“Outstanding customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 304 Hotels in Singapore
Fishersville, Virginia
“Outstanding customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I are always impressed with the staff at the Singapore Hilton. It's so refreshing after the long trip from the states to be greeted with a smile, wonderful manners and employees that appear to love their job! Can't say enough about "our" favorite hotel, the staff, the huge and delicious breakfast buffet, clean rooms and convenient location on Orchard Road.

Room Tip: We like the front looking over Orchard Road and the morning sunrise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PoppyC64
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear PoppyC64,

Thank you for reviewing Hilton Singapore, we are indeed pleased to be your "favourite hotel"!

It is heartening for our team members to realise that their consistent level of service have contributed positively to your stay experiences. We truly appreciate your encouraging comments.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Alain Mahillon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is an older property and one can it is pretty obvious from the moment you step into the property. I stayed in a suite, whilst large, it was really nothing fancy. My biggest gripe was the lack of lighting in the bathroom. As a Gold HH member, I had access to the lounge, and it must have been one of the least exciting lounges that I have been to in the Asia-Pac region.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank andrew23
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Recently I thought I would concentrate on staying at one hotel vendor which offers a competitive points accrual scheme - after 2 pleasant stays at the New York Millenium Hilton and the new Melbourne Hilton I decided to to try the established Hilton in Singapore.

Upon check in as a Gold Hilton Hons member I was not offered any special welcome or upgrade, my keycard was offered in a scruffy envelope, not even a normal wallet. The room is worn and small, and has one of the smallest bathrooms I have ever seen, in fact I cannot recall staying in a hotel in Asia which does not have a separate shower cubicle - this is far from a five star experience. In addition the room suffers from traffic noise and you can hear noise from other inmates. This morning there was no hair dryer to be found. Breakfast was OK, but limited staff available to clear used plates from the table.

In short this is a 3 star hotel frequented by builder types, wearing shirts emblazoned with their company logos. If you want a 5 star experience stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Conrad or Shangri-la. The only pro I can think of are the Hilton points !

Room Tip: high floor
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank biztrav88
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The location is great on Orchard Road where there is plenty to do at any time of the day.

The lobby and restaurant area always has a lot of activity which is a plus after a busy day. The rooms are to the point and clean with some luxury items that can be seen throughout the hotel.

I would stay here for its convenience and reliability more than anything, however hard to complain of any aspect of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Discostuu
Dear Discostuu,

Thank you for your kind feedback from your recent stay at Hilton Singapore. We are pleased that your stay left you with a positive impression.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manage
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at Hilton from 16 April to 21 April to attended FHA 2012 at Singapore Expo. Everything was fine until on my check-out day (21 April around 9.30am). The lady at check-out counter told me that we have a bill for internet fee for 2 days 53$. The internet has connected form our room or what I understand was by my room number.

That very strange because we didn't use any internet during our stay. My sister used her iphone to access to internet which she opens the internet package from Thailand that used via SingTel, So, we don't have to use Hotel's internet. When we asked about the time the internet had been connected. It was 7.30 pm on 17April and 8.30pm on 18 April and we were not back to the hotel until 9 pm on both days.

We had been asked the question like Have we let someone in to our room? Do you sure you didn't connect the internet? Our answer No.

When we start to ask our questions how and when the internet had been connected and how it go to our room account. Our staff just said she won't charge this bill this time that let we wondering what she mean for this time. Will she put our name in some sort of list and why she let it go so easily?

2 Thank Petch03
Dear Petch03,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your recent visit at Hilton Singapore.

I want to apologise for the disappointment caused in regard to the internet charges. We have thoroughly investigated the matter through our IT department and found this error is an isolated case.

Rest assured your comments have been shared with all concerned and corrective action has been taken. It certainly was unintentional and thank you for letting us know so we can continue to improve on our service standards.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Singapore. There will always be a warm welcome waiting.

New Rochelle, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have stayed in this Hilton property many, many times. In Singapore new hotels seem to be opening round the clock. While this hotel is modern in comparison to Hilton Hotels in other places, compared to some of the other hotels around Orchard Road, this one is starting to show it's age. Knowing Singapore, I suspect they will begin refurbishing the guest rooms in the near future (a guess, not a fact).

The location is great. Just a few minute walk to the MRT. Shopping and eating all within a stone's throw (isn't shopping and eating what Singapore is all about????).

As an elite Hilton Honors member, I always hope for a room upgrade. For this visit, the hotel was fully booked. Upgrades to the Executive Floor was not possible.

Love the buffet breakfast. In addition to the usual American fare, there are Japanese and Indian dishes. Eggs can be cooked to order.

If they refurbish to rooms in the near future, I would up my review from 4 stars to 5 stars. Still a good property.

• 5 of 5 stars
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Jaynyc2,

Thank you for being our regular guest at Hilton Singapore, it is a pleasure knowing that your stays with us continue to meet your expectations.

We very much appreciate your insights on the hotel and are delighted that you are happy with our buffet breakfast.

Once again, thank you for your continuous support and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip back to Singapore.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at Hilton Singapore from 5 April to 7 April 2012. This was the third time I stayed at Hilton Hotel in the last six months. Guess I didn't have to say much for my repeated stay at Hilton Hotel Singapore. My husband checked in few hours earlier than me, as my flight arrived into Singapore in the early morning. The front counter staff only took one minute to give me the card key to the room. As I was experiencing some back pain, it was nice for the concierge to insist in helping me with my luggage. The only problem was that my husband forgot to ask for a room not facing the main road. As I am a light sleeper, the morning traffic noise can be a problem for me. But my husband certainly had the most beautiful sleep. I won't hesitate to book into Hilton Hotel again for its comfortable bed and pillow, the clean room and friendly staffs who never fail to give me a smile.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth L,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Singapore, my team and I are happy to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality during your stays.

Your feedback is very important to us because not only does it provide us with insights on your stay, but it has also given us information on your room preference. We have duly recorded this in our system to ensure that your preferred room away from the main road is reserved for your future stays with us.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your return soon.