“Great location, good service”
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #70 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The location is great. Even though it is in the original Orchard Road area, the convenience of the MRT and walking distance to all of Orchard Road makes it a perfect place to stay in Singapore. It would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear dljhk,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Singapore, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to delivering more great hospitality experiences to you when you visit us again in the future.

Peter Webster

Write a ReviewReviews (2,806)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

FULL REVIEW: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/2013/12/25/hilton-singapore

The Hilton Singapore is located in a quieter part of Orchard Road and it also houses a shopping arcade that showcases brands like Mulberry, Rolex and Balenciaga among other fashion boutiques. I was offered a one-tier room upgrade to a Deluxe Plus room at check-in for being a Hilton Hhonors Gold member. This is essentially is a Deluxe room on a higher floor so it did not really feel like a real upgrade to me. However, I was also given free breakfast (since my room rate did not include this) and in-room internet (usually $5.35).

Personally for me, the bathroom was too small and the tub definitely leaking as the water stopper was unable to contain the water for a period of time.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Markcwj,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. We value your loyalty as a Hilton Hhonors Gold member. Whilst I am glad that you were comfortable and felt well-taken care of by my team, please be assured that the points which you have brought up will be rectified and evaluated to better benefit our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back for a better Hilton Singapore experience.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

There was a problem with our reservation, caused by the booking agent here in Australia. The Hilton Hotel had not received the booking or payment. The staff at the Hotel could not have been more helpful or professional in helping to remedy the issue. The service we received was outstanding and this service level was maintained throughout our stay. Should we be planning another holiday in the near future, we will actively seek out a Hilton Hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Terence H,

Thank you for your compliments on your recent stay with us. It gives me great pleasure to know that my team's professional and warm service highlighted your Hilton Singapore experience. Should you be planning your next holiday in Singapore, please do not hesitate to email our reservations team directly at singapore.reservations@hilton.com. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have stayed at this Hilton 3 times previously and each time we have a great time. The food in the Checkers Brasserie is always exceptional and good value for Singapore. The location is close to the action but not overpowering your moves.Unfortunately time I had a sickness which they helped with finding a doctor and arranged a late check out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Peter T,

Thank you for your kind compliments to my team, I am pleased to know that you were well-looked after during your stays with us and had an enjoyable dining experience at Checkers Brasserie. We value your continued patronage and it will be our pleasure to see you again on your next return to Singapore.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I Singapore a couple of days for business and stayed at the Hilton on Orchard Rd. Check-in at reception was quick and the staff was friendly. The room itself was nice, the bed was comfortable. Only hotel I stayed in on my 7 day trip that did not have a separate shower stall. Hilton has the tub shower. The bathroom was probably the weakest part of the experience. The electrical outlet in the bathroom is marked for shavers so I guess they want you to use some outlet in the room itself for the hairdryer. Only outlet closest enough to a mirror required you to sit on the floor to dry your hair (if you are a person who needs to do that).
Had lunch and breakfast in the restaurant and both were very good. Had the buffet.

Dear RickK,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Singapore, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

My team and I are delighted that you were comfortable and enjoyed our service during your stay with us. For precautionary measures, the electrical outlet in our bathroom is indeed a 115v-240v outlet for shavers only and those by the minibar and writing desk can be used for hairdryers. Please be assured that we have taken note of your feedback regarding our bathroom and electrical outlets.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back and deliver a refreshed Hilton Singapore experience on your next visit.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed in Hilton Singapore Hotel for 5 days in early March because of a business nearby. In short, it is an enjoyable stay even though the time I spent inside the hotel is not that long.

[1] Check-in / Check-out
I arrived in the hotel at around 2am in the morning and checked-out at about 3:30am because my outbound and inbound flights arrive and depart in the very early morning, respectively. Despite I do not have chance to check-in/out in the Executive Lounge, the experience at the Lobby Level is still great and smooth. Especially during the check-in, the Staff is attentive and asked if I need any morning calls whenever appropriate.

[2] Room
Being a Diamond Member, my reservation is upgraded to an Executive Room at a higher floor with a reasonably good view of a side of the Orchard Road. The king bed is comfortable; the internet connection (both Wi-Fi and Ethernet) is good; and the amenities inside the bathroom are great. The laundry service is good and efficient too!

[3] Executive Lounge
There are breakfasts, afternoon teas, and evening cocktails available in the executive lounge at 22/F. I like that the lounge opens daily at 6am 'cause it really suits for my schedule and leaves me sometimes to work out in the gym before heading to the meeting! Though I have an option to have my breakfast at the Lobby Level, I do stay in the lounge daily for my continental breakfast 'cause I feel that the choices and varieties there are already very good for me. The evening cocktail is also great and the dessert is very tasty!

[4] Fitness Facilities
There are a swimming pool and a well equipped fitness center at 23/F. I do use the fitness center daily - the equipments there are great and it opens 24/7 for in-house guests that from my point of view is excellent!

[5] Location
The hotel is located at one end of the Orchard Road, which is close to Orange Grove Road. There are lots of shopping malls and dining options along the Orchard Road and the transportation options here are great. It takes just around 30 minutes to head to the International Airport.

[6] Operator
The Staff from the operator center is attentive and polite!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Edward-A A,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you to Hilton Singapore!

Your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member is of great value to us and we are glad that you were comfortable during your stay. We appreciate your positive feedback on your experience, from your check-in to our facilities and your check-out. We hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us on your next visit to Singapore, we would be delighted to be of service to you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed for a business conference. Friendly and caring staff, always greeting you every day. Was on a vegetarian diet and was offered to mix-up the menu after having the same meal twice. The next day they remembered my order which I didn't think they would. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Chow Lee T,

Thank you for letting us know what made your stay experience a memorable one. I am delighted that my team members delivered the personalised and attentive service that contributed towards your great experience and high recommendation. As you know, we offer regular room-stay promotions and exciting food and beverage offerings - it would be our pleasure to see you again soon.