was utterly unripe. The italian dressing I requested was instead an unappealing greasy vinagrette without flavor of any kind. And the greens were old and wilted. The chicken, what there was of it, was about 4 or 5 small chunks at the bottom of the bowl.

The tiramisu was awful. It was served, attractively, in an oversized martini glass. But it must have been made a long time before, because once you tried eating it the separated, bitter, brown liquid oozing at the bottom of the glass made it inedible.

It does not seem possible that a simple meal like a cobb salad and tiramisu would be so hard to do adequately. But it was really just so disappointing.

I came away from that stay at the Hilton thinking that the next time I visit Singapore, I'm going to check out the Marriott or Grand Hyatt - both comparable price-wise and I think maybe they are trying a little harder to live up to Singapore's reputation of being the customer service capital of Asia. Because I really didn't feel that the Hilton is trying all that hard anymore.

And it made me sad.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Punkeelarousse

Dear Punkeelarousse,

I deeply regret that your recent stay with us was disappointing. Thank you for being honest and frank with your review. I wish to assure you that what you experienced is not typical of the quality Hilton hospitality experience which my team and I endeavour to deliver to our guests.

Your feedback is important to us and I have discussed your points at length with my team for necessary corrective actions to improve on our service delivery and in-room dining experience. You will be glad to know that refurbishment plans to various premises within the hotel is part of our plan this year to better deliver refreshed and quality experiences to our guests.

Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we hope for another opportunity to be of service to you and have taken the liberty to keep your records with us to ensure your comfort and well-being should you stay with us again on your next return to Singapore. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write in your feedback to us.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great hotel with easy reach of all of Singapores great experiences. If you want piece and quiet as for a room that does not overlook Orchard Road. Other wise it was a great place to stay, friendly and help full staff. If you need to travel somewhere by taxi - book through the desk, otherwise you may have to wait quite a while

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Andrew P K,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Singapore, we are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to see you again should you return to Singapore in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed for 10 nights at Hilton Singapore. Location is excellent if you want to stay in Orchard Road. Easy access to MRT, Food Courts and malls. I really appreciated the service recovery after an initial poor room assignment. Kudos to Jacy, the 19th/F Floor Manager for having great customer service skills.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Johann Hunter M,

It was our pleasure to be of service to you during your 10 nights stay with us and I am delighted to know that you were satisfied with the team's service.

Thank you for your kind compliments of my team member, Jacy. She has received your kind mention of her service and is pleased that you felt well-taken care of during your stay. Together with the rest of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.