We holidayed in South East Asia using Singapore as our base. On the way in we stayed at The Fullerton and on the way out The Hilton(to get a feel for different hotels). We were very underwhelmed by out experience at The Hilton. There really wasn't anything noteworthy other than the location. Room was small, bathroom was small, lobby area small but we half-expected that given that it is on Orchard Road, the prime shopping district in Singapore. However we expected the service to be much better given that it is the one factor that is within the hotel management's control. We had an early flight to catch and had asked for a car to be booked for early hours the next morning. We were even prepared to pay for a hotel car for the convenience. However, there was none! The hotel hasn't got it's own fleet of cars and we were simply told to flag down a taxi the next morning. This might not have been a problem usually, but as in our case, it was 6am on a Sunday morning. Needless to say, we had difficulties getting any taxis to stop and it caused unnecessary stress with 2 young children and our many bags in tow. The concierge ordered a taxi and when it came, we had another incident as another guest who been waiting claimed the taxi as his and it wasn't pleasant for all concerned.
In summary, unless you're planning on a shop-till-you-drop expedition, stay clear. Pay a bit more and head to The Fullerton. Lots of bars and restaurants and it's a nice stroll along Clark Quay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Singapore is centrally located in the heart of Orchard Road - Singapore’s vibrant shopping district and a 3-minute walk to Orchard MRT station. The hotel is an ideal choice for business travellers being only a 10-minute drive to the Central Business District and 20-minute drive from the Singapore Changi International Airport. Our 421 modern rooms and suites offer city or boulevard views, ergonomically designed workspaces and Wi-Fi access. For added privacy and convenience, choose Executive Floor rooms to enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and access to the Executive Lounge with business support facilities, complimentary breakfast and refreshments throughout the day. The hotel also offers six innovative dining options including a modern grill and an award-winning rooftop Italian restaurant. Other thoughtful facilities include an outdoor rooftop pool, 24/7 fully equipped fitness centre, two-floors of luxury boutiques and in-house therapeutic massage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International